Church Membership, Tithes and Christian Worship - Part 7
TEXT: Lev. 27:30-31
MEMORY VERSE: Lev. 27:30 – “And all the tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land, or of the fruit of the tree, is the Lord's: it is holy unto the LORD.”
To understand that members have responsibilities toward the kingdom and their pastors. For members to go extra miles beyond tithes and offerings in doing the work of the kingdom. To remind members that God will not be happy to see his servants suffer and that every labour will be rewarded.
If so many people know that one day they will leave this world with nothing, they will better manage their life better on earth. Recently a senator in the Nigerian government after one of their daily sessions attended a wedding went back home and dropped dead. Where are all the great cars and money he has? What of all the plans he had in life? If life is like this, why do people argue the simplest thing which is to pay the tithe of their income? Why do you want to die like one of the fools in the world? Obey the word of God. Psalms 49: Luke 22:13-21, Mark 10:17-31.
THIRTY-ONE POWERFUL PRINCIPLES ABOUT TITHE
- Tithe was given first by our father of faith Abraham when he came back from the slaughter of his enemies. Gen. 14:18-20
- Tithe was recorded the second time by Abraham's great grandson Jacob when he gave a promise to God after he had a strange encounter with Him. Gen. 28:22
- Tithe was recorded when God was giving instructions to Moses concerning the Priests and the Levite's that serve him. Neh. 10:38
- God says that tithe is holy and it entirely belongs to him. Lev. 27:30
- The Bible says, if you default in paying your tithes or use it for any other thing; when paying back, you have to add 5% of your income to redeem it. Lev. 27:31
- Tithe reminds you that God comes first before anything with your income. He is your strength, your everything and He needs to come first in whatsoever you want to do. Prov. 3:9-10
- The purpose of tithe is to take care of ministers because the Bible says; they have no inheritance nor should do anything. Numb. 18:20-24
- Tithe should be given cheerfully, willingly and generously. When we give it like we are being forced, then the blessings are hindered. 2 Cor. 9:6-11
- When God speaks a word, he does not entertain us with those words, he speaks that we might obey and change or to receive blessings. Tithe is similar to God wanting us to live a Holy life, receive salvation or marry rightfully. Mal. 3:8-12, Mal. 1:6-8
- If your tithe can bring joy or change in the life of your pastor or your church, what a wonderful blessing you will receive in heaven. Mal. 3:8-12
- Tithe has nothing to do with riches or poverty. Many rich people do not pay their tithes and after sometime they are crushed because they are not different from the rich fool of Luke 12:16-21 and many poor people pay their tithes and they have seen the great testimonies behind the obedience of tithing. God says prove me now. Whosoever wills, will PROVE HIM. Mal. 3:8-10.
- Tithe brings generational blessings, hence those not yet born receive the blessings as long as the family lives according to the word of God, and keeps obeying the word concerning tithing. Heb. 7:5-7
- When you see your pastor as your EQUAL, just like any ordinary person, you will not like to pay your tithe to him. 1 Thes. 5:12-13.
- When you see yourself as enriching the pastor through tithing, you will not pay your tithe, but when you see it as maintaining covenant word with God and obey God’s eternal values, you will not miss your reward. Heb. 7:7
- If you see your tithing as stewardship, you will see God as the owner of your life and possessions and remain humble all the time and still become richer. 1 Cor. 4:1-2
- Tithe can give you a great open door and establish your life on earth. Jesus says I am the way, the truth and the life; no one comes to the Father except by me. John 14:6, Rev. 3:7-8
- Jesus says if you ask anything in my name I will do it that the Father may be glorified in the Son. John 14:12-13. Think about this, Jesus is in heaven receiving tithes and yours does not come, but you keep asking in his name. What an error? Heb. 7:8, Heb. 7:17,21.
- When you DISREGARD the paying of tithe, you automatically join the devil and those who are opposing the advancement of the kingdom of God.1 Thess. 5:12-13, Gal. 6:6-10, 1 Tim. 5:17-18, 1 Cor. 9:7-14.
- God has not and will not support anyone who ignores the principles of tithe paying, because it is the first principle of giving. Prov. 3:9-10
- If God killed a man who refused to invest into the kingdom but raised much wealth for himself on earth; what is the difference between him and you who refused to pay your tithe completely and continue to deceive the church. Luke 12:16-21, Rev. 20:11-15
- Your Tithe shows how you value God and his kingdom, and that you are ready to obey his word completely. Matt. 7:24-27.
- When rebellion against mortal man was not taken lightly, what do you think about rebellion against tithing? Numbers. Mal. 13:8-9, 12:1-19 Numbers 16.1-50
- Any church that refuses to care for their pastor by paying their tithes or uses their tithes for paying church rent and other expenditures and allows their pastors to suffer are not different from Antichrist and killers of prophets. 1 Tim. 5:17-18
- If tithe is too burdensome for you to pay, you are not qualified for the great blessings that Christ has made available to his followers on earth. Luke 12:16-21
- When members pursue the blessings of God, or accept the message of prosperity but refuse to pay their tithes they are hypocrites preparing themselves for failures. Neh. 10:37-39.
- Tithes and sacrifices are some of the first keys that open strong doors when the enemy stands consistently fighting against your breakthroughs in life. Mal. 3:8-12
- While on earth, whatsoever you cannot do to satisfy the heart of the heavenly Father will eventually stop you from becoming great and tithe is one of them. Neh. 13:10-12
- NOTHING MAKES HEAVEN angry like when people refuse to give their tithes when it is needed for work of the kingdom to go well. You can just reflect to the rich foolish man in the Bible. Don't forget the first shall be the last, and the last shall be the first. Please refuse to be THE LAST!!! BE THE FIRST!!! Neh. 13:10-12, Luke 12:16-21, Mark 10:17-31
- Not paying tithes can STOP MANY GOOD OPPORTUNITIES of success in the life of ministers or believers. It is better to die a saint going to heaven giving your all, than to die a sinner because of something as little as disobedience in tithing. Mal. 3:8-9
- Tithe is not a suggestion; it is an automaton from heaven. If not God will never pronounce the non tithe payers thieves and also say that there will be a curse, which we don't know how it will be, but this curse is from God and not from the devil. Mal. 3:8-12, Mal. 1:6-8
- When you refuse to pay your tithe and enter into trouble; Who is wrong? God who asked you to pay so as to bless you more or you who is covetous over the little tithe? Mal. 3:8-12
Here is a true story about tithe paying. One pastor visited Gabon from the Democratic Republic Of Congo and held a very big conference and attracted many people. He ministered on reasons for not tithing and many were happy. He told them they have been deceived. He kept telling the people to repeat, “MY PASTOR HAS DECEIVED ME”. He later asked the people to go back to their churches and take back their tithes. Some boldly went to their pastor to collect their tithes; others refuse to go but remained in the new church. The pastor in few months had a large congregation, had much money, but within those few months he had the worst problems of his life. He slept with so many girls and women, the church scattered. He was arrested by the government and was sent back shamefully. Many who went to their pastor boldly for their tithes are also scattered everywhere today. Think! Think!! Think!!! 2 Tim. 1:15, 2 Tim. 4:10-18, John 6:60-71.