Church Membership and the Value of God's Kingdom - Part 5, Volume 4
TEXT: John 9:4, Joshua 1:1-11, Deut. 1:3-8
MEMORY VERSE: Joshua 1:7 – “Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee: turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper withersoever thou goest”
To show that you can succeed in life if you take the right decision with a right mindset and obey the voice of the Lord completely. To understand that the wrong people coupled with fear will only lead you to failures. To know that there is no level you cannot attain if you stand strong in the face of challenges. Finally, to take new steps when necessary and shun all kinds of outside forces no matter who the person is that wants to lure you into failure.
Once upon a time, a farmer lost his watch in his barn. It was a very costly watch and after searching a long time among the hay, he gave up and enlisted the help of a group of children playing outside the barn. He promised them that the person who found it would be rewarded with a lot of great things. On hearing this, the children hurried inside the barn, went through and around the entire stack of hay but still could not find the watch. Prov. 20:5, 18. Just when the farmer was about to give up looking for his watch, yet worried, a little boy went up to him and asked to be given another chance. The farmer looked at him and thought, “Why not? After all, this kid looks sincere enough.” So the farmer sent the little boy back into the barn. After a while the little boy came out with the watch in his hand! The farmer was both happy and surprised and so he asked the boy how he succeeded where the rest failed. The boy replied, “I did nothing but sat on the ground and listened. In the silence, I heard the ticking of the watch and just looked for it in that direction.” Church members should both learn to listen and quietly follow divine instructions both from the leadership of the church and the Holy Spirit, and they will succeed in every sphere of life; than to be noisy and create unnecessary confusions that leads to fatal failures and eternal destruction. Prov 16:9, Prov 19:21
BE STRONG! BE COURAGEOUS!! WHEN YOU ARE GIVEN A RESPONSIBILITY
- God instructed Joshua to be strong. He knew that Joshua would need courage and strength to be decisive. Without courage and strength you cannot be decisive in this life. God already knew there will be challenges and that is why He started early to encourage Joshua to be strong in other to face the challenges and overcome. Think about what our Bishop has gone through in his mission work in Cameroon, but he still stands firm believing God for future victories. 2 Tim. 3:10-14. Heb. 11:8-29.
- It is not strange when we face challenges in our life, family, business, ministry or our jobs; sometimes God even uses them to strengthen certain things in our life. James 1:2-8. Even divine projects given you by God to accomplish, can come in the guise of an "IMPOSSIBILITY" but it is you that will decide to turn it into an accomplished miracle. Rom. 16:20, 1 Cor.16:9, 13.
- Every church or family needs a strong leader and committed people to move things forward. This ministry is moving because some people have decided it will not fall. Everyone is giving and working according to their strength and level. Mark 12:41-44, 1 Peter 5:6-10, Joshua 1:6-9.
- You need strength, courage and decision to obey the voice of the Lord. When He says do this, you do it. Divine instructions and directions are not easy, but when you make your mind to obey them, you see radical changes and blessings overtake and overflow your life. Prov. 1:3-7, Prov.4:1-9.
- You will see your life advance when you stop wasting your life with unnecessary friends in the church who do not add anything either to your spiritual, material, physical or financial life. Don't forget the church of 10 virgins in Matt. 25:1-13. These ten were distinguished by their characters, foolishness and wisdom; though they were in the same church, but you could distinguish each by what they were doing. Are you among the five foolish virgins or five wise virgins? It is your answer now that matters; it is what you do after the answer, both in the secret and in the public. The foolish are always there to take the oil of the wise and waste it. Resist them! Refuse to be wasted! Matt. 25:1-13. Eccl. 12:13-14. You must know that the decision you take now will turn your life either for good or bad. Eccl. 10:15-17, Eph 6:10-20, Jer. 1:4-12.
RESIST THE WRONG PEOPLE WHO INFLUENCE YOUR LIFE
- Some are too weak to get rid of bad friends who influence their life, family or business wrongly. They only find themselves on the wrong lane of life suddenly because they cannot say no to evil counsel or influence of bad friends. James 4:1-10.
- When some people leave your church and still want to attach themselves to your life as friends and influencing you with evil words; better watch and be careful so you don’t fall like them and start spreading and saying evil things like them. You may lose your salvation because you want to maintain unnecessary and undue friendship than serving God with a pure heart. 1 Cor. 15:33, Prov. 13:19-20, Prov. 6:16-19.
- You can resist wrong people from entering your life; even the devil himself and be the right person in life or in your church. James 4:4-10. James1:21-25. Say No! No matter the person that wants to lure you into an evil way of life to disobey God's word or constituted authority. Rom. 13:1-7. Don't allow your character drive God away from your life, family or Business. Matt.25:8-9, Mal. 3:6-9, Mal.1:6-8, Gal. 5:16-26.
- Separate yourself from disloyal people, traitors, witches, destroyers, backbiters, enemies of progress, and evildoers in the church. Rom. 16:17-20. Abraham said to Lot “Let there be no strife among us, separate yourself I pray thee from me, if thou will take the left land, then I will go to the right.” Lot saw the better part by sight, and he chose before Abraham his elder, but he chose the “THE CITY OF GREAT EVIL AND SIN”. When we walk in the flesh failure and destruction is always what follows. Gen 13:8-13, Prov 16:5-6,17-19,25. Prov. 17:1-2, Gal. 5:16-26.
- Notice that it was after Abraham took decision that God allotted him the lands and blessings that were his. Gen.13:14-18, Prov. 16:7-13, 20-24. Don't be afraid to take decisions that will take you to another level and don’t allow your destiny to take the wrong direction or miss the right place in life. Joshua 14:6-15.
Finally surround yourself with godly people who give good counsel. Be decisive it is the greatest attribute of a leader, person or a good church member. Prov. 20:5, 18. Never allow destiny destroyers and enemies of progress to come into your life. Sometimes, they come like friends, but they are dangerous; your vision and destiny is more important than any other evil fellow that wants to pull you down. Luke 13:22-30.