Building A Standard Christian Home - Part 3
TEXT: Genesis 2:18-25; Psalm 127:1-5; Ephesians 5:21-23; Proverbs 18:22
Memory Verse: "Prov 24:3-4 Through WISDOM is an house builded; and by UNDERSTANDING it is established: And by KNOWLEDGE shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches"
Marriage is like a building, it requires wisdom and knowledge of God to build it. It is an ordinance from heaven, it requires the help of Him that started it first. Except the Lord builds your marriage, you will be laboring in vain. Ps 127:1. It requires love, understanding and proper connection to the Spirit of God to get all you need in your home. Prov 24:3-7
CHOOSING THE RIGHT PARTNER FOR LIVING
- No one is an angel, but someone can become an angel of any home by the making of a good man or woman. No one has all the good qualities it takes to make a good marriage, but every good quality needed can be cultivated. Don't choose anyone because of riches, education, social status but by the love of God, though certain criteria must be put into consideration especially good character and foundation. Genesis 2:18, 21-25, Prov.18:22
- The success of your marriage is in your hands. Every good marriage is built by someone who desires it. Everyone must have a vision to build a partner of his or her choice. So you don't get tired until your desire and choice are found in your home. If you have such a vision of good home, then it requires hard work, love and tolerance to get it done. Isaiah 62:1-7
BUILDING ACCORDING TO VISION
- Do you have a vision for a good home? If yes, then write, expand and explain that vision to yourself and build it to succeed. Hab. 2:2-3. It takes a renewed mind to have an excellent home that is not conformed to the world. A home where God reigns supreme. Rom. 12:1-2, Psa 128:1-6, Psa 1:1-3.
- Marriage is not bondage, slavery or captivity, it is God's mini paradise on earth. It's not a place for brawling, barking, nagging or gossiping your partner . 2 Cor. 6:11-18, Prov. 21:9,19; 15:1
- Learn to protect the image of your partner to avoid destruction. Do not make your home a grave yard where many people are killed through gossip or hatred. Don't spend time speaking evil of others in your home. Let the presence of God always surround your home. Never hand over your partner to satan by an evil character. Prov. 26:20-28, Prov. 24: 3-6
BUILD YOUR MARRIAGE ON A SOLID FOUNDATION
- The only power that can crush your marriage is the one you devote to Satan to work. Fighting is one of the most destructive things that kills marriage. 1 Pet. 3:8-11
- The greatest character to maintain the quality of your marriage both in the presence and the absence of your partner is integrity and love. Phil. 2:12
- When problems are properly handled in marriage, the bitterness in them disappears without delay. The heart must be a home of love not a place of bitterness. When problems are given room in marriage your home becomes a dangerous place.Isa. 43:18-19, Prov. 18:6-8. The devil can never force you when you say no to his offer in your home. 1 Peter 5:8-9
- When marriage is wrongly handled, it becomes bitter rather than sweet. When you see sometimes unnecessary adultery it is because true love and value has disappeared from that marriage. When love is given freedom to reign in any home, nothing stands to oppose and win. Every battle receive a glorious victory to the shame of the devil and evil opposers. Mal. 2:14-16, 1 Cor. 13:4-7
- The success of your home is a choice, it does not fall like ripe fruits from heaven. When you have a wrong picture of your partner in your mind, you cannot be happy in that home again until you change that image. Such bad pictures of your partner in your mind will always make good intentions to be misinterpreted. You can't have peace in your life if you take away your partner's peace. Prov 5:15-23
Love is the medicine that heals the most grievous wounds in marriage. There is great danger dwelling in the past shocks of problems in your marriage, they will stop you from cultivating a fresh love. Make Jesus the director of your home. Learn to say I am sorry darling at all times. It is not costly to say. It heals a lot of wounds. Your marriage can change, divorce is not a solution. Mark 10:2-12.