Church Membership and the Value of God's Kingdom - Part 4, Volume 6
TEXT: Rom 16:17-18, Phil. 3:18-19, 2 Tim.1:15-18, 2 Tim. 4:10-18.
MEMORY VERSE: Matt 26:13 – “Verily I say unto you, Wheresoever this gospel shall be preached IN THE WHOLE WORLD, there shall also THIS, that this woman has done, be TOLD for a MEMORIAL of her.”
To understand that members have responsibilities toward the kingdom and their pastors. For members to realise that they can go the extra mile beyond tithes and offerings in doing the work of the kingdom. To remind members that God will not be happy seeing his servants suffer and also that every labour will be rewarded.
Once upon a time, a Christian woman after listening to our mother Mama Josephine; the wife our bishop, she sent her these words! “Ah! You are a woman of God with a good reputation, so gentle in heart, a loving and caring mother. What else can I say; in fact you have it all. The Ruth of this generation; mummy more grace to you. An able teacher of the gospel, may the world hear your voice ma. Your message is so enlightening. Thank God for giving us people like you. God bless you and your family, more grace and long life”. She did this because she had been following the teachings of Mama James over the internet. Prov. 31:10-30.
Notice this; here is another person speaking, encouraging, praising and appreciating a woman who labours on others like you. How do you grade your spiritual parents and your pastors as they labour in your life? It is not easy to be a Pastor! It is not easy to lead people! Many people complain about the little department they handle, yet accuse the pastor of doing nothing in the church! Here Paul was addressing Timothy, telling him all he had gone through, and yet God deliver him. What you hear from people are complaints, while they do nothing. It is easy to preach on an altar on which another man has laboured and raised souls; but when it is your turn to win souls and raise a church you complain against your leader for being wicked. Think about this. 2 Tim 3:10-17
SEVEN DANGEROUS PEOPLE OR MEMBERS IN YOUR BUSINESS, MINISTRY OR CHURCH
As a Pastor, Bishop, Apostle or Director beware and know that at one stage or the other in your business, ministry, church or organisation, you will find yourself dealing with the following groups of people. If you don't have wisdom to deal with them, you will be in great danger. John 2:24-25, John 6:61, 64, 66.
- THE THOMAS GROUP - These members, leaders, workers or staff work with you but they don't really believe in you. Though God can use you in front of them, they are not easily moved. It takes them a lot of time to believe in you. These people can delay your vision and they are also not aware they are also delaying themselves. It's a struggle and a burden to lead people who don't believe in you whether in business or in ministry. They don't want to leave you, but still they are not sure of what you are doing, and because of that people around them can begin to doubt what God is doing through you. John 11:14-16, John 14:4-5, John 20:24-29.
- THE JUDAS GROUP - These members, leaders, workers or staff work with you when you are suffering and they are enjoying, but they immediately have problems with you when God begins to bless you. They are not happy when things of great value are given to you or the business becomes so great. In short they are jealous of your success. When elevation comes they say we are poor in this business, Church or Ministry but the Pastor or Director is driving a BMW 5 series, Lexus, Prado etc. He is living in a big house, he is building but we have people that are struggling financially in this Company, Church or Ministry. They want you to drive a Toyota Tazz, such that will be repaired everyday or live in a very dirty place which will make them happy. They have serious problems if your life becomes better and better. They talk as if you don't care about the poor more or about the business or ministry. They have secret ways of making disciples and they talk as if they care much about what is going wrong, but they are looking for a way up through dubious way. Hear me please, anyone who is jealous about your prosperity in your business, company, church, ministry or department will betray and likely kill you one day. Matt. 26:6-13, Mark 14:3-11, John 12:3-8.
- THE ABSALOM, AHITHOPHEL AND ALEXANDER GROUP - These members, leaders, workers or staff, when given the opportunity to teach or lead, they begin to see themselves as the best, they believes they can teach and lead better than you. When such person leads, he leads to prove a point that he is better than you; he or she doesn't even mention you in his conversation or teachings. He works behind you to steal the hearts of people so that people will follow him. He makes people feel they are neglected in your business, company, church or ministry. He tells people he is there for them to help them anytime they need help. These ones are in competition with you; they believe they can be better Pastors, leaders or directors than you. Tomorrow trust me he will split your business, school, church or Ministry, even your workers. 2 Sam. 15:1-37, 2 Sam. 16:15-23, 2 Sam. 17:1-29, 2 Sam.18:1-18, Tim. 4:14-18.
- THE KORAH GROUP - These members, leaders, workers or staff will challenge your authority. They believe they are at the same level with everyone and they are jealous when members and workers give honour to you. They say you are honouring this man too much. They have problems when you give instructions; they are rebellious and dangerous because they see you as someone who is at the same level with them. They believe everyone is professional, spiritual, special, qualified and everyone is educated so what is so special about you. Numb 16:1-50, Lev. 10:1-7
- THE HAM GROUP - These members, leaders, workers or staff will expose your nakedness; the day you find yourself in a shameful act, they will tell everybody your weaknesses and they will be happy to expose your disaster. They quickly forget your fatherhood, mentorship and care. They can use social media like Facebook, Newspapers, Radio, Television or any means available to tell people about your down fall. Gen. 9:18-29, 2 Sam. 16:18-14
- THE GEHAZI GROUP - These members, leaders, workers or staff are with you but collect money behind your back. They take the advantage that they are close to you to collect things from members secretly. Such people even steal money from the offering box and any opportunity they have can be an advantage to collect money either from the altar, or any place they find it available. They borrow money from members and staff and they do not pay back. They go to members to ask for financial assistance and make them feel you are not taking good care of them as they serve either in the house or in the church. 2 Kings 5:14-27, Phil.3:18-19, Rom 16:18
- THE DEOTREPHES, JANNES ANDJAMBRES GROUP - These members, leaders, workers or staff are too dangerous; they are famous in the company, school, church or Ministry, so gifted and talented. They have power and influence and have a voice amongst the people. They speak malicious words behind your back. They are poisonous; they can come up with stories that can totally destroy your image. They can come up with serious lies that cause people to leave you, your business, church or Ministry. They come with stories that you are living a luxurious life, eating the church money; that you are sleeping with women and you are also using Sangomas or strange powers to grow your work or church. Their stories are very harmful and dangerous. 3 John 1:9-11, 2 Tim. 3:5-9, Rom. 16:17-18, Phil. 3:18-19, Rom 8:5-8
These groups can also be seen in Companies, NGO's, Organisations, Institutions and any other establishment or Enterprise. Therefore I pray that God will give you wisdom to deal with all these kinds of spirits because, no leader can rise to a higher level of his calling until all these spirits have been dealt with in his church or Ministry and if you deal with them in a canal way you can cause more damage to yourself and your job. Depend on the Holy Spirit, He will help you. Gal. 5:16-26.