Enemies of Christ and the Church - Part 1
TEXT: Rom. 16:17-18; 2 Cor.11:13-15, Phil 3:17-21
Memory Verse: "Rom 16:18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly, and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple".
The church is the institution that is attacked most on earth. The devil the enemy of God and man never ceases to wage war against the church the bride of Christ and against individual Christians. Even when men have given their life to Christ, the devil sends his agents into the church to distract their attention so that if possible they will still come back to serve him and go to hell. 1 Cor. 10:1-13.
OPPOSITION IN THE CHURCH
- The devil knows that the gospel liberates people from sin, so he flights very strong that men should not repent and serve the Lord. 2 Cor. 4:2-4
- Saul before he changed and was called Paul, terribly fought against the gospel, and finally God arrested him and sent him to accomplish the mission of Stephen. Acts 7:54-60; Acts 8:1-4; Acts 9:1-19.
- There are so many false ministers who divert the heart of the people of God today, they claim to be real, they falsify the gospel but generally they are false pastors and prophets. Many are even in the churches today lying and deceiving. Sometimes they just want to come to your house and see things or ask so many questions, the next time they will prophesy based on sight or hearing. Oh! Lions in sheep clothing. Acts 8:9-24, Acts 13:5-12; Matt 7:15-23.
LIONS IN SHEEP CLOTHING
- So many things happen in the church and we accuse the devil instead of taking responsibility for our action and change from our evil ways. Every little thing we say it is the devil, of course the devil is at work, but he uses human instrumentality to accomplish his missions on earth. It could be you if you give him attention to do it. Listen to this "When you give the devil attention, he will give you direction". Eph 4:27
- By personal experience, I have seen so many things in the gospel. Most people who call themselves Christians and others who call themselves servants or ministers of God, are really servants of the devil. They pretend to be what they are not, thereby making it very easy for the weak and unwise Christians to fall prey in their hands. 2 Cor 11:13-15.
- Many are deceived in the name of prophecy. "All that glitters are not gold". Many have lost their homes, money, marriage, houses and many others lost precious things because they thought they are dealing with the right people. Listen to this, "That which you call an open door can be your open grave" so be careful, be wise in this last days. Rom 16:17-18
DOGS AND SWINE IN THE CHURCH
- Who are the dogs and swines in the church, these are still humans who operate and behave like these animals named here. It could be any one of us, when we decide to live like them. Show your real self in the church and the pastor will quickly identify your true person and character. Who are you? Unveil the MASK and your true nature will appear. 2 Tim 4:14-18
- Many come into the church with good intentions, but some dogs and swines in the church in human nature deceive and devour them. They do everything possible either by words or by character to destroy the faith of many. Are you one of them? 2 Tim 3:1-9.
- Evil communication corrupts good manners. 1 Cor 15:33. Who are these evil? Those who use their mouth to destroy the church saying? 1. We have been giving, supporting missions, paying tithes, giving for building, doing this and doing that and nothing has happened. 2. We have been here and nothing happened and you are coming in, anyway very soon you will see what we have seen. Why didn't they go since? They are waiting for you to destroy your faith and they still remain. They are dogs, swines and evil persons in the church. Anyone who stops you from sponsoring the work of God, has stopped your future and destroyed your destiny. Phil 3:2, Matt 7:6
Whosoever comes to you discussing your spiritual leader, your pastor, your church negatively is an agent of the devil. They do this to gain your confidence, to take you away from your faith. You may think you are very strong and say let me talk with them a little, no no no, they are serpents, what he did to Eve, they will do to you. Don't just discuss with such people, they are devils in human body. Shun them! Reject them! Run away!. Phil 3:17-21.