Church Membership, Tithes and Christian Worship - Part 9
TEXT: Psalms 49:6-20, Luke 12:13-21, Mark 10:17-31, 1 Tim. 6:7-10, Mark 8:34-38
MEMORY VERSE: Daniel 12:2 – “And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.”
1. To know that life is short and you have to maximize it well before leaving. 2. To understand that all we have is given to us by God and we must give back what belongs to him. 3. To discover how many people have died like fools because they refuse to acknowledge the sovereignty of God over their possessions. 4. To finally know that no matter what we gather on earth, we will leave them one day on earth and face the eternal God!
Listen to these Scriptures as we begin to come to the conclusion of these teachings on tithe.
- For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul. Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul. Mark 8:34-39.
- And it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgement. Heb. 9:27
- For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. 1 Tim 6:7-10
- And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars forever and ever. Daniel 12:3
WHO IS A FOOL? A COVETOUS AND STINGY CHRISTIAN
- You can only know a fool by the way he closes his hands from giving quality offerings; complaining always, but he forgets that his life is given to him by God. 2 Cor. 9:6-7
- You can quickly discover a fool by the way he or she refuses to pay his or her tithes or pay them completely, because he thinks that it is too much to give such amount to the church from his or her business. Neh. 13:10-12
- Fools will hardly commit themselves in building the work of God, like the cathedral that is demanding so much money now, especially this time that the work is in danger. You see some behaving as if they have securityover their life. Luke 12:16-21
- It is easy to know a fool from the way they frown and make their face if there is need to go extra miles in doing certain things in the church or for the pastor. Like some people are already angry for this teaching of tithe! Prov. 11:24-25, 1 Tim. 5:17-18
- Fools will get angry even if the Holy Spirit insist that they give or pay their tithes, the rich young man in the Bible says all these have I observed from my youth, but when he heard give, he got angry and went away. When giving makes you angry you will soon have crises. Mark 10:21-23
HOW FOOLS BEHAVE; THEY ARGUE EVERYTHING SPIRITUAL
- When your mind thinks that the tithe you want to pay to the church is too much and sometimes you begin to tear it like pieces of bread until the money becomes of no value in the sight of God, it is because you prefer to give ISHMAEL and not ISAAC. Gen. 22:1-19.
- One man while contesting for the presidential election in Brazil said; if I get 500,000 voters, even God cannot stop me from being the president. He finally won got 500,000 Voters and he became President-Elect. The night before he was inaugurated as president, he died. He said, even God cannot stop me from being the president if I get all the voters I need, he got them but he died and could not get into presidency. He was trusting on what he has and in himself; he forgot that his life belongs to God. Do you still remember that this business you are doing belongs to God? If yes, why do you steal your tithe? Prov. 27:1, Luke 12:16-21.
- Sometimes men are confused on who owns the life they are living; God or themselves. They completely forget that life is like vapour; it appears for a while and disappears, but the little tithe they will not pay! James 4:13-17, Prov. 27:1
- One time, one man went to a company in Nigeria to print certain things, he paid and they gave him a receipt. The following morning he went there to add more of the products. He simply said, please add more to what I paid yesterday; they asked him who are you, he told them. They asked him do you have any proof, he showed them the receipt; they told me the director died last night. First, this is why you must always demand for receipt, secondly to know that this life does not belong to you! Any one can die at any time especially those who think God is begging them to pay their tithes. Prov. 27:1
- Why are we sharing all these testimonies? It is because you need to learn to pay the little tithe from the big things God is giving to you; if you believe He is the one giving you these blessing; why then do you behave as if you got everything by your power? This sounds as a warning for some people who want to die like fools in this world because of little material things they possess. Luke 12:16-21
DON'T DIE A FOOL, BE WISE AND LIVE IN OBEDIENCE
- So many people even Christians act as if they are not afraid of God; they do all kind of things but in the face of fire outbreak, they begin to run and sometimes when the thunder becomes so much they run either inside the house or if they are driving, they stop until it is over. That alone will make us to fear God, and make us put our lives in order. Rev. 20:11-15
- In the face of death or in a funeral place people are so humble by what they see. When they see an important personality with all his houses, cars, money and other possessions lie down waiting for burial their mind quickly thinks of the danger of departing from this world unprepared. Eccl. 12:1-8.
- The only question to ask yourself is, which resurrection are you looking for? If everything is for you and nothing is sacrificed for God? God is so interested in what you do with your income. Your life on earth determines if you will be in the first or second resurrection. Daniel 12:1-3, John 5:28-29, Matt. 25:41-46.
Our FOCUS is still tithe! Luke 12:16-21, But God said unto him, Thou Fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided. So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is NOT RICH toward God. Are you rich towards God or are just rich in this world? Many of us will be surprised at the end of our life, especially the world of today that is after material things. Rev. 3:14-22, Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing, and knowest not thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked. If you know all these things, why are you arguing about tithe like a fool? Don't be a fool; honour God and he will honour and bless you according to Deut. 28:1-14.