Christ's Resurrection, The Authority of Believers - Part 1
TEXT: 1 Cor 16:12-58, 1 Cor. 3:9-15
Memory Verse: 1 Cor.16:14 And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.”
To know that Christ's resurrection is not just for ordinary celebration. To know that we should manifest the true meaning of why Christ died and rose from the dead. To understand that God is watching over our labour and that the rewards will follow in the resurrection. Finally to understand that without sacrifice in building our coming kingdom, the celebration of Easter is meaningless.
Easter is a major celebration of the Christians, even though some Christians misunderstand it today and misbehave. The resurrection of Christ has been turned into mere celebration a time we cook and enjoy the biggest cows, chickens, fishes and buy new dresses and we forget the kingdom sacrifice. Matt. 6:33. The worst thing that happens today is that many of us believers who claim to be born again, having the Spirit of God, speaking in other tongues live and walk abnormally on earth because of our bad relationship with Christ. Imagine a Christian who do not evangelise and yet ask God everyday for blessings, or Christians who do not pay their tithe correctly deceiving themselves, or even some who count what they have done one way or the other, thereby refusing to engage in other labour of the kingdom. Such people do not manifest the glory of Christ. Inasmuch as you are still in this world, you must keep adding to your treasures in heaven if you are sure you have some. Matt. 6:29-21. If we believe that Christ rose from the dead and today he is seating at the right hand of God, then we who believe in Christ will also arise to enter into our rest one day. We are not talking of WHERE you will spend eternity, but what we are saying is HOW will you spend eternity. You will spend eternity with Christ as a child of God, but how? What are you doing daily for this? Don't spend all eternity in heaven regretting in pain why you could not do what you supposed to do while you were on earth. Now that you still have the opportunity to change your record, do it without delay. Happy Easter!
THE DISGRACEFUL BELIEVERS
- There are so many unuseful believers in the church today, they pretend to know Christ but in their secret life, you will discover they are nothing but hypocrites. Some of them are not ready to even use their money for themselves and their family so that the church will not think they have money and ask them to do one thing or the other. What a shame for we believers of today to live miserably while unbelievers live as if they are the owners of this world.
- Many people think they will live on earth forever while achieving nothing for Christ. Christ died and rose from the dead and gave a command that we should go in his name and preach the gospel around the world; but many of us rather concentrate on personal glory which will soon disappear instead of manifesting Christ’s glory through our good works]. Matt. 28:16-20, Luke 12:13-21.
- Many of us have been believers for years, but many have nothing tangible they are doing in the kingdom to show or manifest the glory of Christ. For example; many have not sacrificed into the construction of our Cathedral that has been going on for many years now. They only give crumbs which even comes with lots of delay when they vow; hereby delaying the work. If this were a personal building may be it would have been finished. As we celebrate Easter, let us remember that Christ is watching our attitude towards him and the gospel on earth. He sacrificed his life, for your salvation, what can you sacrifice now for him. Mark.8:31-38, John 15:13-14, 1 Tim. 6:7-10.
- Christians both dead and alive will have a changed body from mortality to immortality, from a vile body to a glorious body. This glorious change is what everyone is waiting for, and when it happens, you will never come back to add or remove anything from what you have done on earth. So do not be deceived by anyone. It is a direct investment to the course of Christ on earth waiting for our rewards on the resurrection day. 1 Thess. 4:13-18.
- Our bishop always say; if you see him labouring and giving all into the work of the ministry, it is because one day there will be resurrection and everyone will be rewarded according to his work. He also reminds us, “Never to forget that we have only one life on earth and that life must be lived well to the glory of God.” You may not understand this statement today, but HOW YOU SPEND ETERNITY MATTERS A LOT. It is like the final of a football competition in which you were expecting a GOLD MEDAL, so you can retire happily but ending up not getting it or like a boxing competition in which you get knocked out without winning your BELT. In this case, you can't change it because the opportunity is gone and you end up spending your life in regret. 1 Cor. 3:9-15
NOTHING COMPARES THE DEATH AND RESURRECTION OF CHRIST
- There is nothing you can give in the kingdom project that can equate the death of Christ for your salvation. Without Christ you are nothing. John 15:5.
- You may be rich in this world, but that ends on earth; it is only what you achieved for God that abides forever. Do you mean that Christ died on the Cross and suffered for you, but you complain on what you offer to Christ who saved you with his blood? Can you sacrifice your life for the God's Kingdom? But Christ did it for you. Beloved it is time to manifest the glory of his resurrection.
- Don't wait to be pushed or forced to do the work of God. If Christ commended widows for supporting God's work, no one is exempted. Everyone must be committed. Mark 12:41-44, Acts 4: 32-37, Acts 20:35.
IF YOU MISS YOUR HEAVENLY REWARDS YOU MISSED ALL
- We may achieve great things on earth for our life and family but if we miss to achieve great things for God, we may miss the resurrection of the righteous and the REWARD of the believers. If we miss our rewards, we will be the most miserable people even if we enter heaven. 1 Cor. 3:9-19.
- The celebration of Easter can only be real when you are 100% with your church achieving God's vision of “SOUL WINNIG”. God calls and anoints people like our spiritual father to IMPACT a generation and you are one of the VISION BUILDERS. Don't miss your opportunity in today's kingdom building. Luke 8:1-3
- Lets celebrate Easter showing why Christ came. Sharing the gospel and supporting mankind. Celebrate Easter with your family. Celebrate it also with your pastor if you think he is worthy of your gifts and care. Matt. Gal 6:6-10, 1 Tim 5:17-18
- This year is moving speedily and there are many things we need to achieve in our cathedral, yet some people are keeping quiet. We need at least five million to complete all the block works. If five people can give one million CFA each, or ten people give five hundred thousands CFA each, or twenty people give two hundred and fifty thousands cfa each, or if fifty people can give one hundred thousand CFA each, all the block works and decking will finish very soon. We need at least five million CFA now and Dominion Faith have people than can do this. We reject the type of cathedral that stays upto 20 or 30 years before it is finished. 1 Tim. 6:7-17, Acts 4:32-37.
Nothing is as important as listening to and obeying the word of God. Can you say today, “Christ I want to sacrifice something that will surprise people to your glory because you first loved me and sacrificed your life for me?” John 15:13; 1 John 4:7-21. If you miss the resurrection of just, you will be the most person miserably. We must go and give account of our labour on earth. 1 Cor. 15:50-58. Happy Easter! Happy Resurrection Day! Good Appetite.