Building A Strong Church Leadership (Part 5)
Text: Prov 16:18-25
Memory Verse: Judges 21:25 "In those days there was no king in Israel : every man did that which was right in his own eyes".
Where there is no vision the people perish, and when there is no man to give direction for leadership everyone does what pleases him or her and the vision perish. Prov 29:18. Sometimes we think that we know whereas we are heading the wrong way of life Prov 14:12. If God talks of leadership or raised leaders to direct issues in the bible then we need strong leadership today so as to reach our zenith in life.
A - THE DANGER OF REBELLION IN LEADERSHIP
Rebellion is said in the bible to be like the sin of witchcraft. This means that rebellion and witchcraft are not different. Rebellion is the seed of Satan released into a person to fight against God, His servant and the church directly or indirectly. It begins with pride first and then it will produce open confrontation and rebellion against leadership. All these rebellion is for satan to destroy the person like himself has fallen and send him to hell.
- Satan's pride and rebellion against God brought his downfall. (Isaiah 14:12-15) The result of satan action (Prov. 16:18)
- See men and women of pride and rebellion against leadership and how God re-acted to it. (Num. 16:1-35)
- Reject the spirit of Absolom in any place of leadership. To usurp authority is to destroy your life and future. (2 Sam. 15:1-6; 2 Sam. 18:1-23)
- The spirit of Ahithophel brings confusion and disorderliness against leadership and every Ahithophel must die. (2 Sam. 16:20-23; 2 Sam. 17:1-2)
- Jezebel is the spirit that fights against true leadership (Rev. 2:20-23)
- There are many enemies of the cross who still fight against the leadership of the church as we have experienced several times in our church, but God will never allow them to go free. (Phil. 3:17-19)
- Reject those that cause division in the church leadership, have nothing to do with them for they are destoyers and witches. (Rom. 16:17-18)
B - SEVEN WAYS TO RECEIVE GOD'S BLESSING THROUGH LEADERSHIP
- OBEDIENCE or LOYALTY: Total obedience or loyalty to God and Leadership - Phil. 2:5-16
- HUMILITY: Reverence, honor, value and respect for whom God has chosen - Heb. 5:4; Rom. 13:1-2, 7
- FOLLOWERSHIP: Discover the vision of your leader and follow it completely. Hab. 2:2; Amos 3:3, 7
- SERVICE: Fulfil your responsibility not just a position - Serve and don't wait to be served. 2 Tim. 2:20; Phil. 3:17-18
- FAITHFULNESS and COMMITMENT : Value your place of service with much faithfulness.
- Paul said I was not disobedient to heavenly vision. Acts 26:19
- Jesus said never look back. Luke 9:62; Luke 17:32
- You cannot serve God and mamon Luke 16:10-13
- Never forget the value of your position of leadership. Psalm 49:20-21
- SELF CONTROL: Bridle your tongue inside and outside the Church
- Committee members - James 1:19
- Head of Departments - Matt. 12:36; Prov. 6:2
- Leaders at all levels - Rom. 14:13, 19
- The congregation - Rom. 14:4
- WISDOM and KNOWLEDGE: Live by God's Word for directions. Prov. 13:13, Ex 31:1-11
You can't fight against leadership and live without destruction. People that tried it in the Bible and today have regretted for the destruction they got and many even died. Leadership is very good if you will obey instruction. If you find out you don't belong in the position you are placed, please tell the leader to help you and look for the place you can serve better in humility and place you there. FOLLOW INSTRUCTION and COUNSEL and YOU WILL SUCCEED. Prov. 19:20; Prov. 20:5; Prov. 1:5, 7, 22-33; Prov. 9:9-10