Building A Standard Christian Home - Part 2
Text: Gen 18:17-19, Joshua 24:14-15, Eph 6:1-5
Memory Verse: "Gen 18:19 For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the Lord, to do justice and judgement; that the Lord may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him."
Joshua charged the Israelites to serve the Lord in sincerity and truth, but that they are free to serve any of the gods they choose, but himself and family, they will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:14-15. What you do with your life is determined by your value on the word of God. God values those who have respect for his word. Joshua 1:8
DOES THE WORLD COPY THE CHURCH OR THE CHURCH THE WORLD
- Looking at the world of today, men walk in the flesh and evil desires of their heart more than being governed by the word of God. They see the word of God so strict and strong for today's living, but the truth is if anyone despises the word of God, he has laid a foundation for destruction. Papa James will always say, "When you reject godly instruction, you will receive deadly destruction". Prov. 1:7, Prov 23:23-26, Mk 7:21-23
- God has a standard of living. It is only through the word of God you can raise a boy to a future husband and father and the same with girls raised to a future wife and mother. Parents invest who they are into their children. Careless parents raise careless children, serious parents raise serious children. The foundation of the marriage determines the quality and how far the home will go. God says, I know that Abraham will command his children and household. How do you raise your family. Prov 4:20-27, Prov 16:23-25, Eph 6:1-9, Prov 17:21
WHAT DO YOU CALL THESE GARMENTS; SEXY GARMENTS?
- Today you hear about SEXY-WEARS, even among the Christians. What a dirty language for a christian to pronounce. Wears that use to be for harlots or prostitutes are today's fashion for everyone even the believers. Pastors' wives wear it today so that other ladies will not seduce their husbands, then those men are not born again talk less of being a servant of God. Prov 5:15-23
- Worldliness and seductive way of doing things has so much entered the church that you cannot understand if those coming into the church even hear the word of God at all. The belly, waist, breasts, underwear are all OUT for the world to see. What a dirty sight in the midst of Christian fold. Sons and daughters of hell sitting in a holy place deceiving others ready for heaven. Tight inner-wears thar should be inside are used as normal wears. Tight trousers designing out all the private parts of men and women are modern wears. No more respect for what God has kept secret, what a shame. Many pastors encourage this to gather members for hell-fire. Where is our Christian values of yesterday? Prov 7:9-27; 1 Thess 5:21-23, Col 3:1-8
WHAT RULES YOUR HOME, WORLDLINESS OR GODLINESS
- When a boy visits your daughter or a young girl visits your son regularly and the parents feel unconcerned, they are careless parents leading their children to destruction. The authority of the parents must be felt in the house, or else that home will soon crash into ashes. Any family that must succeed must begin early to receive godly instructions for direction. Good living, leadership and mentorship instructions begin at home. 1 Cor 15:33, 2 Cor 6:14-18, Gen 34:1-31
- If a man instructs his wife to dress the way they call sexy today by bringing out her breasts, waist, wear mini-skirt and tight trousers for people to see her shape and that is what he likes, such man has eyes full of adultery. There are parts of our body that are meant for PRIVACY and not for the PUBLIC. Both men and women should dress very well. But, if dressing well is what they call SEXY-WEARS, and the church copies it, then that denomination, pastor, man or woman is CRAZY and out of ORDER. We must bring back holiness to the church. God clothed Adam and Eve when He saw them naked, why should we be naked coming to the house of God? Gen 3:9-14; 21
- If a lady attract a husband through SEXY-WEARS and not through good character, one day her bad character will appear and the marriage will end. The same thing with men. If the foundation of the marriage is not God, love and good character the end of that marriage will be disastrous. Gal 6:7-8, 1 Peter 1:14-16
In a home where servants do everything and the children do nothing, that home is raising future useless husbands and wives through those children. You may not see it that way today, but when those children will grow not knowing how to do things at home nor knowing what to teach their own children, they will become problematic husband or wife, is that what you want for our future generation. Prov 23:13-17, Prov 1:7