Church Membership and the Value of God's Kingdom - Part 5, Volume 3
TEXT: John 9:4, Joshua 1:1-11, Deut. 1:3-8
MEMORY VERSE: Joshua 1:7 – “Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee: turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper withersoever thou goest”
To show that you can succeed in life if you take the right decision with a right mindset and obey the voice of the Lord completely. To understand that the wrong people coupled with fear will only lead you to failures. To know that there is no level you cannot attain if you stand strong in the face of challenges. Finally, to take new steps when necessary and shun all kinds of outside forces no matter who the person is that wants to lure you into failure.
Once upon a time, a farmer lost his watch in his barn. It was a very costly watch and after searching a long time among the hay, he gave up and enlisted the help of a group of children playing outside the barn. He promised them that the person who found it would be rewarded with a lot of great things. On hearing this, the children hurried inside the barn, went through and around the entire stack of hay but still could not find the watch. Prov. 20:5, 18. Just when the farmer was about to give up looking for his watch, yet worried, a little boy went up to him and asked to be given another chance. The farmer looked at him and thought, “Why not? After all, this kid looks sincere enough.” So the farmer sent the little boy back into the barn. After a while the little boy came out with the watch in his hand! The farmer was both happy and surprised and so he asked the boy how he succeeded where the rest failed. The boy replied, “I did nothing but sat on the ground and listened. In the silence, I heard the ticking of the watch and just looked for it in that direction.” Church members should both learn to listen and quietly follow divine instructions both from the leadership of the church and the Holy Spirit, and they will succeed in every sphere of life; than to be noisy and create unnecessary confusions that leads to fatal failures and eternal destruction. Prov 16:9, Prov 19:21
BE DECISIVE TO ACHIEVE GREAT THINGS IN LIFE AND IN THE KINGDOM
- Don't easily give up, except God wants you to stop; although He will not if He is the one that sent you on the mission. Be decisive in life like the little boy who found the costly watch and was rewarded! You cannot talk of MEGA LAUGHTER and fold your hands doing nothing. Press forward for whatever you want and you will get it. Eccl. 9:10 Mark 11:20-24.
- A Strong and right decision is one of the greatest attributes of a leader or a good church member. Decide in life to achieve something and don't give in to any distraction. Powers of darkness will come, enemies of progress will come, many other challenges will come but say no until you achieve your goal. Like in the case of the building of the cathedral, a lot of people fought against us in that land, but today we will soon worship God in that same place. Luke 19:12-27.
- Don't allow friends deceive you and stop your plans in life or work in the church; don’t allow them interfere with your long term visions. Many Christians allow outside forces like their mother, father, brothers, sisters, uncles, cousins, friends or the failures of others in the past to destroy their faith in Christ, their vision and plans for future or even their marriage. This year is not a time to complain or compromise with failures, it is time to rise up like a Mighty man or a Warrior and get what you have desired. Numb. 13:30, Numb. 14:8-9, 1 Cor. 9:24-27.
- Many people cannot make decisions and remain consistent in serving God; they allow unnecessary things rule and overtake their life. Think about this, though all the children went in to look for the watch, this particular child summoned courage with wisdom to go back and he found it. Where there is no challenge in the form of a project, courage will amount to nothing. Joshua 14:6-15.
- If you fail in Dominion Faith, you chose to fail; because the word of God in this ministry is so mighty to transform lives from nothing to greatness. Any youth that commits fornication or a married person that commits adultery after listening to our teachings in this ministry has a problem. Such people have their minds bound by satan. Prov. 6:20-35, Prov. 7:1-27.
- Listen to Jesus speaking to one of his disciples in Luke 13:24 – “Strive to enter in at the straight gate: FOR MANY, I say unto you, WILL SEEK TO ENTER IN and shall not be able.” What does this mean; “FIGHT TO ACHIEVE YOUR GOAL IN LIFE, FIGHT TO ENTER INTO HEAVEN. MANY WILL SEEK TO ENTER, YET WILL GET FAILURE, BECAUSE OF THEIR CHARACTER.” Read Luke 13:22-30. Don't be ONE OF THE FIRST which ends up as the last. Think about it. God forbid. Luke 13:30. If other churches use the same teachings and it has effect on them; then you should know better than them. From today, I see you rising to your place of dignity and honour, in the most powerful name of Jesus Christ. Acts 12:1-19, Isaiah 41:10-17, Isaiah 54:15-17.
DONT LIMIT YOUR LIFE BY THE FEELING AND FAILURE OF OTHERS
- Don't limit your life by the words and feelings of others, because they have failed. You can succeed where others failed. You can see our bishop standing strong, motivating, encouraging and calling strong and committed members to support and build our cathedral and it is moving. Neh. 4:1-23.
- Without decision and courage to do what God has called you to do, you won’t be able to meet the Nehemiahs, Esthers, Daniels and other mighty men and women in this life. Nothing is IMPOSSIBLE if God is involved in it. Luke1:37, Nehemiah 4:1-23, Esther 4:1-16, Daniel 3:1-30, 2 Sam. 23:8-23.
- Only strong leaders and strong church members chin up to realities and take important and strong decisions when it is needed in church projects and some other emergencies. Sometimes an emergency may come up to leave what is at hand to face another project in life, family or in the church. At that time you some people complain, murmur or even leave you, but when such happens; chin up and face that challenge and turn it into an accomplished miracle. Mark 10:46-52
- Failure to take decision when it is needed can lead to the destruction of all that you are building and have ever built in life. Matt. 7:24-27. Child of God; be brave and courageous in making good and strong decisions in your life, business, ministry and work. Numb. 13:26-33, Numb.14:1-9, Judges 11:1-40.
Finally surround yourself with godly people who give good counsel. Be decisive it is the greatest attribute of a leader, person or a good church member. Prov. 20:5, 18. Never allow destiny destroyers and enemies of progress to come into your life. Sometimes, they come like friends, but they are dangerous; your vision and destiny is more important than any other evil fellow that wants to pull you down. Luke 13:22-30.