Passion for the Kingdom (Part 1)
TEXT: Romans 16:3-6; 2 Cor 11:10-33
Memory Verse: "Esther 4:16 Go, gather together all the Jews that are present in Shushan, and fast ye for me, and neither eat nor drink three days, night or day: I also and my maidens will fast in like manner; and so will I go in unto the king, which is not according to the law: and if I perish, I perish."
When you hear passion, it means a burning love or desire to get or do something. Passion for the kingdom is talking of those that have sacrificed their life to see that the kingdom of God succeeds by all means. From the time of old, the kingdom of the devil has been waging war against the kingdom of God by every means available to stop the gospel from going on. But God is raising his great army to stand for his kingdom. Are you one of them? Esther, for the sake of the God's Kingdom said, "If I perish, I perish". It is time for God's children to realize the purpose of their salvation and kingdom citizenship. Matt 28:11-15
BE A KINGDOM BUILDER
- Many people in the bible have stood to make sure that God's Kingdom is not put to shame, can you do the same like them? 2 Sam 23:8-23.
- So many ungodly people have always thought they can win God's children as they plan their evil to fight against the kingdom of God. Acts 23:12-22, Neh 6:1-9.
- Jesus has shown us that his purpose of coming to the earth is to do the will of the Father and followed the same cause. John 4:31-35, Acts 22:30, Acts 23:1-11.
KNOW THE VALUE OF THE KINGDOM
- The great commission of preaching the gospel is all about Sacrifice - John 20:21-22, Acts 5:17-21.
- You don't know love until you lay down your life for kingdom to succeed - 1 John 3:11-18, Acts 5:27-29, 38-42.
- Apostles Paul, Peter and many others hazarded their life for the kingdom. Our bishop and his wife from their youth have given their lives for the gospel in Cameroon until today, having suffered so many things and are still suffering it to see that the gospel prospers i Africa. Acts 9:11-16, Acts 15:25-26, Acts 12:1-5, 2 Tim 3:10-14.
- You must learn to stand by your bishop to fulfill the heavenly vision Mission For Africa 2017-2020. There is life after this life where every labour will be rewarded - Acts 26:13-19, 1 Cor 3:9-15.
- Your value for the kingdom determines your commitment to evangelism, missions and building the future of the church.
IF YOU LOVE GOD, SHOW IT BY ACTION
- The zeal of the devil - He knows his time is short and he is ready to do anything to send people to hell fire, but Christians don't know our time is short to leave this world and meet the Master Jesus. Rev. 12:12.
- There is always opportunity to show love, especially in the body of Christ. 1 Jn. 4:7-12; Gal 6:6-10.
- No ministry will ever succeed until men will rise up and stand for it. Never invest your money on the false prophets, do it in the right place so that your reward will be great in heaven. 1 Tim 6:7-21
We can only make a difference in the kingdom when we begin to sponsor missions. 2 Tim 6:17-19. Never forget "Operation Conquer A Nation" and Operation Conquer A City. You can take up our expenditure as we are opening any new parish. You can call one or two persons to join you and do it. We must be addicted to the kingdom business as Jesus says; My meat is to do the will of him that sent me and to finish it. John 4:32-35. Discover the will of the Father for you and then finish it before you leave this world. John 9:4