Christ's Resurrection, the Hope of Believers - Part 1
TEXT: Matt. 28:1-20
Memory Verse: "Mark 16:6 And he said unto them, Be not affrighted: Ye seek Jesus of Nazareth, which was crucified: he is risen, he is not here: behold the place where they laid him."
Easter is the greatest celebration of the Christians because it strengthens their faith because of the resurrection of Christ from the dead. The resurrection and the empty tomb of Christ is what differentiates him from other false religious leaders of the world who did not rise from their tomb, because Christ himself is the resurrection and the life. John 11:23-26. We therefore celebrate Easter to show the world that our Christ died and came back to life. Rev 1:18. Our bishop will always say, if you see him labour and suffer in the ministry, it is because one day there will be resurrection and everyone will be rewarded according to his work. He also reminds us, "Never to forget that we have only one life on earth and we must live it well to the glory of God." 1 Cor 3:9-15
WHY DO WE CELEBRATE EASTER?
- When Christians celebrate Easter Service they worship Christ, remembering and rehearsing the meaning of the resurrection. Nothing is more important to Christians than that their leader came back and that one day they will experience the same. 1 Cor 15:12-19.
- We celebrate Easter as the symbolic day of Christ's resurrection, which is written in the New Testament. Mary Magdalene came to the tomb where Jesus was buried and found it empty. An angel told her that Jesus had risen. Some sources claim the word Easter is derived from Eostre, a "Teutonic goddess" of spring and fertility. The most important thing is not the name, but WHO and WHAT do we celebrate? Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory who died and came back to life. John 20:1-29
- Today, Christians worship Christ, that’s what is important. Unless we are to conclude that celebrating Christ’s resurrection is in itself a detestable thing. Knowing this, we understand that Christians who keep Easter are not involved in pagan worship as so many critics believe. They honor Christ as Lord and Savior. 1 Cor 15:35-58
- Christians both dead and alive will have a changed body from mortality to immortality, from a vile body to a glorious body. So do not be deceived by anyone, when we invest in Kingdom project like Missions For Africa 2017-2020, it is a direct investment to the course of Christ on earth. This belief is enough evidence that our labour on earth is not in vain. 1 Thess 4:13-18.
NOTHING EQUATES THE DEATH AND RESURRECTION OF CHRIST
- There is nothing you can do today in any kingdom project or Missions that can equate that God who made heaven and earth put on flesh, born by ordinary woman, suffered on earth, died and buried and finally resurrected. Can you sacrifice for the Kingdom. John 1:1-14; Col. 1:12-22
- Don't wait to be pushed for the work of God. Always Meet the man of God sow seed for the work of God, it will rejoice his heart to pray for you always that you are bearing the cross of Christ with him. If widows were commended for supporting the work of Christ, no one is exempted. Acts 4: 32-37, Mark 12:41-44, .Acts 20:35
- We may achieve great things on earth but if we miss the resurrection of the righteous and the REWARDS of the believers, we have missed it all and we will be the most people miserable. So BE A PART of "Missions For Africa PROJECT. IT IS THE ONLY MEANS FOR HEAVENLY REWARD. 1 Cor 15:13-20
- The celebration of Easter can only be real when you are 100% beside your leader achieving God's vision of "SOUL WINNIG". No leader is CALLED for himself, no leader is ANOINTED for himself, God calls and anoints people like our spiritual father to IMPACT a generation and you are one of the VISION BUILDERS. Ex. 17:8-16, Luke 6:38
- Let's celebrate easter showing why Christ came. Sharing the gospel and supporting mankind. Celebrate easter with your family and friends. Celebrate it also with your pastor if you think he is worthy of your gifts and care. Happy Easter! Happy Resurrection Day! Good Appetite. But remember you have a pastor. Matt. 28:18-20, Gal 6:6-10, 1 Tim 5:18, 1 Cor 9:7-14
Nothing is very important like listening and obeying the word of God. Can you say today, "Christ I want to sacrifice something that will surprise people to your glory because you first loved me and sacrificed your life for me." John 15:13; 1 John 4:7-21