Building God's Kingdom With My Best Treasures - Part 2
TEXT: Zech. 4:5-14, Matt. 6:19-21, Psalms 49:6-14.
Memory Verse: Zech. 4:9 – “The hands of Zerubabel have laid the foundation of this house; his hands shall also finish it; and thou shalt know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me unto you.”
To understand that God knows everything we have, though we hide them and refuse to give. To know that we must show love towards God while still alive because life is short. To also know that there will be many regrets one day if we refuse to obey God completely. Finally to understand that whatsoever we give for building the house of God through his sent servant is a weapon against the enemy for our future blessings.
Why should men perish because of their material things on earth? Why are people always waiting for evil days or serious dangers to spend their money in haste? Sometimes, if it is not family dangers, it is health hazard or social dangers, then you see men run to and fro obeying by force. Many will not even pay their tithes, this tithe is holy unto God. It is God's portion in all your income. It is not sacrifice for any church expenditure, it is to care for God's ministers but today the reverse is the case.
God always sends his servants to fulfil his purpose on earth, he also sends faithful people around them to carry out the vision by supporting it and to accomplish it. The devil also sends his agents either to frustrate the work or to stop it if the vision bearer is not strong enough. The most important decision people must always make on earth is to choose where to lay their TREASURE either to serve God, their flesh or the devil. Matt. 6:21. Many think that the earth will last forever; they get involved in all kinds of investment and projects which are not a bad, but they forget God in their daily plans. That is why they always give God crumbs and keep the best for themselves. When God's servants use God's tithe to solve other church needs it is not for the blessing of the church. Psalms 49:10-12.
NO ONE CAN DECEIVE GOD
- Most Christians today are so wicked and selfish in such a way that they are ready to die hiding their treasures, instead of giving for kingdom purposes. They are always ready to solve their personal problems, but when it comes to the things of God they complain as if they are the poorest in life. Oh! Lord Deliver this generation from greed, selfishness and covetousness. Acts 13:36, John 9:4-5, Prov. 11:24-25.
- When passing by the cemetery, you realise that people of all classes have ended their journey on earth and have been buried, some while waiting for the resurrection of the righteous, others are waiting for the resurrection of shame and disgrace. It is the greatest lesson every man must learn, therefore we must work for God by building his house while it is day. Heb. 9:27, Rev.20:11-15.
- Sometimes we think that God doesn’t know A LOT OF THINGS about us including our secret lives, but that is foolishness. God knows the numbers of our hairs, bones, arteries, even the quantity of your blood and everything in us. Psalms 139:1-18.
- Since God knows all these things about us, don’t we think He knows how much we have in our bank accounts and the way we use our money? Even other properties we have? Yet we act as if God is blind when we want to give for the work of God. Sometimes when we give; we give in grudge, anger, and other times we give as if we are giving to a dog. We always think about ourselves and deprive ourselves of God in our minds. The pastor may be blind or may not talk, but God sees and cares; and when He acts, it is either for blessings or for curses. Which one do you want? Eccl. 12:13-14
- Our bishop is going round the branches pleading for support to do the necessary for the cathedral, yet so many of us have decided to put on deaf ears. He even says, give as if you are giving for his rescue from death or for hospital bills, yet the demon of mammon has blinded the hearts of many. If we refuse to act properly towards God which our bishop represents in the time of need, don't forget we will soon find ourselves in a tight corner that requires God's intervention and we may cry without answer. Why must the bishop spend every little thing that comes into his hands to solve church needs and still preach. Ps. 91:15, Ps. 90:13-17, Luke 7:1-9.
ENEMIES OF THE KINGDOM
- Anytime the house of God is being built, the children of God don’t have to fold their hands. There are always demons, that want to stop the plans of God, but they do not only go outside the church to bring people to fight, they also uses the very close leaders and church members to fight also. Some people secretly use their mouth against God and his servants. They will say to others, "This church is talking too much about money" what a dangerous act of wickedness. Neh. 6:1-3.
- When Nehemiah was building, he was attacked by some agents of darkness known as Sanballat and Tobiah and many other enemies. Today we have the same people in our church. If you are not careful, you may be used by the devil to fight against the work of God and finally die miserably and go to hell. Neh. 6:4-9, Eph. 4:27.
- When the servant of God begin go through painful times in the hands of church members because they refuse to support the kingdom, it is dangerous. When we aught to be teachers, we still have need to be taught daily little things about the kingdom principles because we are dull in understanding spiritual things. Heb. 5:8-14.
REASONS WHY WE MUST BUILD THE HOUSE OF GOD
- God is the owner of everything we have. So when dealing with him during giving or any kingdom project, his people must respect him. Psalms 24:1. We must show God our love while we are alive. Life is short and we must understand that it is God who has the final word over our life. Don’t behave as if you have authority both over your life and your SPIRIT. You may have rule over your property but not over your LIFE and SPIRIT. Luke 12:16-21.
- God deserves the best place to worship Him. If your giving does not cost you anything, then it is worth nothing before God. Don't ever forget that your tithe is not your kingdom sacrifice. Mark 12:41-44, 1 Chro. 21:24. When God give instructions, we have to obey exactly. 2 Chro. 3:3-17
- Whatever you give to build God’s house will bring greatness in your life. God does not take from us to make us poor, he takes from us to multiply and make us greater than before. Prov. 11:24-25, Luke 6:38.
- Many of us have finished our houses, but this cathedral started before we started our personal houses and yet it is still laying uncompleted waiting for us. If Christ comes now physically to see what we are doing, will he be happy with many of us? Luke 7:2-5. Haggai 1:1-15.
- Never think you need a big business before you support the work of God. No matter how small your business is, you can do exploits and heaven will be opened to you. Neh. 6:1-15. For God to accept your offering or vow is a privilege because many give and their offerings are rejected like Cain. Gen. 4:1-7
- If your giving is not an act of worship, you have wasted your time and money giving. When you give, it must be in joy and reverence of God. Acts 4:36-37. If we really say we love God, we have to prove it by our actions. Luke 7:2-5
- There is an eternal blessing attached in building the house of God. If your giving attracts the attention of God, then there is a blessing attached to it. Mark 12:41-44
CLASS QUESTIONS ON KINGDOM SACRIFICE
- Do you think anyone is too poor to support God's work Mark 12:41-44.
- What is one of the best ways to show God your love during building? Prov. 11:24-26
- What is the best for me, to give to God for blessings or to give to troubles, Pharmacies and Doctors. Mal. 1:6-8
- Some people don't want to give, should I keep giving even when they are not showing any effort? Luke 6:38
- I have so many problems and projects, should I still give when I have not yet finished solving them? Matt. 6:33