The Power of Positive Thinking - Part 1
TEXT: 1 Cor. 1:25-31
MEMORY VERSE: 1 Cor. 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty.
1. To know that your thought life determines your whole life 2. To know that your future depends on the way you think. 3. To understand that no man can be greater than his thought life. 4. To Find out God's ability in raising the ordinary to extraordinary. 5. To finally understand that you cannot produce what you don't have in you.
Sometimes we are swallowed up in some challenges that it looks impossible for we to come out, but we still come out from that challenge as though we never went through anything because in our thought we believed in God. We come out with a smile, come out with a new song and a new dance because we know God is able. Great testimony announces our coming out because we trusted God. We come out radiating Gods glory no matter the challenges. This time as you think properly trusting God, no matter what happens, you will come out screaming, declaring, announcing and proclaiming the goodness of Jehovah in Jesus Name. Amen!!
YOUR THOUGHT LIFE IS THE POWER TO OVERCOME AND SUCCEED
- When you think wrongly in life, we place a stumbling block our way never to succeed in whatever vision we want to achieve in life. It is normal to face challenges, meet some obstacles and even have some people mock us, but when we think properly and positively our success will appear in a great way. Even as we are focusing our mind this time to evangelize, there are some challenges that will come, but as we determines to succeed we will have testimonies that will surprise us. Prov. 22:24, Prov. 3:5-7, Prov. 24:3-7
- Don't complicate the issues of life through crooked reasoning. We won't be in the world forever. Once one day is over, it's gone forever. Your time is too valuable to waste on unreasonable and nonsense thinking, so your thought determines your life and productivity. You are the salt and light of this world, so let those around you feel your impact and change. Matt. 5:13-16, Luke 13:6-9
- No matter what knocks us down in life, we must get up and keep going. WE MUST NEVER GIVE UP OUR VISION. Great blessings come as a result of great perseverance. When our mind is possessed with where we are going and what we want to achieve, we can never stop the journey for anything inferior. The disciples of Christ never give up even in the midst great affliction, they won many souls and the battle of life bowed to them. 1 Cor. 1:25-31, Mark 10:46-52
BREAK THE WRONG HABIT AND KEEP MOVING
- Talking about our problems is our greatest addiction. We must break that habit and keep moving towards the right direction, talking about our joys and vision. Focus our mind on our destination and we will discover the journey will be accomplished. Prov. 1 Cor. 9:24-27, Isa. 3:10-11.
- Everyone has something negative to say, but we can refuse to say it and say the right thing and still succeed. Prov. 18:20-21, Prov. 12:14, Prov. 13:2
- Listen to this wise saying (A) Good things come to those who believe. Mark 9:23 (B) Better things come to those who are patient. Matt. 5:13-16 (C) And the best things come to those who don't give up. Prov. 22:29. There is no adventurer that has found life easy until success is announced. Prov. 22:29, Gen. 41:46.
LIFE MAY NOT BE EASY BUT THERE IS SUCCESS IN IT IF YOU PRESS FORWARD
- Do not pray for an easy life; pray for the strength to endure and overcome difficult things like projects. If you have no project at any particular time in life your future will be nothing. The Cathedral building and Operation Andrew and Philip for evangelism is the project of the church now, make good use of it to revive your life. Isa. 43:2, Isa. 45:1-3, 2 Tim. 2:1-13.
- Disappointments were not meant to destroy us. They were meant to strengthen us and give us fortitude to accomplish our God-given destiny. 1 Peter 5:6-10. We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but by appreciating what we do have. Phil. 1:6, Matt.5:13-16.
PRINCIPLES FOR GOOD LIVING
- DO THE RIGHT THING: Understand that most of the time, our children will follow our examples, not only just our advice. Gen. 18:17-19
- DO GOOD: One day, you'll be just a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one. Prov. 22:1,4
- DECISION: Associate yourself with people of good quality. For it is better to be alone than in bad company. 1 Cor. 15:33, Psalms 113:7-8
- DETERMINATION: Don't fear change. You may lose something good, but you may also gain something greater. Mark 12:41-44
- WISDOM: When you love what you have, you have everything you need. Prov. 22:29
- STOP ANXIETY: The greatest act of faith some days is to simply get up and face another day. Phil. 4:6-8
- GRATITUDE: Never let the things you want make you forget the things you have 1 Thess. 5:18
Don't loose HOPE!! Did the Bible just says you will come out as gold after trials of life? Yes , the Bible said it, no matter how ugly that situation look, God said to tell somebody that you will come out as gold. (Please catch this REVELATION ), you will come out clean, you will come out whole, you will come out without wrinkles, you will come out without a dent, you will come out more beautiful than you started. But He (God) knows the way that I take; when He has tried me, I shall come out as gold. Job 23:10, 1 Thess 5:22-24.