Christ's Resurrection, the Hope of Believers - Part 2
TEXT: 1 Cor 15:12-58
Memory Verse: "1 Cor 15:14 And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain."
The boldness of every believer is that Christ was raised from the dead. The resurrection conquered both death and the power of the grave. Nothing could raise Christ from the dead except the power of God. Rom 8:11. If Christ never resurrected from the dead, our faith and gospel will be as dead and vain as that of other dead religions of the world. Rejoice your captain and leader Jesus Christ conquered both sin, death and the grave and came out victoriously and triumphantly. Today we believe we will all rise with him as we believe, follow and obey his instructions. Amen. John 11:23-26.
THE RESURRECTION CONQUERED BOTH DEATH AND THE GRAVE
- The resurrection of Lazarus from the dead through Jesus Christ after four days in the grave is our physical example that a man who is dead and buried can come back to life even if such is rotten and smells. John 11:32-45. May everything dead in your life, family and business come alive from today in Jesus name. It is time to take away the stone of doubt and unbelief in you and to receive the greatest miracle of your life today. John 11:39-40
- We worship Christ today not only because of the declaration of the bible, but because we see our lives changed from worst to best, and we are sure that Christ lives in us and we experience the glory of his resurrection in every aspect of our lives. If you don't experience his glory, you need to go closer than before to receive this blessing. 1 Cor 15:35-58
- Christ conquered both the power of death and the grave when he declared that "All power is given to him". Matt. 28:18. " He also declared in Rev.1:18 "I am He that LIVES, and was DEAD; and, behold, I am ALIVE for EVERMORE, Amen; and have the KEYS of hell and of death." When you hear Jesus declare "I am the RESURRECTION and LIFE, he speaks with all authority invested upon him by his Father. John 11:23-26, Heb. 2:14-18.
JESUS DIED AS A LAMB, BUT RESURRECTED AS A LION - DEMONSTRATE THIS POWER
- The lamb has no power, but the lion has power. When Jesus declares "All power is given to me in Matt 28:18" he came up as the Lion of the Tribe of Judah from the grave". The power of Christ in you can devour every challenge of life if you act on it. So the Jesus you receive is not the lamb that died, but the lion that resurrected and lives forever. YOU CAN MAKE THINGS HAPPEN, GOD CAN USE YOU. Isaiah 41:10-16, Acts 13:5-12.
- What we celebrate today as we preach the gospel is the power of the resurrected Jesus. He told us go in his name fearlessly preaching the gospel. This is what Missions Africa means. When the disciples of Christ were sure that He resurrected, they preached with power as he commanded. What are we doing today, we celebrate ourselves instead of Christ. Mark 16:9-20, Acts 5:17-33.
YOU ARE TOO HOT TO HANDLE - YOU ARE UNTOUCHABLE AND UNSTOPPABLE
- You must discover the strength of the Spirit you carry in you. You are carrying the Spirit of the Almighty God who created the heavens and the earth in you. When you hear Jesus say, "All power is given to me in Matt 28:18", no other power remains. This power is living inside of you. Just go and demonstrate it as you keep living a holy life. Don't forget our PROJECTS of the year, SUPPORT MISSIONS. 1 John 4:4, 1 John 5:4,18-21.
- Every Sunday we come together to celebrate Christ for what he did for us. We lost everything, but he brought all back through his death and resurrection. What can you do today to prove your love for Christ and share his pains. Think and Act. Remember "Missions For Africa". Acts 9:1-25.
Our message is not just only that Jesus lives, but rather that he resurrected from the dead and lives forever. This is what many people do not want to hear, especially many false religions. But it will cost us sacrifice to preach this gospel, to show that Christ resurrected. Some people gave money to show he did not resurrect, but we need to stop them with our substance. Matt. 28:9-15, Luke 8:1-3.