Building A Strong Church Leadership (Part 3)
Text: 1 Samuel 16:1-13; Eccl 10:15-18; Eccl 9:13-18, Prov 24:3-7
Memory Verse: Eccl 9:10 "Whatsoever your hands finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, where you go.
Leadership is not based on the height, facial beauty, handsomeness, education, family or social status, it is based on the inner endowment from heaven which can be discovered, cultivated and empowered to affect the generation at hand. 1 Samuel 16:6-7
A - GOD DEMANDS QUALIFICATIONS FOR LEADERSHIP
It is a privilege to serve in God's Kingdom. When you are chosen by God, you must do everything possible to fulfil the call according to the principles of God. There are many things that make leaders different some of them are here.
- Leaders come early to church and go back late because of their work, faithfulness and commitment. Nehem. 4:14-23.
- Leaders financial commitment is in another level because they want the work of God in their hands to advance. Acts 4:32-37
- True leaders produce great character and refuse distraction because they know they are serving God through that position. Neh. 6:1-13.
- You may be hidden somewhere but the gifts of God in you will expose you and bring you into a place of leadership as God did to Bezaleel and Aholiab. Ex.31:1-11
- Your manner of speech and the wisdom of God in your life will automatically acquire you something special as you relate well with your leader in the Kingdom work. Col. 4:6; Prov 25:11-12
- Many atime talebearing creeps into the church through some workers and they use this behavior to destroy the vision like we experienced it. Everyone wants to be known or recognised but God does not promote or bless people that way. Prov 25:18.
- In any department you find yourself, you must know God has chosen you and He is watching you to do it well to His glory. Usher, Music, Choir, Praise & Worship, Maintenance, Technicai, Interpreter, Cleaner, Sanctuary Keeper, Follow Up Group, Evangelism Group, Elder, Deacon, Deaconness etc.
B - TOTAL COMMITMENT AND FAITHFULNESS IN LEADERSHIP
- Every leader is looking for a faithful worker, someone who will always carry out instruction with much loyalty. Ex 31:1-5. Unfaithfulness destroys the vision of any church. Prov 25:13,19.
- Sometimes people think they are working for the pastor or the church. With such thought they do the work of God with evil mind and sometimes in hypocrisy. You cannot despise God, His servants, next hierarchy or the church and think you are still working for God. Luke 16:10-13; Ps. 78:9-12
C - WORKING TOGETHER IN UNITY
- 1. Leadership is not a game of one man, it is a team work. Eccl 4:9-12. It is like team of footballers in a field with ten players and one goal keeper, with the referee and lines men. 2 Tim. 2:5; 1 Cor 9:24-27. It is like a tree which is made up of the tap root and side roots, stem, branches, leaves and the fruits and all these make up the tree as Jesus explained. John 15:1-6.
- Any leader that does not feel free to work together with others can never fulfil the goal of God's Kingdom, so unity is the key to this Kingdom work. Ps.133:1-3.
Leaders who do the right thing in leadership are always thirsty for God for more strength to achieve great things. Ps 63:1-5.