Characteristics of Proud People - Part 3
TEXT: Eccl. 1:1-18
MEMORY VERSE: "Eccl. 1:2 Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity".
To understand that every kingdom, business and family is established by God. To know that men are placed into positions of honour by God, and not by their power and personal ego. To know that every position is to glorify God and not for our personal pride. Finally to know that when we despise God, he turns us to whatsoever he wills to our own shame if we refuse to honour him.
As soon as a plane lands at the airport, there is another plane taking off from that airport, and others lined up to take off too. They all leave to different destinations and even back to the airport you departed. This is the way life is; When you think you have "ARRIVED" you find others are taking off. Some to where you are coming from and others to other activities. You may have been a house wife for lack of a job, as soon as you get your dream job, you find someone resigning to become a house wife or for greener pastures. You may be basking in all the wealth but have serious deficiencies in health or childlessness. So don't be proud of anything for all is vanities. Eccl. 2:1-11.
ALL IN LIFE IS VANITY - YOU CAN'T HAVE IT ALL
- "Eccl. 1:2 Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity". There are people crying day and night for lack of children and yet others are crying day and night BECAUSE of their children. I have met people depressed for not being married and have met others depressed for being married. Use all you have for God and you will not regret it. Eccl. 1:1-8
- There are people who are sick and tired for lack of a job while others are sick and tired OF their jobs. There are parents very worried on how their kids will perform in exams while others are worried on how to take those who have performed well to good schools. Don't think any one has it enough. There is always a need somewhere, "This is life". Please advice yourself to serve God, this is the greatest thing you can do on earth. Eccl.1:9-11
- We will never have it all and its like chasing the wind. Instead of always being in a marathon trying to get it all, its important to take frequent pauses and reflect. Learn to be content in every situation. Enjoy what you have and where you are. Make yourself available to God and he will turn your life around. Eccl. 1:12-15
- Generate a thanksgiving heart and trust God to move you from one level to another. Don't be proud of anything in life, for where you are today, someone has been there and left it for you second hand. Support the work of the kingdom, that is the greatest wisdom on earth. Eccl. 1:16-18
ARROGANT AND STUBBORN PEOPLE HAVE TERRIBLE ANGER AND SUBTLETY
- Job 41:31 "He makes the deep boil like a pot, he makes the sea like a pot of ointment". Proud people are always insensitive to the needs of others. No matter how you are feeling before them, they don't care! That is why, even if the church leader is crying over some church problems, several in the church out of pride will be insensitive and remain quiet. Oh! Holy Spirit change these hearts of STONE TO THE HEART OF FLESH IN JESUS MIGHTY NAME! Prov. 6:27-29.
- They have the ability to rebel against authority, whether at home, work or even at church. They express rebellion where ever they are, they create confusion becuase they want to rule and be in control. Think about your attitude, are you submissive or rebellious? You have heard about late coming to church, but you still come late and want to know what the pastor will do. You are simply very proud, but you need to change. Prov. 25:24, Prov. 6:12-19.
- They get closer to the authority in subtlety, sow evil and destructive seeds and finally get away in arrogance and leave evil deeds behind. Prov. 17:11-15.
- Proud people see everyone as under them and see themselves as better than all. If it is not them, nothing is well done. Their suggestion is the best. They turn privileges into rights becuase they want to rule and be in charge. They always want to be king over all. Make them church leaders or workers, they want to rule their pastor, rule the congregation and also even influence the whole leadership of the ministry if possible. For them money is everything! Job 41:34, Matt.26:7-9
Why can't you ever say I am sorry even if you think you are right. Listen! Who you think you are can destroy you. Don't think you are more important than anyone. Church members and workers, respect your pastor, respect your direct leaders and listen to instructions of leadership and you will live and prosper.