Building A Standard Christian Home - Part 5
TEXT: Genesis 2:18-25; 1 Peter 3:1-11
Memory Verse: "Col 3:18 Wives, SUBMIT yourselves to your OWN husbands, AS IT IS FIT in the Lord."
Marriage is a divine institution ordained by God but contracted by men and women to enjoy on earth. It is the desire of God that one woman will be joined to one man for a blissful home. Everyone needs a unique person as a wife to produce a unique home on earth. God never intended that the woman should be a problem to the man but rather that through the woman many blessings would come into the home. Prov. 19:14
HELPING THE MAN TO SUCCEED
- The man is the head of his home, he occupies the places of authority, instruction, guidance and leadership. Eph. 5:23
- The woman is the heart of the home, she occupies the place of counsel, advice, influence and comfort. 2 Kings 4:8-11.
- It is required of every good wife to help the husband to succeed on earth, not like Jezebel who advised the husband to kill Naboth and took his land. Prov. 31:10-12, 15:22-23. God has made it that every man must have a good helper. Gen. 2:18
- Every man needs a good and wise companion with him. Ecc. 4:9-10. Every man needs an understanding wife who can meet his desires. Prov. 19:14
- Every man needs a God fearing and praying woman. Ecc. 4:16-17
- Every man needs a Unique woman as a wife. God did not intend that the woman should be a problem to the man but a blessing. Prov. 19:14
THE BASIC THINGS A MAN NEEDS FROM HIS WIFE - Eph. 5:22
- Submission simply means the woman operating in her God's ordained place in the home. For a wife to dishonor the husband in godly matters simply means fighting God's ordained order and authority in the home. Prov. 15:32-33.
- No man with the fear of God can tell his wife to consult a witch doctor for anything at all and no good husband will want his wife to do things that will destroy her life. 1 John 5:18-21
- Reverence and honor from a wife is the right of a husband from a wife, and anything less than that is not the will of God. Titus 2:3-5
CARE - Prov. 31: 14-15
- Every husband needs good food from the wife, and this also has to do with good service. You don't treat your husband nor his food like the dog's. Every husband needs a special care and treatment from the wife.
- Every husband needs a good economist in the home, not an extravagant wife. Not a careless woman who does not care about what happens in the home.
- Every man no matter how dirty he is loves a clean woman. Your way of dressing must be attractive and always clean e.g. Avoid bad or offensive odor, dirty and bushy armpits, smelling mouth, dirty or scattered hair and fingernails or dirty underwears etc.
- Your bed room, parlor, kitchen must always be clean. 1 Cor. 14:40
WISDOM OF SPEECH
- Choosing the right words in approach, conversation. Knowing what to say and how to say it. Don't bring complaints to your husband immediately when he comes back from work. Prov 15:23
- Don't bring complaints when he is eating. Ecc. 3:1 Do not nag, harass, or abuse your husband. Don't expect your husband to react to your complaints immediately because he is not in your command. Prov 14:1; Prov 15:1
GOOD SEX - Gen. 2:25; 1 Cor. 7:3-5
- Never manipulate your husband through sex. Prov. 5:18-19
- Never refuse your husband sex because you requested something and did not get it. He needs more than your best food. 1 Cor. 7:4-5
- Never use sex as a means of vengeance against your husband. Never use sex for an exchange of gift e.g. "Except you give me this or that, I will not allow you to have me."
- Give your husband a satisfactory and quality sex. You can use an extraordinary and well organized sex to keep your husband warm and close to your life constantly. Song of Sol. 4:9-11
- Prepare your mind, body and bed waiting to give your husband a wonderful surprising sex. Prov. 7:16-18
- Sex is not only to have children, you can enjoy sex with your husband. Song of Sol. 8:6-7
- Women who wear 3 underwears at a time and tight knickers preventing their husband from touching them are simply giving an occasion to the devil to rule and have the home completely. 1 Cor 7:5
Love has never failed at any time, but everyone that is loved have a responsibility to pay back. The wife must learn how to submit completely to her husband according to the scriptures. If Christ so loved the church and died for her, so aught men to sacrifice for their wives, but the woman must submit and know her limits. Eph 5:21-33.