Building God's House With Your Best Treasure - Part 3
TEXT: 2 Chro. 2:1-18, Luke 12:16-21.
MEMORY VERSE: 2 Chro. 2:5-6 – “And the house which I build is great: for great is our God above all gods. But who is able to build him an house, seeing the heaven and heaven of heavens cannot contain him? Who am I then, that I should build him a house, save only to burn sacrifice before him.”
To know that you can be rich on earth yet very poor in heaven. To also understand that God is jealous when we are selfish yet he is the One blessing us. Finally to know that life is short and we don't know when we will leave this world.
If men can build TOWERS for themselves, build several houses in diverse nations and call it estates, establish great companies and govern it as the General Manager; why do we find it difficult when it is time to build the houses of God? Luke 14:28-30. We are talking of using our best treasure in building for God. Not just what you can and still leave the best for yourself, but like this woman who gave her best treasure and her all. She used the final coins and final bullet against poverty, hence Jesus recognized her as the best giver of the day. Mark 12:42-44.
GIVING GOD YOUR BEST FOR HIS BEST IN YOUR LIFE
- Barnabas who was called the son of consolation sold his land and gave the money for the work of the kingdom. He was not a fool, but rather wise. His action gave him an eternal name that is written in the scriptures. When will you move the heart of God through sacrifice? When will your action touch heaven? God is waiting for you. Acts 4:32-37.
- When you see people who are selfish, they always prove it by their attitude. You can lie to the pastor, you can also lie to the church, but you cannot lie to the Holy Spirit. Ananias and Sapphira tried to lie to Peter and never knew it would be the end of their life. Don't get into danger because of the material things of this world. Acts 5:1-11.
- When what you do for the kingdom does not cost you; then be afraid of your future. You may have everything in this world and look rich in the eyes of people in the church, but before God, you are useless. Many who try to minimize God because of their wealth or riches die shamefully and disgracefully. Luke 12:16-21.
- What you have, that you refuse to use for the kingdom building is not comparable to eternal life. I have discovered that many who profess to be Christians will miss eternity because of their material things that has become their god. Don't play with God when it comes to things that will exalt his name. You may miss eternal life because of the same blessings God gave to you. Mark 10:17-31.
WHERE ARE YOUR TREASURES? YOU CANNOT SERVE GOD AND MAMMON
- We have heard that treasures laid upon the earth will perish. The world is not a continuous kingdom. It is limited, it is short. Therefore, our treasures must be where our hearts should be on daily basis; like this present project of the cathedral is the right place for your best treasures. But you must know that you cannot serve God and Mammon at the same. God created the heavens and the earth, but Mammon (Money) is the god of this world. That is why people do all kinds of things to make money; even Christians have joined the same wrong doing, despising God and forgetting that God is supreme before anything. Matt. 6:19-24, 1 Tim. 6:7-10.
- God is so interested in our heavenly treasures because he knows that this world is not an abiding place. This earth with its treasures will be wiped out and if anyone does not have treasures in heaven, such a person will suffer loss. You cannot say I have given enough to this our cathedral, no matter what you have given, it is just the beginning until the building is over. If you have a sick wife, child or husband, wouldn't keep giving until the person is healed? If your child is in school and about to be thrown out, wouldn't you pay their school fees? If there is a health emergency in your family requiring your all, wouldn't you give your all? That is the same with God and his work. He gave you life and all you have! Why do you get angry when it comes to giving to God? God deserves your best treasures! Luke 12:33-34, Mark 8:34-38.
EIGHT STRONG REASONS FOR SACRIFICIAL GIVING DURING CHURCH BUILDING PROJECT
- You can be rich on earth and yet very poor in the sight of God because you refused to invest sacrificially in the kingdom of God. Luke 12:16-21, Luke 12:33-34.
- Your kind of heart determines your giving when building for God. 1 Chro. 21: 22-26.
- If your giving doesn't give you tears during a Church building project, God will never tear your heaven to rain abundant blessings that will give you great joy. Psalms 126:5-6
- Sacrificial offering during Church building project releases God’s great promises to be accomplished in your life and family. Gen. 8:18-21, Job 36:10-12
- Sacrificial giving during church building project will take you from one realm to another realm of God’s blessings Gen. 22:1-18
- Giving Sacrificially during church building will change your entire destiny and generation Ezra 5:16-17, Ezra 6:1
- Your sacrificial seed during building project will secure you a place in the kingdom Matt. 6:19-21
- If you join the church sacrificially to build for God, you will never fall when the demonic rain, wind and flood comes to shake your life, family and business. Matt. 7:24-27
QUESTIONS ON SACRIFICE
- What is your major motivation when giving sacrificially for church building?
- Give seven major names that gave sacrificially during church building?
- Show two scriptures where people built the house of God.
- Does God sometimes require specific things to build His house?
- How do we know that God has accepted our sacrifice?
- What are some of the things we can give during church building?
- Do you think there is a record in heaven concerning all our giving?
- When you vow and delay to pay, do you think it advances the work or delays it?