Fulfilling Your Ministry Despite Opposition
Quite sadly, many promising individuals, families, ministries and companies have been destroyed and others have been buried prematurely simply because of the inability to handle opposition.
Before examining this more critically, let us look at ministry or vision again.
10 Things I Know About Ministry or vision of life.
- Your ministry is your gift and specialization. Rom. 12:3-8
- Ministry comes through burden, concern, desire, vision and dream. Luke 6:12-13
- Ministry is the ability to provide answers and solutions in an area. Acts 8:3-8.
- Locating your ministry is the key to your location or vision of life. Eph. 3:14-20
- There is ministry in every church but there is no church in every ministry. You make it happen. Phil. 3:10-14
- Your ministry must be changing lives and expanding God's kingdom. Phil. 4:13
- Working outside your vision or ministry is being out of God's favour, blessing, promotion, peace and fulfilment. Eph.3:20
- Your vision or ministry is your passport to the land of success. Eccl. 9:10
- Without personal vision or ministry, your impact in life is limited. Prov. 22:29
- There are stages in vision or ministry; know when to move from here to there. Don't overstay! Deut. 1:3-8
2. Opposition to Ministry - Col. 4:17
- It has been said that no man is ever accepted until he has first of all been rejected.
- Ministry attracts opposition from friends and foes alike.
- Opposition comes in form of misunderstanding, misrepresentation, criticism, lack of support, deliberate effort to frustrate and kill the vision, wrong counselling, abandonment and accusation of being stubborn, arrogant, proud and disobedient.
- Unfortunately, many have allowed these oppositions to stop them from carrying out their God-given ministry. They forget that if you mind the opposition, you will lose your position.
3. How to Fulfil Your Ministry despite Opposition
- What happens to you doesn't matter, what happens in you is what matters.
- The devil can only stop you temporarily; you are the only one who can stop yourself permanently.
- The world makes way for someone who knows where he is going
- Don't allow discouragement and discouragers to discourage you from focusing on your ministry.
- Your attitude will either lift you up or put you down.
- Nothing worthwhile is ever achieved without worthwhile opposition.
- By dedication, hard work, bulldog tenacity and godly boldness, your opponents will turn you to the right way to excel.
- Referees never carry the winner’s trophy, only the winning team players do. So keep on playing the game according to godly rules - your opponents are referees.
- Yesterday ended last night. Today is a brand new day. You can make it.
NO OPPOSITION CAN STOP YOUR MINISTRY SO REFUSE BOWING TO OPPOSITION.