Building A Standard Christian Home - Part 6
TEXT: Genesis 2:18-25; 1 Peter 3:1-11.
Memory Verse: "Col 3:19 Husbands, LOVE your wives, and be not BITTER against them."
Marriage is a divine institution ordained by God but contracted by men and women to enjoy on earth. It is the desire of God that one woman will be joined to one man for a blissful home. Every woman needs a unique person as a husband to produce a unique home on earth. God never intended that the man should dominate the woman, but rather that through them both that many blessings would come into the home. Prov. 24:3-7.
HELPING THE WOMAN TO SUCCEED
- The woman is the heart of the home, she occupies the place of counsel, advice, influence and comfort. 2 Kings 4:8-11
- It is required of every good husband to help his wife to succeed in her home, it is a responsibility until success is achieved. Prov. 31:23-31
- Every woman needs a good and wise husband to become what God has destined her to be. Ecc. 4:9-10.
- Marriage is half healthy if every other thing is okay and the family struggles in poverty. Therefore POVERTY SHOULD NOT REIGN NOR HAVE DOMINION over any family, God forbid. Eccl. 9:10
THE BASIC THINGS A WOMAN NEEDS FROM HER HUSBAND - Eph. 5:22
- No husband should tell his wife to consult a witch doctor for anything at all nor tell his wife to do things that will destroy her life. 1 John 5:18-21
- Husbands must honor their wives sincerely from their heart. Col 3:19, 1 Cor 13
- Husbands must provide all the necessary needs for their wives, even though the wife will never fold her hands and leave the husband do, everything. 1 Tim 5:8
- God said it is not good for a man to be alone, so the woman brings an end to the loneliness of the man. So women are called SOLUTION not devil as many would call them. Prov 18:22
LOVE AND CARE - Prov. 31: 14-15
- Love is not only an expression words, though it is very important to keep reminding your wife "I LOVE YOU". Love is costly, IT IS PRACTICAL. It has a price one pays for it. If a man loves his wife, he will never allow her to wear rags or be tattered. Love invests just as God loved the church and invested his only son to save us. John 3:16
- Women are fragile, so they need to be handled with care. Most breakable things are written "FRAGILE - HANDLE WITH CARE" so God has made it that women should be handled by their husbands in a careful way to avoid discouragement and breakdown. Col 3:19
- Men don't need to treat their wives like dogs. Every husband need to know that women are important and needed special treatment. It is clear, husbands be not BITTER against their wives.
- You can agree with me that IT IS NOT BECAUSE A MAN HAS PENIS that makes him a husband. He may be a man, but not qualified for marriage because of the level of dirtiness some carry on their body, dresses and underwears.
- Every woman need a clean husband and environment, so husbands should help their wives in making things clean. It is not only the duty of the woman to see that things are clean. Bishop James is a practical example example of this. He helps the wife in many areas.
- Husbands dresses must be attractive and always clean. e.g. Avoid bad or offensive odor, dirty and bushy armpits, smelling mouth, dirty or scattered hair, fingernails etc.
WISDOM OF SPEECH
- Choosing the right words in approach, conversation. Knowing what to say and how to say it. Let your speech be with grace, seasoned with salt. Col 4:6
- Husbands should not give destructive criticism to their wives, nor allow their family relations to do such. Prov 15:1
- Some husbands are so proud that they will nag, harass, or abuse their wives in the public and in the secret. Prov 16:16-25
GOOD AND QUALITY SEX - Gen. 2:25; 1 Cor. 7:3-5
- Never manipulate your wife through sex. Prov. 5:18-19
- Never refuse your wife sex because of the primitive idea that men must be the one to demand for sex. 1 Cor. 7:4-5
- Never use sex as a means of vengeance against your wife.
- Sex is not only to have children, you can enjoy sex with your wife. Song of Sol. 8:6-7
It is very easy to point an accusing finger on another person, but the truth is when you look at yourself, telling yourself the truth do you think you are free from the error you accuse another. Husbands should not destroy their wives because they think they can easily divorce them and drive them away. You must ask yourself this question, if this is my sister will I treat her that same way.