Manifesting the Glory of Resurrection - Part 2
TEXT: 1 Thess. 4:13-18, 1 John 3:1-10
Memory Verse: Rom. 8:11 – “But if the Spirit of Him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by His Spirit that dwelleth in you”
To know that very soon we will leave this world and everything we see on earth will be wiped out and if we have not matured to the fullness of Christ the end will be disastrous. To understand that whatsoever we trust will disappoint us on the day of judgement; not even one pin will remain on earth. The BANKS will lose their buildings and strongholds where they store their money; every record of your life in the bank will be wiped out and if happens to be that you missed out on rapture the ANTICHRIST will torture you. Finally to know that we came into this world with nothing and it is certain you are absolutely leaving with nothing. Then why do you act as if you have the power to live forever and keep your wealth on earth while you forget the resurrection? 1Tim. 6:7-21.
The resurrection of Lazarus from the dead through Jesus Christ after four days in the grave is proof that a man who is dead and buried can come back to life even if he is rotten and smelling. John 11:32-45. Nevertheless, Lazarus still died again and is now in the grave waiting for the resurrection day. This is how we will all leave here one day either by death or by translation into glory at the appointed time by rapture. Recently, a pastoral couple died in their early age. No one knew it will be like that, but it happened and today they have ceased from their labour and nothing else can be added to their reward in heaven. They are now waiting for the judgement of Christ to receive their reward. No one knows when he or she will leave this world; we all need to always be ready as we continue in our labour and good works. John 11:39-40, John 11:23-26.
EXPERIENCE THE POWER OF RESURRECTION
- Many still go to church and do not know Christ at all. Christ is not a religion; He is life to those that accept him. There are two kinds of resurrection; the resurrection of the just and the unjust, but the worst thing that can happen to a Christian is to go straight to hell from the church. Will you resurrect with Christ, or will you be in the resurrection of the unjust? 1 John 3:1-10.
- We worship Christ today not only because of the declaration of the bible, but because we see our lives changed from worst to best, and we are sure that Christ lives in us and we experience the glory of his resurrection in every aspect of our lives. If we are not experiencing his glory, then we need get closer and open up so we can manifest this blessing. It could also be because we have left our kingdom responsibilities; imagine a Christian struggling to pay tithes, or fighting the principles of giving and supporting the work of mission, that means such person is still walking in the flesh. Gal. 5:16-26, 1 Cor. 15:35-58, Prov. 3:9-10, Prov. 11:24-25, Luke 6:38.
- Christ conquered both the power of death and the grave when He declared that “All power is given to him”. Matt. 28:18. What are you doing with that power given to you? He also declared in Rev.1:18 “I am He that LIVES, and was DEAD; and, behold, I am ALIVE for EVERMORE, Amen; and have the KEYS of hell and of death.” When you hear Jesus declare “I am the RESURRECTION and LIFE”; he speaks with all authority invested upon him by his Father. Arise and use this power to affect your generation. Don't forget that life is short, and that we must give account of whatever we have done on earth. Rom. 14:12, Heb. 2:14-18.
- Having known all these things what are you doing in the kingdom today? Heaven is tired of people who spend all their days asking for blessings; yet are unproductive and unsupportive to the work of God. Calculate all you gave for the work of God last year; it will surprise you that you are ungrateful towards God and His blessings in your life. Think about your response and behaviour towards the recent vow concerning the cathedral; what’s your response in paying up? Sometimes it looks like God is begging for support as if He is poor. John 11:23-26.
- The major problems with Christians today is that we don't manifest that Christ has accomplished and deposited in us; we rather spend our time on the internet using Messenger, Whatsapp, Instagram, Facebook and a lot others but we don’t face God's book, the Church’s book, the Tithe Book, the Welfare Book, the Missions Support Book, the Good Works Book, the Sacrifice Book and many others books that carries the names of good people in the church. Many of us are well known in our traditional and village meetings because we want to have a good burial after death, but don't forget they will dump your body and maggots will feed on it, but............hmmmmm. What next? Rev. 20:11-15. People are going up and down for prophets to prophesy to them, while they refuse to pray, read their Bible, fast, evangelise or even spend time in the meditation of the word of God. You cannot manifest this glory if you don't have time in the secret with God. Matt. 6:5-7, 16-18.
NOTHING IS AS IMPORTANT AS YOUR RESURRECTION WITH THE SAINTS
- When Jesus resurrected, he declared “All power is given to me in Matt 28:18” He came up as the Lion of the Tribe of Judah from the grave. Our attitude after our baptism must reflect the life of the resurrected Christ even as we get transformed while waiting for the final resurrection. Rom. 6:1 – If you resurrect with the saints, then your joy will be full, but if you wait until the second resurrection of the dead, then you will suffer in pain and torture. No matter what we do on earth, the greatest achievement will be to meet the Master when appears to take the saints. 1 Thess. 4:13-18.
- What we celebrate today as we preach the gospel is the power of the resurrected Christ. He told us go in his name fearlessly preaching the gospel. This is what Missions Africa means. This is why we are sacrificing to build the cathedral for souls of men. This is why our bishop left Nigeria since his youth for the work of God in Cameroon till today. When we step out to minister to the needs of people, then can we say we are fulfilling the mind of Christ and manifesting the Glory of his resurrection. What are we doing today as Christians? We celebrate ourselves in selfishness, instead of celebrating Christ through our kingdom activities. Mark 16:9-20, Acts 5:17-33.
MANIFESTING A RESURRECTED LIFE ON EARTH
- There is life before life, and there is life after life. Life before life is the life we live before leaving to heaven for our reward, and life after life is the life we live in heaven after we have spent all our time on earth. Don't forget that, our earthly life is short, but the heavenly life is eternal and that is where all of us are going after resurrection. Whatever you want to receive in the coming kingdom as reward must be prepared for right now.
- Most of the time we hear about good works, but we don't want to experience it. We are the ones to manifest good works, and to show the love of Christ on earth. When Christ resurrected, he said, “GO AND TELL THEM IAM RISEN”. We have to be ZEALOUS IN GOOD WORKS – Titus 2:11-14. We have to MAINTAIN GOOD WORKS – Titus 3:8. If you have believed, manifest this glory of resurrection through good works.
Many people don’t want to hear do this or that with their finance in the church. They are slaves to their money, and everything about evangelism and the kingdom infuriates them. Don't forget that it will cost us sacrifice to preach this gospel to show that Christ resurrected. Some people gave money to show he did not resurrect, Matt. 28:9-15; but we need to stop them with our substance by telling the world Christ did resurrect. Luke 8:1-3.