Church Membership and the Value of God's Kingdom - Part 3, Volume 3
TEXT: Neh. 4:11-23, Neh. 6:1-15, Gen. 11:1-9
MEMORY VERSE: Gen. 11:4 – “And they said, Go to, let us build a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the earth.”
To know that we can do exploits if when united; and realise that unity is strength. Also to understand that those who make themselves problematic members always end in destruction. Finally to know that pastors are sent as gifts to your life; it is to relate with them properly for your blessings.
There was a people who wanted to rebel against God's instruction in Gen. 1:27-28,”So God created man in his IMAGE... AND God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion....” but they preferred to build a city and a tower that will reach heaven so that they don't scatter, but God scattered them. Gen. 11:4-7. The future of any church depends on how united, active and committed the members are. Church members seek to buy the future of their church by acquiring lands and buying or building estates, schools, hospitals, guest houses, supermarkets, petrol stations etc so that the vision of that ministry doesn’t die. You can take good examples from what is happening in many denominations today. When members are selfish, the vision dies in their hands, but when they are committed and sacrificial, nothing stops them from whatsoever they want to achieve. Listen to this, “Where this is no vision, the people perish, and where there are no vision carriers, the vision also perishes”. Will the vision of Dominion Faith perish in your hands? Prov. 29:18. "Gen. 11:1-9.
MEMBERS THAT MAKE THE PASTOR TO CRY
God sends members to a church to make the pastor smile and to help him increase the church in every area. Some people come to the church as a blessing to the pastor, while some others come to the same church as thorns to the life of the pastor and as a lesson to the pastor. Are you are blessing, a thorn or a lesson? Never join those that make the pastor cry.
- It is not new to hear that some members are agents of the devil to bring the church or servants of God down. They make the pastor cry and some even seek the life of the pastor like Judas did. Most of the time when we read certain stories in the bible, we condemn those people for doing evil, whereas we do even worse than they did today in the church. May the Lord have mercy upon us. Matt.26:6-9, Matt.26:14-16.
- The sole aim of one joining a church is to build his life, other lives for the great future of that church; not to destroy the church and the pastor. Of course we know that no one comes to a church with the intention to destroy it; though there are still some sent purposefully by the devil to destroy. Rom. 16:13-20. For some people while still members, they are good but immediately they are made workers or leaders they want to control, dictate or even make the pastor their personal servants at home. 1 Tim. 3:4-13. Many have died for this, and be warned you may also die if you don't change and do the work of God. Plan on how to make heaven, instead of fighting God's servants. 1 Thess. 5:12-15.
- Some come to church and make friends easily, but before you know it, they already have evil motives, and share it with others (poisoning some people with their evil seed just to destroy the church) before they leave because they don't belong there. Sometimes even when they leave the church, they still have their agents inside giving them evil information. Some who call themselves servants of God, but who are agents of darkness do the same also. 2 Cor. 11:13-15. Beware never to be an agent of darkness fulfilling the works of the devil, instead of accomplishing great things in the kingdom. Refuse to gather people like Judas or Absalom so you don’t end up like them! Prov 26:20-28, Prov 6:12-19
- Church members make friends with each other for their well being and church growth, but everyone must be careful what kind of friendship they make in the church (because the church is like a hospital with different sets of people and everyone came to be cured, but while some are accepting treatment, others are being resistant to treatment; some even refuse to be cured and even go as far as infecting others with their disease). We can build our future in the church and can even loose our salvation in the church because we chose to go the wrong way with the wrong people. 1 Cor. 15:33, Rom. 16:13-20, Prov 14:12, Prov 7:6-27.
DO YOUR WORK WITHOUT LOOKING AT OTHERS
- The stars do their job without looking at the sun, so do yours.
- The moon does its job without looking at the stars, so do yours.
- The sun does its job without looking at the moon, so do yours.
- The sky does its job without looking at the sea, so do yours.
- The trees do their job without looking at the fishes, so do yours.
- The birds do their job without looking at the animals, so do yours.
- The bees do their job without looking at humans, so do yours. Etc
1 Cor. 15:40-41, John 9:4, 1 Cor.12:4-12, Rom. 12:1-8.
Be committed to the work of the ministry; stop complaining, you will receive your reward alone. There is nothing like group reward, even when we work as a group, each person is rewarded according to his or her commitment. 1 Cor. 3:9-17, Col. 4:17.
LISTEN TO THIS TRUE STORY ABOUT A CHRISTIAN LADY!
A lady went to her Pastor and said, “I won't be attending Church anymore, I don't want to be a member again”. In the first place that meant she was a registered member.
The Pastor asked to know. She said I see people on their cell phones during the service; some are gossiping; some are not just living right, they are all just hypocrites.
The Pastor kept silent, and after a while he said OK; but can I ask you to do something for me before you make your final decision of leaving the church? She said, what's that? He said, take a glass of water and walk around the Church two times and be careful not to let any drop of water fall out the glass. She said, yes I can do that! She went, did it and came back, and said it's done pastor!
The pastor asked her 3 questions – Rom. 14:12-16,
- Did you see anybody on their phone? She said, No!
- Did you see anybody gossiping? She said, No!
- Was anybody living wrong? She said, No!
She said “I didn't see anything because I was so focused on this glass so that no drop of water falls.” The pastor then told her; when you come to Church, you should be just that focused on God, so that YOU don't fall or lose your salvation. THAT'S WHY JESUS SAID “FOLLOW ME!!!” He did not say follow others! Don't let your relationship with God be determined by how others live or relate with God. Let it be determined by how you live and how you are focused to God. So many people come to Church to look at the mistakes of others and spend their life in complaints and murmuring, but don't check their own life. Remember, this lady even obeyed and did what the pastor demanded because she was such an obedient member; some will snobbishly ignore the pastor and go their way. Some will not even come to see the pastor; they will just leave the church and go their way until no one sees them again. No wonder there is so much rebellion today in the body of Christ. Matt. 7:1-6, 2 Cor. 13:5-8.
Becoming a church member is more than registering with the church. The church is a like family where sons and daughters are raised. Apostle Paul called Bishop Timothy his son; so every church needs sons and daughters that will grow and become part of the church family. The question is; Are you a true member, son or daughter who has come to build Dominion Faith, or are you a passer bye who has come for miracle and go your way? Think about this. You will give account of your life one day! Rev. 20:11-15, Rom 14:12.