Building God's House With Your Best Treasure - Part 5
TEXT: Exodus 35:4-29, Mark 12:41-44
MEMORY VERSE: "Exodus 35:29 The children of Israel brought a WILLING OFFERING unto the LORD, every man and woman, whose heart made them willing to bring for all manner of work, which the LORD had commanded to be made by the hand of Moses ".
To know that when God who created the heavens and the earth, begin to demand that we should build a tabernacle for him, it is a serious matter. He can speak and a building come to pass. But it will be to our own shame, because he wants us to be involved in what he is doing as his children. Finally to know as he spoke to moses in the time of old, that means he still speaks today, that is why we are building the cathedral in Bonaberi today, and we will still build greater and mightier ones if Christ tarries to come.
One of the greatest thing any one can think about it to raise a temple of worship for God or to be involved when such call is demanded by the servant of God. God is not lacking anything, but when we put ourselves in such position as if He is begging from us, then we are the most people miserable. When God says build, we must be ready to obey and do exactly what he demanded. Rev. 3:14-22.
WILLINGNESS TO BUILD THE HOUSE OF GOD
- God has always desired among his children those who willingly want to serve him. He does not like grudging people, those who think that he is forcing them to give to his work the same thing he gave them by his own power. You will see in "2 Cor. 9:7 Every man according as he has purposeth IN HIS HEART, so let him give, not GRUDGINGLY, or of necessity: FOR GOD LOVES A CHEERFUL GIVER. When giving to God's work becomes a problem to you, watch your heart and your mind. Ex. 35:4-10.
- So many people have recently thought, if we have been pushing this cathedral the way we are doing this time, we would have finished it. Yet the little vows we made in different branches, many have not finished paying, and some branches did not even meet up with the levy. Imagine the bishop forcing you to give as some other churches do, some of us will quickly leave the church. 2 Cor. 9:6 says, " But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly, and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully". Watch your heart and see where you belong. Prov. 11:24-25.
- We are building, what you are giving and the way you are giving, can it really push the work as God is desiring? It is difficult for those that TRUST IN RICHES, to enter into the kingdom of God. Don't be like this man who missed eternal life becuase of his wealth. We could not do the Easter program just to cut expenditure and we postponed our Afric-Missions conference because of this building yet we are still not meeting up. Think and see that your heart is not overtaken by materialism. Mark 10:21-25.
OUR TREASURES BELONG TO GOD, SO WE MUST USE THEM FOR HIM
- Presently the work is slowed down because we are not meeting up with money to buy necessary things. Don't ever say, I have given enough, let others give before I can give again. How many times do we demand blessings from God, and yet we are not tired in asking? Don't close your heart and see the work of God suffering, yet you can do something as God knows your ability. Haggai 1:7-11.
- This is the list of what we need right now to finish the decking of this section before we continue raising the blocks front and back. Even one man can give us this money and finish this section. (1). Gravel 110.000 CFA, (2). Sand 85.000 CFA (3). 35 pieces 2x4 wood 42.000 CFA (4). 20 Planks 74.000 CFA (5). Indian Bamboo 60.000 CFA (6). Still Rod 100 pieces, (Rod 6) 135.000 CFA (7). 40 pieces (Rod 10) 140.000 CFA (8). 40 pieces of (Rod 8) 120.000 CFA (9). Cement 50 bags 250.000 CFA (10.) 10 pieces Binding Wire 20.000 CFA (11). 10 pieces of (Rod 12) 58.000 CFA (13) Nails 20.000 CFA Hand work or labour 500.000 the total is ==== 1,614.000 (One million six hundred and fourteen francs). If all the branches redeem their vows and add a little bit more as discussed in our pastoral council, we will not stress the church or anyone.
- Like the mighty men of David, God has raised The anointed youth of Dominion Faith as never before to do exploits. They give their money, and they also work with their strength every Sunday filling the church with sand, it has not been easy, but they are MAKING IMPACT at the cathedral site. You simply need to see it to appreciate them to the glory of God. Some youth who refuse to work, are making fools of themselves in the sight of God. 2 Sam. 23:8-23.
- Some women have dedicated themselves in cooking for the youth as they work every Sunday. We need such Shunamite women, Lydias', Joanne, Suzzane and Mary Magdalene to help us encourage the youth. Luke 8:1-3.
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO MAKE GOD HAPPY
- In every work, there are motivators and there are distracters. Motivators help the work go forward and distracters use their mouth and attitude to spoil the heart of people. Some people have distinguished themselves beyond the vow to make the work advance more as you see. There are some hypocrites secretly, they speak a different thing publicly, and behind they say other things to weaken the hearts of people. Nevertheless, everyone receive their pay according to their work whether it is done openly or secretly. Eccl. 12:13-14.
- Have you ever borrowed money for your personal problem? Why can't you borrow for the work of God? Have you ever sold your property for the work of God? Why can't you do the same like Barnabas? Acts 4:32-37. Listen to this, "Ex. 35:21 And they came, both men and women, as many as were Willing hearted, and brought BRACELETS, EARRINGS, AND RINGS, AND TABLETS, ALL JEWELS OF GOLD: and every man that offered, offered an OFFERING OF GOLD UNTO THE LORD"
It is not how much you have that matters to God, but how much faithful and committed you are to God and his work. This widow refuse to be pitied, she gave while all the rich people were giving also. Mark 12:41-44, So, this is an opportunity to INSCRIBE YOU NAME IN THE GOLDEN BOOK OF HEAVENLY ACHIEVERS. Ex. 35:24-27.