Christ's Resurrection, The Authority of Believers - Part 3
TEXT: 1 Cor. 15:1-58, 1 Cor. 9:24-27, Col. 3:1-10
Memory Verse: 1 Cor. 15:58 – “Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye steadfast, unmovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord”
To understand that our salvation is not a vain thing; that Christ conquered both Satan and demons. To know that our labour on earth has nothings to do of the things of this world, but with the things of heaven. To also know that our labour is not in vain, there is a day of reward as we leave this world to eternity. Finally to fight and make sure that we don't miss our eternal home.
Sometimes believers behave as if this world is their abiding place; they forget that life is short and eternity is sure and infinite. Luke 10:17-20. Satan’s power cannot stop us if we are FOCUSED in achieving Christ's mission on earth. There may be challenges; there may be obstacles, but they cannot have victory over us because of what Christ has done for us. 1 John 4:4, 1 John 5:4; 18; Matt 28:18, Rev 1:18, Heb 2:14-15.
ALL POWER IS GIVEN TO ME IN HEAVEN AND IN EARTH
- Satan has no more power, except the one you give to him by IGNORANCE to reign over your life. When you are truly committed to kingdom business, you don't think about the devil. Eccl. 9:10
- What you think, what you say and what you do determines the activities of Satan around you. When you are occupied in your mind with God's vision for your life, Satan becomes meaningless to you. Prov. 22:29, 1 John 4:4
- What image do you carry about Satan, so powerful? Do you see yourself so fearful and so small? That is the problem; you must change that MINDSET from today; recognize the POWER OF RESURRECTION and you will have victory always all around you. It is better to know more about God and his power, than to be highly intelligent in the affairs of Satan. Matt. 28:18-20, Mark 16:17-20.
- God is Omnipresent, Omnipotent, Omniscient, that means He is Omni Everywhere, Omni Power, Omni Knowing but Satan is not that way; he only walks up and down like a defeated enemy. You should be OMNI-FAITH and once you get to this point, everything about the devil will begin to disappear completely. Rev. 1:8, Rev. 22:13
- When you are so conscious of the fake power and devastation of Satan; you will see and feel him everywhere, but when you know and recognize what Christ did for us, and how God raised him from the dead, you will not only feel his power, you will manifest his power and glory wherever you go. Phil 2:9-11, Heb 2:5-10
- When Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead, he demonstrated power over sickness and death.
- He proved to the world that life is in his hands.
- He proved that nothing can stop a man that trust in God.
- He proved that our hope in Him is not in vain.
NO SATANIC POWER CAN WITHSTAND THE POWER OF CHRIST
- Many of us have succeeded to hand over our faith to the devil as we daily believe that the problem we are facing is caused by witches and wizards. Many others accuse their ancient foundation, relations or parents; this may be true but we don't have to remain there and complain because the solution is found in Christ.
- Recently some children of a certain woman naked her, beat her almost to death because a prophet told them their mother is a witch and has stopped their prosperity. Don't you see the devil deceiving them? Nothing can stop a man God has not stopped. God has the FINAL WORD, but you have to BELIEVE and ACT on what He has said. Matt 21:18-22, Matt. 7:24-27, Mark 11:22-24.
- There are so many “ENEMIES OF PROGRESS” that do not want people to succeed in life, but if you allow them they will surely stop you and destroy your destiny.
- Never allow your mind to be possessed by fear to the point that you make meanings out of nothing; Building Mountains Out Of Mount hills. When cockroaches, ants, frogs, millipedes, birds, flies become demons or objects of fear, your faith in Christ is no more strong and secured. Col 2:15, Matt 28: 18, Mark 10:46-52.
EMPTY YOURSELF ON EARTH BEFORE LEAVING
- While Christ was on earth, he sent his disciples to exercise authority over the devil. He gave them power to heal the sick and cast out devil. Today we have seen it in the ministry of our spiritual father Bishop James and this power is not only for him, you too can exercise the same power. Matt. 10:1, Luke 10:17-20; Mark 6:7,12-13.
- Apostle Paul demonstrated the power of Christ against Elymas the Sorcerer when he came to distract a High Ranking officer from the faith that was been presented to him.
- We are not different from the apostles of Christ; we can equally demonstrate this same power of Christ. Never make Satan, his angels or demons look more superior to the power of the resurrected Christ. Acts 9:1-25, Acts 9:32-42
The earth is full of challenges, but you must take your stand and overcome every plan of the enemy. Your faith has no meaning until it is challenged and comes out victorious. You cannot live by the testimonies of others; you need to experience God by yourself. Mark 5:22-43.