Building A Standard Christian Home - Part 4
TEXT: John 3:16; 1 John 4:7-12, 1 Peter 3:1-11; Colossians 3:12-21
Memory Verse: "1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear: because fear has torment. He that fears is not made perfect in love."
Love is the most important factor that holds marriage when it seems everything is gone. When anyone has experienced the love of God, such one exhibits that love practically to his or her neighbor. If so be that God commands us to love our neighbor, how much more a partner for life, who is called husband or wife. When we understand love, practice love and live in love then our marriage and environment will produce the atmosphere of godliness and where Christ dwells. 1 John 4:16-21.
UNDERSTANDING POWER OF LOVE IN MARRIAGE - LOVE AND LUST, WHAT THEY DO
- We are in the world of error. The mind and attitude of many are plunged into error. The devil has darkened the mind of many to believe that love is all about sex. 1 John 2:15-17.
- There is a difference between LUST AND LOVE. Lust is an evil desire toward your neighbor, opposite sex or opponent, while love is a godly desire towards your neighbor, opposite sex or anyone. LUST is a desire to receive in an evil way while love is a desire to give at all cost. John 3:16; 1 John 4:20-21.
WHAT LOVES DOES
- Love gives out without condition. 1 John 4:7-10
- Love seeks to please God and do his will. 1 John 4:16
- Love thinks only good and how to do it. John 3:16
- Love seeks the good of the other. 1 John 4:11-13
- Love promotes holiness at all cost. Rom 5:8
WHAT LUST DOES
- Lust seeks to receive in a wrong way. Proverbs 6:13
- Lust thinks evil and how to fulfill it.
- Lust thinks no good for the neighbor.
- Lust promotes impurity at all cost. Proverbs 6:25-26
- Lust seeks to please self at all cost.
LOVE AMONG THE SINGLES
- The desire of God in the relationship among singles is purity. Matthew 5:8. Any girl that gives out herself for sex without marriage is foolish. Prov 7:6-12. Ignorance of God's word has made many boys and girls today to exchange sex without knowing the danger and destruction in it. Prov 6:32-33.
- Sex is not love but rather a consumption of marriage between husband and wife, not between a boy and a girl. 1 Cor 7:3-5.
- Many singles have destroyed their lives today because of pornographic films and books, some go to the Internet to watch public show instead of a thing done in the secret. This has made it to be animal way of behavior. 1 Thesso 5:22.
LOVE IN THE FAMILY
- Love is the greatest thing that works in family. Today marriage has a bad image in society. Today is the wedding -Tomorrow in the divorce. People believe that divorce is a way of life or solution. In our universities we are taught that "We are free to enter into marriage and we are free to divorce at will" this is erroneous and a bad foundation for marriage. Mark 10:2-12.
- When a person already thinks of the freedom to leave his or her marriage at will before entering into marriage, such one behaves the way he or she wants. Malachi 2:14-17
LOVE A TRUE FOUNDATION FOR MARRIAGE
- Marriage was made on the foundation of love and if love is removed from it; then it is not of God. Many say that they love God yet they quarrel everyday with their spouse. When you lack love you lack the life of marriage. 1 John 4:18-20.
- I wonder how husband and wife could sleep together, have sex together, live together, yet hate one another. 1 Corinthians 13:4-7.
- When I hear that a couple fights, I ask if they are really sincere to themselves? Do they really love themselves? Do they have a future to defend? Then where are they going from here? What is their plan for their children?
- Love is the glue that binds husband and wife together. The wife must submit in love, children must obey their parents in love and fathers must love their families doing all to please them. JESUS is our example of love. He died to save the world. Col 3:17-25.
Your family is open to satanic attack when love is missing. It is difficult to talk about marriage without love. When God saw the emptiness in man, He filled it with love. Let your family be filled with THE LOVE OF CHRIST. 1 John 4:20