Building God's Kingdom Sacrificially - Part 2
Text: Zech. 4:5-14, Matt. 6:19-21, Psalms 49:6-14.
Memory Verse: Zech. 4:9 – “The hands of Zerubabel have laid the foundation of this house; his hands shall also finish it; and thou shalt know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me unto you.”
To understand that God knows everything we have though we have and don't want to give. To know that we must show love towards God while still alive because life is short. To finally understand that whatsoever we give for building the house of God through his sent servant our weapons against our enemies.
God iis doing something great in Enugu State, Nigeria. The fence of the cathedral is rising, this is a great sacrifice and opportunity for men to excel this year. Afric-Missions Conference 2020 will take place is that particular wonderful land this year.
God always sends his servants to fulfil his purpose on earth, and when he does, he sends people around his anointed servant to help him carry out and accomplish the vision.
The most important decision one can take and must make on earth is to choose where to lay his or her TREASURE especially through God’s chosen servant. Matt. 6:21. Many think that the earth will last forever; they get involved in all kinds of personal investment and projects which is not a bad idea, but they forget God in their daily plans – Psalms 49:10-12.
When passing by the cemetery, you realise that people of all class have ended their journey on earth and have been buried and while many of them are waiting for the resurrection of the righteous in glory others are waiting for the resurrection in shame and disgrace. It is the greatest lesson every man must learn, therefore we must work for God by building his house while it is day. ThankJohn 9:4-5.
NO ONE CAN DECEIVE GOD WHEN BUILDING FOR HIM
- Sometimes we think that God doesn’t know A LOT OF THINGS about us including the secret things, but that is a foolish. God knows the numbers of your hairs, bones, arteries, even the quantity of your blood and everything in you. Psalms 139:1-18.
- Since God knows all these things about you, don’t you think He knows how much you have in your bank account? The lands and houses you have? And all the other properties you own? Yet you act as if God is blind when you want to give for the work of God. As we look into 2020 to receive the blessings of UNLIMITED GRACE we must release our life and resources to God's glory. He fights our battles without looking back. 2 Thess. 3:3,16.
- Sometimes when we give; we give in grudge, and other times we give as if we are giving to a dog hence not sacrificially. We always think about ourselves and deprive ourselves of God in our minds. Our bishop is in Nigeria fighting for the KINGDOM, we should stand behind to encourage him. Eccl. 12:13-14
ENEMIES OF THE KINGDOM WHO FIGHTS THE WORK OF GOD
- Anytime the house of God is to be built, the children of God don’t have to fold their hands and think the devil and his servants will be sleeping. There are always enemies, who want to stop the plans of God, but he does not only go outside to bring people to fight against the house of God, he also uses the very close associates and church members to also fight both in words and attitudes. Neh. 6:1-3.
- When Nehemiah was building like our bishop is doing now, he was attacked by some agents of darkness known as Sanballat and Tobiah and many other enemies. They told Nehemiah Neh. 6:2 – “Come, let us meet together in one of the villages in the plain of Ono. But they thought to do me mischief.” They tried several times but Nehemiah did not adhere to their demand. Listen, as the projects of 2020 is going on, if you are not careful, you may be used by the devil to fight against the work of God. Don't ever give in to the devil! Neh. 6:4-9, Eph. 4:27.
- Look at the action of someone who was supposed to be an encouragement but ended as a disappointment. He wanted Nehemiah to believe God had spoken through him; to run and stop the building. Neh. 6:10 – “He said, Let us meet together in the house of God, within the temple, and let us shut the doors of the temple: for they will come to slay thee; yea, in the night will they come to slay thee.” Look at the response of Nehemiah “Should such a man as I flee? And who is there, that, being as I am, would go into the temple to save his life? I WILL NOT GO IN!!!” – Neh. 6:11-15.
- Even The Nobles of Judah which means praise were among them that wanted to distract the attention of Nehemiah from the work. They aligned with Tobiah the enemy of God's people to stop the work. They communicated through letters trying to say Tobiah was a good man, just to use them to stop the work. Sometimes some very close associates like pastors, elders, deacons, deaconesses or workers could be used by the devil. Imagine Tobiah and his son was married among the tribe of Judah. This is what we call “ENEMIES IN THE CAMP.” Are you one of the enemies fighting God's PROJECTS? Neh. 6:16-19.
REASONS WHY WE MUST BUILD FOR GOD
- God is the owner of everything we have. So when dealing with him during giving or any kingdom project, his people must respect him. Psalms 24:1. You must show God your love while you are alive. Life is short and we must understand that it is God who has the final word over our life. Don’t behave as if you have authority both over your life and properties. You may have rule over your property but not over your life. Luke 12:16-21.
- God deserves the best place to worship Him. If your giving does not cost you anything, then it is worth nothing before God. Don't forget; it is not your giving but the worth of what you have given before God. Mark 12:41-44 1 Chro. 21:24. God instructs us to build for Him and even gives a specific model. When God gives instructions, we have to follow it exactly to the letter. 2 Chro. 3:3-17
- Whatever you give to build God’s house will bring greatness in your life. God does not take from us to make us poor, he takes from us to multiply and make us greater than before. Prov. 11:24-25, Luke 6:38. Solomon gave to dedicate God’s House; you too must give to build. Before you talk of dedication, you must finish the building. So Dominion Faith, 2020 will much blessings we rise and build for God. We must rejoice the heart of God. 1 Kings 8:63-64
- We need to build to receive God’s mercy in times of trouble. A high military officer built a synagogue for Israel, so we need to be challenged and do better today. If God comes down to see what we are doing, will he be happy with us? Luke 7:2-5. We must build so we don't spend our lifetime worshipping God in a rented houses. Many of our branches have been in rented places for years, yet we do great things on our own while the house of God is disgraced. Haggai chapter 1:1-15.
- Many who have built for God are not more special than us. Never think you need a big business before you support the work of God. No matter how small your business is, you can do exploits and heaven is open unto you. Neh. 6:1-15. To Build a house for God that He accepts is a privilege to the builder. For God to accept your offering or vow is a privilege because many give and their offerings are rejected like Cain. Gen. 4:1-7, 1 Chro. 28:2-6
- Building the house of God is an act of worship. If your giving is not an act of worship, you have wasted your time and money giving. When you give, it must be in joy and reverence of God. Acts 4:36-37. Building the house of God is one of best ways to show our love to Him. If you really say you love God, you have to prove it by your actions during building for God. Luke 7:2-5
It is always good to give much when it is time to build for God. It is either you give to glorify God or you don't give at all because God does not bless people who give with grudge. 2 Cor. 9:6-7, 1 Chro.17:12. There is an eternal blessing attached in building the house of God. If your giving attracts the attention of God, then there is a blessing attached to it. Mark 12:41-44