A Cup of Cold Water to Your Prophet - Part 2
Text: Matt. 25:31-46, Matt. 26:6-13; Numb. 12:1-16
MEMORY VERSE: Matt. 10:42 And whosoever shall GIVE TO DRINK unto one of these little ones A CUP OF COLD WATER only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise LOSE HIS REWARD"
A servant of God once said, "Never speak with a servant of God when you are upset because he did something or whatever wrong. You will get into trouble. It is a very SERIOUS MATTER because when you do, his God will react and your life will never go straight any longer. Num. 12:1-16. Don't get too used to the anointing otherwise it will not work for you again. Even if your pastor may be your friend or be easy going, always remember who he is and the anointing he carries, and honour and esteem him very highly. 1 Thess 5:12-14. Address him or her with respect. Don't say "Hi PASSI, or Hey GUY! or any other funny name" learn to say Good Morning Pastor Sir & Maam.
The pastor may not even mind when you address him in an inappropriate way, but the anointing will surely mind and will honour or dishonour you accordingly. Act with revelation and understanding. Don't harbour grudges rather Communicate with reverence, this means express with esteem, knowing that your pastor can not be against you and that which you're upset about has a teaching within it. Seek clarity with an aim to learn. Not to find fault. Thinking of telling him or giving him a piece of your mind. Don't do that. Think about this now, Moses married an Ethiopian woman and not an Israelite! Yet God knows it! Numb. 12:1-5.
A Servant of God is not a usual person he or she is a gift from God to men. It matters how you treat what God has given you as a gift. Your Pastor or prophet's heart desire, is your righteousness, faith, prospertiy . Let pride be dealt with in your heart. Declare to have a teachable Spirit as a Christian. Don't be looking at reputation or what ever to exhibit characters that can cost your own salvation or cut your life short. We are in a terminal generation, protect your salvation at all cost. If you have offended in your speech to any Pastor or Man of God or even your leaders, Ask for forgiveness from God yet go to them in humility and apologise to them for this is important. Take these wonderful thoughts very seriously and ensure to appropriate them accordingly in your life. God bless you abundantly. Numb. 16:1-50, Numb. 17:1-13.
HOW DO YOU VALUE GOD'S SERVANT IN YOUR LIFE
- Nothing brings great blessing like appreciating the people God has placed over your life for leadership. God values everyone He has anointed because He sent them on earth to represent Him in every affair He wants to achieve in the lives of people. Sometimes we see them ordinary because they look like us, but God has separated them for His service on earth. They are servants of God by serving you, ministering to you day and night, so you must learn to value them. Heb. 5:1-5, Ex. 28:1-5.
- Many people do not know that if they value their prophet, the same value is for God. You cannot see God at any time, you can only see Him in the lives of His servants that He has chosen to serve you. 1 John 4:20-21. Numbers 18:1-7. A man or woman of God you don't value cannot be a blessing to your life. It is the value you place on him or her that draws out the anointing to bless your life. 1Samuel 10:1-12
- The more you place value on your man of God; the more important he becomes to you. You will think more on how to preserve him, his family, his future and how he will live longer and never die before his time by suffering. 2 Kings 4:8-17
- Until you begin to value your prophet, you will not see him as a model, a hero or your mentor. You will allow him to be wasted as we see in this scripture a prophet died in great poverty. What a curse upon his followers, may that never be your portion. 2 kings 4:1-4.
- Think about this, if your husband, wife, son, daughter, brother, uncle, cousin etc is your pastor or prophet, would you value him? Read Matt.10:8-14 and 1 Cor 9:7-14. JUDAS HAD NO VALUE ON CHRIST THAT CHOSE HIM INTO THE MINISTRY. He asked a question, WHY THIS WASTE? Many people see what is done for the pastor as a waste. Matt. 26:8; Mark 14:4-5, Deut 24:14-15, Deut 25:4, Luke 10:7, 1 Tim 5:18
- We will soon leave this world, what ever you give to your pastor, you will one day see it before you; not only in heaven, there will be a reward of it on earth. The more you disvalue a servant of God the more greater problems come your way to destroy your income, business or family. Gal 6:6-10,Prov 11:24-25, Luke 6:38
BUYING THE FUTURE OR DESTINY OF YOUR PASTOR
- It is very important to know that you can make your servant of God or his family live longer. The more you care for your pastor, the more you extend his life on earth. Never join those that think that a pastor must live miserable on earth to be holy. 2 kings 4:8-17.
- The children of the pastor are his future generation. If they grow up illiterates because their father is a pastor, it is a curse to the church. There must be people that are compassionate about the future life and family of the pastor. You can help preserve the future of the pastor. Luke 8:1-3.
- Lydia and the Shunemite woman saw it necessary to take care of the servants of God. Lydia forced the servants of God to come into her house and stay until their mission was over and the Shunemite woman spoke to her husband to build a place and equip it for the servant of God. Do you really have such a heart to build the future of God's servant. Acts 16:14-15 , 2 Kings 4:8-17.
- The relationship with the pastor is not one time and forget; it is as long as you live and as long as he lives. His problem on earth is not one time neither do you have only one time problem. He is there for you and you are there for him. When his anointing begin to mean nothing to you, your love for him begin to diminish, that equally means that the flow of blessing from his life and ministry will cease from reaching you. Heb.7:7, 2 Kings 4:2-7, 2 Kings 4:17-37
- Lets be real over this issue, does your pastor live well, do you care about him and his family, anything you can do to preserve the life and family of your pastor attracts blessing. Nothing is too small depending of your level of income, in as much as you are not doing anything to dishonour or despise the servant of God. Acts 28:7-10, Psalm 55:12-16, Rom 13:1-7, Numbers 17:1-13
Sometimes you will see a pastor doing everything, sacrificing all to make his or her church members comfortable yet they won't love him in return, but those pastors who collects their money and will not care about them are the ones they will love.
Never forget that whatever good you make happen to your pastor is for your blessing and whatever you make happen to your pastor negatively is for your destruction. Psalm 105:15, Ps. 78:7-9.