The Benefits of Becoming a Strong Church Member - Part 3
TEXT: Neh. 4:11-23, Neh. 6:1-15
MEMORY VERSE: "Neh. 4:6 So built we the wall; and all the wall was joined together to the half thereof: for the people had a mind to work."
The future of any church depends on how active and committed the members are. Church members seek to buy the future of their church by acquiring lands and buying or building estates, schools, hospitals, guest houses, supermarkets, petrol stations, etc so that the vision of that ministry will not die. We will explain this as we go on.
MEMBERS AND DEPARTMENTS OF THE CHURCH
We all understand that a tree is made up of the tap root and side roots, the stem, big and small branches, the leaves, flowers and the fruits.
- Church members are divided into different department for the smooth running of the church just like the tree. John 15:1-4
- Each department make plans on how to build up themselves so as to strengthen the church like the branches of the tree. They develop strategies on how to raise finance to make themselves relevant in that church like the flowers plans the future to produce seed. Matt 7:16-18
- Each department seek to build or buy lands and properties for the church to occupy their proper place in the society like the fruit appear to reproduce the next tree. Matt 7:19-20
MEMBERS AND CHURCH EXPANSION
Every church that must grow and last must be involved in property acquisition just as every family try to make plans for their future.
- Church members must think on how they must come out of rent to have their own place of worship. No church succeed worshipping in a rented place all through life. Even if there is no yet structure on their acquired land and no matter how small it is, they have future than worshipping on rented place. Luke 7:2-5
- Church members must always think on how to buy lands both inside the the city and undeveloped area of any country. Habak 2:1-4
- Church members must always think on how to develop some properties may be by building schools, hospitals, bakeries, supermarkets, petrol stations and other things that can expand the church. Matt 5:13-16
- Many church members acquire large acres of land properties in rural areas and sometimes in the cities depending on their income for the expansion of the church. Ezra 6:1-15
- Churches involved themselves in farm plantations like Cocoa, Bananas, Plantain, Rubber, Palm Trees, Apples, Pineapple, Piggery, Poultry etc just to make sure that the church have a future.
THE MEMBERS THAT MAKE THE PASTOR TO CRY
God sends member to a church to make the pastor smile and to help him increase the church in every area. Never join those that make the pastor cry.
- It is not new to hear that some members are agents of the devil to bring the church or servants of God down. They make the pastor to cry and some even seek the life of the pastor like Judas did. Matt.26:6-9, Matt.26:14-16.
- The sole aim of one joining a church is to build his life and the future of that church and never to help the devil to accomplish his mission against the church or the servants of God. 3 John 1:9-14
- Never answer the name antichrist by your ways of life as some members do, for whatsoever you do against the GROWTH of the church is a SEED you have planted to reap back. Antichrist simply means anything against Christ, His church and His servants. Help build the church and your future will be great. 1 John 2:18-19
- Some come to church and make friends easily, but before you know it, they already have an evil motive, they share it to others and as they want to leave because they don't belong there, they have poisoned some people with their evil seed just to destroy the church. Prov 26:20-28, Prov 6:12-19
- Church members make friends with each other for their well being and church growth, but each person must be careful what kind of friendship we make in the church, we can build our future in the church and we can loose even our salvation still in the church because we choose to go the wrong way. Prov 14:12, Prov 7:6-27.
Becoming a church is more than registering with the church. The church is a like family where sons and daughters are raised. Apostle Paul called Bishop Timothy his son, so every church needs sons and daughters that will grow and be part of the family. The question is are a true member, son or daughter who come to build Dominion Faith, or are you a passer bye who come for miracle and go your way? Think about this.