Angels on Mission For You - Part 5
TEXT: Gen. 21:5-20, Ps. 34:7, 1 Chro 21:1-30.
MEMORY VERSE: 1 Chro. 21:15 – “And God sent an angel unto Jerusalem to destroy it: and as he was destroying, the LORD beheld, and he repented him of the evil, and said to the angel that destroyed, It is enough, stay now thine hand. And the angel of the LORD stood by the threshing floor of Ornan the Jebusite.”
To understand that angels are servants to Christians and their responsibilities are to help believers succeed on earth. To have full knowledge of angelic activities from from the old testament to the new testament. Finally to know that God can send an angel to stand against a nation or a man that goes contrary to the word of God and does evil continuously.
Angels are not afraid of humans; neither can any closed door or gate stop them. When they are sent to destroy, they do it without looking back, except God intervenes. And when they are sent to bless nothing can stop them from doing it. Open your heart; one of these days, angels will visit you and all you need to do is to recognize them and welcome them as suppose. Don't wait to see someone on two wings flying towards you in white. Sometimes, it could be through whom or what you despise, but don't forget God does not have a method. Always be ready to entertain people with good and pure heart. Gen. 19:1-3.
ANGELS AND THE OLD TESTAMENT SAINTS
- Angels give divine instructions following God's orders. Gen. 16:3-9
- God uses angels some times to confirm his promises. Gen. 16:10-11
- Daniel saw deliverance through an angel of God. Dan. 6:8-24
ANGELS IN THE MINISTRY OF JESUS CHRIST
- God sent an angel to minister to Jesus Christ at the end of his fasting. Matt. 4:1-11.
- An angel of the Lord came and removed the stone at the grave of Jesus Christ. Matt. 28:2-7
ANGELS AND THE APOSTLES OF JESUS CHRIST
- An angel delivered the apostles from the prison. Acts 5:17-29
- The presence of angels attracts God's power to bring safety in times of trouble. Peter was set free with great earthquake as the angel came into the prison to set him free. Acts 12:5-17
- Angels show God's power as they come to our aid, protects us, and also provides in times of need. Paul was delivered from the shipwreck. Acts 27:13-26.
- An angel of the Lord spoke to Philip and gave him direction for an evangelistic outreach program. Acts 8:26-40
- An angel of the Lord killed a very proud Herod, who killed Apostle James and was ready to kill Apostle Peter. Acts 12:18-24.
Always recognize that angels are around you for protection. They can as well prevent the people who want to destroy your destiny. Angels are very strong, they are spirits and can go beyond human reasoning. Use your angels, push them into action!