Church Membership and the Value of God's Kingdom - Part 4, Volume 4
TEXT: 2 Tim 2:20-21, 1 Cor. 3:13-15, 2 kings 4:1-2
MEMORY VERSE: Matt 26:7-8 – “There came unto him a woman having an alabaster box of VERY PRECIOUS OINTMENT, and POURED it on his head, as he sat at MEAT. But when HIS DISCIPLES saw it, they had INDIGNATION, saying, to what PURPOSE is this WASTE”
To understand that members have responsibilities toward the kingdom and their pastors. For members to realise that they can go the extra mile beyond tithes and offerings in doing the work of the kingdom. To remind members that God will not be happy seeing his servants suffer and also that every labour will be rewarded.
Once upon a time, a Christian woman after listening to our mother Mama Josephine; the wife our bishop, she sent her these words! “Ah! You are a woman of God with a good reputation, so gentle in heart, a loving and caring mother. What else can I say; in fact you have it all. The Ruth of this generation; mummy more grace to you. An able teacher of the gospel, may the world hear your voice ma. Your message is so enlightening. Thank God for giving us people like you. God bless you and your family, more grace and long life”. She did this because she had been following the teachings of Mama James over the internet. Prov. 31:10-30.
Notice this; here is another person speaking, encouraging, praising and appreciating a woman who labours on others like you. How do you grade your spiritual parents and your pastors as they labour in your life? It is not easy to be a Pastor! It is not easy to lead people! Many people complain about the little department they handle, yet accuse the pastor of doing nothing in the church! Here Paul was addressing Timothy, telling him all he had gone through, and yet God deliver him. What you hear from people are complaints, while they do nothing. It is easy to preach on an altar on which another man has laboured and raised souls; but when it is your turn to win souls and raise a church you complain against your leader for being wicked. Think about this. 2 Tim 3:10-17.
THIRTY SIGNS TO KNOW WHEN YOU ARE NO MORE A MEMBER TO YOUR PASTOR
- If your pastor can NO MORE lead, instruct or talk to you, you are no more his member. Heb. 13:17.
- If your pastor's action doesn't encourage you ANYMORE, you are no more his member. Heb. 13:7
- If your pastor can NO MORE discipline you, you are not his member. 1 Cor. 5:1-5, Heb 12:5-11
- If his words and character doesn't REFLECT in your daily action, you are no longer his member. 1 Thess. 5:12-24
- If he can't INTERFERE in your personal life, you are not his member. Prov 20:5, 18.
- If you can still CRITICIZE him secretly or publicly, you are no longer his member. Prov 20:20
- When it keeps coming to your heart to LEAVE the church for a new place, you are not his member. John 6:60-69.
- If you don't plan on how to HELP him fulfil his ministry GOALS and VISIONS, you are not his member. 2 Sam. 23:8-9
- When all he does is WRONG and you are RIGHT, you are not his member. Prov 3:6-7
- When you are willing that his FAULTS be exposed to all, you are not his member. Prov 19:26
- When you are the one taking his WEAKNESS to his enemies, you are not his member. Prov. 23:23
- When you feel he is an UNEDUCATED to pastor you, you are not his member. Heb. 13:7
- When you see him as your EQUAL, you are not his member. Heb. 13:17
- When you want him to ACCEPT your faults and wrong doings contrary to the word of God, you are not his member. 1 Cor. 4:2, Prov 27:5
- When you feel he is PARTIAL as to how he treats you and others, you are not his member. Prov 23:22-23
- If you are ALWAYS questioning his set goals and action, you are not his member. Prov 10:26
- When you FIGHT the people he nominates for specific assignments, you are not his member. Prov 25:19
- When you feel you are the BEST person for every assignment, you are not his member. Prov 3:6-7
- When you DISREGARD his family especially his wife and children, you are not his member. 1 Thess. 5:12-13
- When his sermons become BORING, you are not his member. Heb. 4:1-3
- When you keep yourself constantly OUT of his meetings without good reason and official excuse, you are no longer his member. Heb. 10:22-28
- When you COMPARE him to other ministers around, you are not his member. Rom. 12:3-8
- When you QUESTION the source of his power just to discredit him, you are not his member. Numbers 16.1-50
- When you can't SUBMIT your head for hands to be laid upon, though you know him very well, you are not his member. Hosea 12:13
- When you want him to REPORT to you as if you are God, you are not his member. Heb. 13:7, 17.
- When you can't DOWNLOAD into his life, you are not his member. Prov
- When you DON'T pray for him, you are not his member. Matt. 26:40-41
- When you are ALWAYS coming to his meetings late, even though you can stop what you are doing and come on time, you are not his member Prov 29:1
- When you can still OPENLY OPPOSE or RESIST him BEFORE everyone, you are not his member. Numbers 12:1-16
- When you STOP EVERY OPPORTUNITY for others to ASSIST him or his family members, you are no longer his member. 1 Tim. 5:17-18
Losing a member who never respected you or appreciated you is actually gain! Such members give pain and not peace, so their presence is thorn in the flesh of the Pastor. Why should a pastor regret loosing someone who makes him or her cry every day? When they go there is peace in the church. Praise the Lord. 2 Tim. 1:15, 2 Tim. 4:10-18, John 6:60-71.