Church Membership and the Value of God's Kingdom - Part 3, Volume 2
TEXT: Neh. 4:11-23, Neh. 6:1-15, Gen. 11:1-9
MEMORY VERSE: Gen. 11:4 – “And they said, Go to, let us build a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the earth.”
To know that we can do exploits if when united; and realise that unity is strength. Also to understand that those who make themselves problematic members always end in destruction. Finally to know that pastors are sent as gifts to your life; it is to relate with them properly for your blessings.
There was a people who wanted to rebel against God's instruction in Gen. 1:27-28,”So God created man in his IMAGE... AND God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion....” but they preferred to build a city and a tower that will reach heaven so that they don't scatter, but God scattered them. Gen. 11:4-7. The future of any church depends on how united, active and committed the members are. Church members seek to buy the future of their church by acquiring lands and buying or building estates, schools, hospitals, guest houses, supermarkets, petrol stations etc so that the vision of that ministry doesn’t die. You can take good examples from what is happening in many denominations today. When members are selfish, the vision dies in their hands, but when they are committed and sacrificial, nothing stops them from whatsoever they want to achieve. Listen to this, “Where this is no vision, the people perish, and where there are no vision carriers, the vision also perishes”. Will the vision of Dominion Faith perish in your hands? Prov. 29:18. "Gen. 11:1-9.
HYPOCRITES MEMBERS THAT DELAY AND KILL GOD’S WORK
The church is a place where people of all walks of life gather and they are ruled by grace, yet everyone comes from different backgrounds with different brought ups, by different parents. People also work in different places where diverse ethics, principles and laws rule, but they think they can do what they like as they want in the church. Nevertheless, the church also have ethics, principles and laws that control it, it is not like in the days of judges. Judges 17:6, Judges 21:25.
- They go to work early but come to church late. Deut. 6:4-5, Mark 12:29-30
- They beg their boss when they err but threaten to leave church whenever there is a misunderstanding with any member, leader or the pastor. Mark 12:31, Matt. 5:48
- They work hard to be promoted at work but treat the work of God with levity. Eccl 9:10, Eccl. 10:15-17
- They pay all their dues in the workplace but refuse to pay tithe in the church or any due that the church or any department proposes for the advancement of the kingdom. Mal. 3:8-12, 2 Cor. 9:6-9.
- They buy costly things for themselves and for their boss to get favour but can't even buy airtime or anything for their pastor or the wife. 1 Thess. 5:12-13, 1 Tim 5:17-18, 1 Cor. 9:14
- When they are not going to be in the office, they take permission ahead from their superior; but expect pastor and elders to pay them visits when they miss church without notice. Prov 10:26, Prov 26:6
- They fear and respect their boss more than their pastor and even sometimes more than God. Prov 1:7, Eccl 12:13-14.
- When they are sick they manage to go to work because they don't want to lose their work, but they cannot manage to come to the church, they complain and threaten with disrespect. Prov 25:19, 1 Cor. 4:2
- They take official queries serious no matter how many times, but handle divine rebuke of leaders or pastor with disdain. Heb. 12:5-11, Prov 3:11-12, Rev 3:19.
- They tolerate their colleagues in the workplace but cannot tolerate the brethren, other leaders or the pastor when there is a little problem. Heb. 12:14-16.
- They turn off their phones at workplace, but use calls to distract other worshippers in Church or in meetings, and when spoken to, they get vehemently angry. Heb. 13:7,17
- They can work overtime in the office but get offended at the pastor if he's not closing at the stipulated time. Luke 12:16-21, Eccl. 9:10
- They are ready to do any kind of work in the office and obeys the boss no matter the command, but refuse to go out for evangelism or do any other Church work as demanded by the pastor or the church. Jonah 1:1-17.
- Evaluate yourself first; Are you one of them?
- Is there any in your church?
- What can you do to help them?
- Do you have any friend like that?
- Do you know that they may miss heaven if not checked?
YOU WILL GIVE ACCOUNT OF YOUR LABOUR ON EARTH ONE DAY
- The hair does its work without looking at the ear, so do yours.
- The ear does its work without looking at the nose, so do yours.
- The nose does its work without looking at the mouth, so do yours.
- The mouth does its work without looking at the eyes, so do yours.
- The eye does its work without looking at the hands, so do yours.
- The legs do their work without looking at the belly, so do yours.
- The fingers do their work without looking at the toes, so do yours. Etc
John 9:4, 1 Cor.12:4-12, Rom. 12:1-8.
Be committed to the work of the ministry; stop complaining, you will receive your reward alone. There is nothing like group reward, even when we work as a group, each person is rewarded according to his or her commitment. 1 Cor. 3:9-17, Col. 4:17.
PICK THE CALLS OF YOUR PASTOR OR LEADERS!
During the burial of a young man, another young man was crying out his heart. He wept uncontrollably that many people kept wondering what was wrong with him. The MC dropped the microphone and took this weeping young man to a corner, calmed him down and asked him to explain. He was with the young man that died the day he met his death.
He drove off first and on getting to a particular spot, he noticed that some armed robbers were getting ready to block the road and resume operation. He managed to escape. He started calling his friend to tell him what he saw, so he doesn’t use that route or just stays where he is. He called and his friend didn’t pick; he insisted but this friend would not pick his call. To his friend: “Why is he calling? He should know that I am driving right behind him”. He refused to pick the call and he kept calling and calling. Finally, he drove into the now ready armed robbers and they pumped countless bullets on him. He died on the spot and the armed robbers stole his car and left him dead.
This man was crying because he knew his friend killed himself! Are you the one buying the credit for the person calling you? Pick your call when your phone rings and know why you are being called. If the phone rings twenty times in one minute, pick on all occasions you don't know why! Many people will not pick the calls of their family members because they are close to the house; probably they are calling to tell you not to go into that house because there is a danger waiting right in there.
Now Let's Come To Behaviours In The Church
Many members will not pick the call of their pastor or even some of their Church leaders because of their MIND-SET! What is he calling me for? Money, Money, Money! Work! Work! Work! One of our former pastors is now in prison for almost two years now; our bishop called him for almost two months but he refused to pick his calls! What was in his mind no one knows. He did not know why he was being called; even when the bishop finally saw him there was no remorse nor explanations! Never help the devil accomplish his mission against your life, the church or the servants of God. Heb. 13:7, 17, Rom 13:1-7.
You can bear the name antichrist by your way of life as some members do today. Whatsoever you do against the GROWTH of the church is a SEED you have planted and will reap. Antichrist simply means anything against Christ, His church and His servants. Help build the church and your future will be great and established. 1 John 2:18-19
Becoming a church member is more than registering with the church. The church is a like family where sons and daughters are raised. Apostle Paul called Bishop Timothy his son; so every church needs sons and daughters that will grow and become part of the church family. The question is; Are you a true member, son or daughter who has come to build Dominion Faith, or are you a passer bye who has come for miracle and go your way? Think about this. You will give account of your life one day! Rev. 20:11-15, Rom 14:12.