Characteristics of Proud People - Part 2
TEXT: Ezekiel 28:11-19
MEMORY VERSE: "Ezekiel 28:17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee."
We must first understand that proud people are liars just as the devil is a liar and the father of all liars. To know that proud people like to maintain their false position so as not to lose their respect. To also understand that proud people do not want anyone to know that anyone is higher than them. Finally to know that pride is a killer of destiny and can turn great future to NOTHING.
Pride is one of the worst spirit that can destroy a man. Pride turns a man to a monster, it makes one behave in such a way that people will no more recognize the true identity of the people. When a man has the spirit of pride, he want to rule over all, his words must be accepted or nothing will be done. If such is found in any place of leadership, he wants to influence all to his own way, and when he discovers he is not being followed he causes confusion. He always want to have his way, he want to be praised, recognized and to be king over all like Leviathan. Job 41:34. Refuse the spirit of pride and you will succeed. James 4:6, Prov. 3:32-35.
THE LEVIATHAN TYPIFIED AS A DEMON OF PRIDE
The Leviathan is a principality, one of the rulers of hell, who rules over the children of pride. Eph. 2:2. A person controlled or influenced by the spirit of pride or the leviathan demonstrates 3 clear characteristics:
C). HARDNESS OF HEART.
The leviathan is represented by a serpent, a crocodile a sea monster or dragon.
Isaiah 27:1 declares "In that day, the Lord with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish Leviathan the piercing serpent, even Leviathan that crooked serpent, and he shall slay the dragon that is in the sea. READ THESE SCRIPTURES!
- Psalm 74:14 declares "Thou brakest the head of Leviathan in pieces, and gavest him to be meat to the people inhabiting the wilderness.
- Job 41:1-2 says "Canst thou draw Leviathan with an hook? Or his tongue with a cord which thou latest down? Canst thou put an hook into his nose? Or bore his jaw through with a thorn?
CHARACTERISTICS of LEVIATHAN
Here the scripture told us the characteristics of the Leviathan as follows:
Leviathan is a). Powerful Job 41:1-2, b). Proud. Job 41:3, c). Sarcastic d). False kingship Job 41:34. Read all the chapter Job 41:1-34 you will see all the characteristics of Leviathan. Let's study a bit about this dirty beast that the spirit works in people, though it is still the spirit of the devil.
STUBBORNNESS and A HEART OF STONE
- Stubborn or Proud people refuse to make peace, they see sins as mistake, add more to making mistakes and never ask for forgiveness. It is pride. When such is found in marriage, they prefer their Ego than for the marriage to maintain peace. As church members they want to be in charge. Prov. 11:20-23.
- Stubborn and proud people find it hard to learn because it’s hard to admit that someone is better or more knowledgeable, once they come to a conclusion about a subject, to convince them is almost impossible. That is why some church members refuse to change their ways. They are church leaders but they live as they want. They prefer their church title than obeying the word of God. 2 kings 14:8-14.
- Stubborn or proud people refuse to change their life style. They are arrogant and stubborn, and hence are never successful in marriage, or as church workers and leaders, they blame their spouses or followers for everything and refuse to change. Those following leaders must acknowledge God as the ultimate, and also respect those placed as leaders ahead of them, if not they will always think and behave proudly. James 4:1-6.
- Stubborn or proud people hate correction because of their arrogance, they will rather worship where their achievements can be recognised and where they can be celebrated in their pride than living in humility. If you try to talk to them, they threaten to leave the church. 3 John 1:9-12.
- Stubborn or proud people go from church to church until they find a church where they can be in charge and control or influence the leadership or decisions because they are not ready to follow anyone. 1 John 2:18-21.
- The worst sin in one's life or in the life of a leader or ruler is pride. If someone is self conceited or self-important, something always happen to make the person look foolish. Nebuchadnezzar became stupid! A BEAST UNTIL HE CHANGED! DONT BECOME A BEAST ONE DAY BECAUSE OF YOUR PRIDE! Daniel 4:28-37.
OTHER SPIRITS THAT WORK PROUD PEOPLE
Anger, Arrogance, Contention, Disobedience, Independence, Lying, Witchcraft, Perfectionism, Rebellion, Vanity, Divination, Corruption, Worldliness, Fighting, Destructive Criticism, Deceit, etc. Rom. 1:18-32, Gal. 5:16-2