Building God's Kingdom With My Best Treasures - Part 3
TEXT: James 5:1-6, Rev. 3:13-22, 2 Peter 3:1-18
MEMORY VERSE: Heb. 6:10“ For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which you have showed toward His name, in that you have ministered to the saints, and to minister.”
To know that you can be rich on earth yet very poor in heaven thereby bringing disaster upon your life. To also understand that God is jealous when we are selfish, because he is the One blessing us. To know that all we have in this world will one day be burnt to ashes except our investments in the kingdom. Finally to know that life is short and we don't know when we will leave this world.
If men can build TOWERS for themselves, build several houses in diverse nations and call them estates, establish great companies and govern it as the General Managers; why do we find it difficult when it is time to build the houses of God? Luke 14:28-30.This is the god of this world fighting. 2 Cor. 4:1-4. We are talking of using our best treasure in building for God. Not just what you can and still leave the best for yourself, but like this woman who gave her best treasure and her all. She used the final coins and final bullet against poverty, hence Jesus recognized her as the best giver of the day. Mark 12:42-44. Many in communist world and non Christians nation, tears the bible verses and swallows them by wrapping them with plastic, they will excrete them, wash them to read. Some will bring food and hide passages of the bible under the food, they worship God underground, yet we who are free with the bible are careless and refuse to use what we have to serve God. Anyway the truth is that we are pilling those riches and wealth for antichrist and for the day of God's anger and destruction.
WHAT IS YOUR VALUE FOR GOD'S KINGDOM
- Sometimes some of us will be asking, what kind of church is this that is always hard on people never to live the way they want? What kind of servant of God is this that is always hard on holiness teaching? It is because our life on earth is just one and the way we finish it determine the way we begin it in heaven. There is another life after this life on earth which is our time of reward. Once we miss heaven, the next is hell fire. Rev. 20:11-15.
- You may have everything in this world and look rich in the eyes of people in the church, but before God, you are useless and miserable. Many who try to minimize God because of their wealth or riches die shamefully and disgracefully. What if God decide to treat you in heaven according to your giving on earth? Ofcourse you know He will because that is God's standard! When what you give to the kingdom does not cost you anything; then be afraid of your future. 1 Cor. 3:13-15.
- We have read that it is against God's word to owe workers, even our church rents in different parishes that is accumulating could be a blockade to us. The contractor of the cathedral vowed never to continue work if we do not pay him what we are owing this weekend. What good will it be to Dominion Faith members if this work stop. James 5:1-6.
- The bishop has announced our need and many people are giving deaf ears to it. He has borrowed much to continue the work till now. He said "We need at least five million to complete all the deckings and block works. Even if we cannot get five million now, the work dont need to stop at all. If five people can give one million CFA each, or ten people give five hundred thousands CFA each, or twenty people give two hundred and fifty thousands cfa each, or if fifty people can give one hundred thousand CFA each, some can give 50.000 CFA each, each at the lowest we need 20.000, 10.000 and 5.000 and all the block works and decking will finish very soon. If this work stops, the God of heaven will react negatively, yes He will, let us not tempt the Lord. 1 Tim. 6:7-17, Haggai 1:2-15.
- When you see people who are selfish, they always prove it by their attitude in giving. They can lie to the pastor, quarrel with him, they can also lie to the church, sometimes threatening to leave, but they cannot lie to the Holy Spirit. Imagine the cold attitude of many of us since we started the plans to deck the gallery of the cathedral, but God is still God. Ananias and Sapphira tried to lie to Peter and never knew it would be the end of their lives. Don't get into danger because of the material things of this world. All these things will be burnt one day. Acts 5:1-11.
- What you have, that you refuse to use for the kingdom building is not comparable to eternal life that Jesus died for. We have discovered that many who profess to be Christians will miss heaven because of their material things that has become their god. They joke with God when it comes to things that will exalt His name. Divine principles should not be joked with. You may miss eternal life because of the same blessings God has given to you. Mark 10:17-31.
- Barnabas who was called the son of consolation sold his land and gave the money for the work of the kingdom. He was not a fool, today you read about him. His action gave him an eternal name that is written in the scriptures. When will you move the heart of God through sacrifice? When will your action touch heaven? God is waiting for you. Acts 4:32-37.
WHERE ARE YOUR TREASURES?
- We have heard that treasures laid upon the earth will perish. The world is not a continuous kingdom, it is limited, it is short. Therefore, our treasures must be where our hearts should be on daily basis; like this present project of the cathedral is the right place for your best treasures. But you must know that you cannot serve God and Mammon at the same. God created the heavens and the earth, but Mammon (Money) is the god of this world. That is why people do all kinds of things to make money; even Christians have joined the same wrong doing, despising God and forgetting that God is supreme before anything. Matt. 6:19-24, 1 Tim. 6:7-10.
- God is so interested in our heavenly treasures because he knows that this world is not an abiding place. This earth with its treasures will be wiped out and if anyone does not have treasures in heaven, such a person will suffer loss. You cannot say I have given enough to this our cathedral, no matter what you have given, it is just the beginning until the building is over. Matt. 6:24-33.
- If you have a sick wife, husband, child, mother, father wouldn't you keep giving until the person is healed? If your child is in school and about to be thrown out, wouldn't you pay their school fees? If there is a health emergency in your family requiring your all, wouldn't you give your all? That is the same with God and his work. He gives you life daily and all you have! Why do you get angry when it comes to giving to God? God deserves your best treasures and not one time! Luke 12:33-34, Mark 8:34-38.
OUR PRESENT NEED TO DECK THE ONGOING GALLERY
- 2 lorry load of gravel 110.000 frs each
- 100 bags of cement 5.000 frs each that is 500.000 frs
- 1 lorry load sand for deckings blocks 80.000 frs
- Iron - (a) rob 6 ----50 pcs, 1500 frs each (b) rod 10---- 25 pcs 4.000 frs each, (c) rod 12 ------ 10 pcs, 6.000 frs each
- Filling sand 17.000 each boat as many as we can.
- Payment of the contractor and labourers 450.000 frs
- Building Materials owed already 256.000 frs
If this work stops, what would you gain from it, especially now it is in the critical stage.
- What is your major motivation as we are building this cathedral? 1 Cor. 15:57-58
- Do you think the bishop is deceiving us and using this money for himself? 2 Cor. 6:3-10
- Do you think that the bishop is also giving towards this cathedral work or he is just talking doing nothing. Phil.4:12-13, 1 Cor. 9:13-18
- Is it the best for God to send strangers to build this cathedral and forget about us? Neh.4:21-23
- What of our physical labour does God also see and count it for us? Neh. 4:14-18.
- Do you think there is a record in heaven concerning all our labour and giving on earth? Heb. 6:10, Phil. 4:17.