Building A Strong Church Leadership (Part 8)
Text: Rom. 16:17-18; 2 Tim.4:14-15; John 18:15-18; 2 Cor.11:13-15
Memory Verse: 1 Cor.10:12, Wherefore let him that thinks he stands take heed least he fall".
Church Leadership is one of the most attacked leadership in the world today. You hear all kind of dirty news concerning church leaders, yet most of those evil news are true because the devil is fighting against the church. The devil knows when he distablise the leadership, he has gotten the whole organisation. Don't forget this scripture, "I will smite the shepherd and the sheep will scatter". Even when men have given their life to Christ and grows in the knowledge of God, sometimes the devil sends his agents into the church to distract their attention so that if possible they will create confusion in the leadership of the church. 1 Cor. 10:1-13.
A - OPPOSITION IN CHURCH LEADERSHIP
- The devil knows that the gospel liberates people from sin, so he fights that men should not repent and serve the Lord especially those that will be great leaders of tomorrow. 2 Cor. 4:2-4
- Saul who was changed and now called Apostle Paul, fought against the leadership of the church terribly, and finally God arrested him and sent him to accomplish the mission of Stephen, who was a great leader in the early church. Acts 7:54-60; Acts 8:1-4; Acts 9:1-19
- There are false ministers, workers or leaders who divert the heart of the people of God today, they claim to be real leaders, they falsify the word of God but they are false leaders, workers or minister. Many are in diverse churches today, we also have some among us who are lying and deceiving the church members. Lions in sheep clothing, such leaders are destroyers. Acts 8:9-24, Acts 13:5-12; Matt 7:15-23.
- Some leaders in the church claim to be born again but they are agents of satan. Many pretend but they are lions in sheep clothing devouring the church. They cause confusion, division and destruction. They use their mouth against the church and the leadership. Prov. 6:16-19, Rom. 16:17-18.
B - BEWARE OF FALSE CHURCH LEADERS
- Some leaders help the devil to accomplish his mission against the church and this affects their life, family and business. A little open door they give to the devil gives him a great foothold to cause disaster in the church. Eph. 4:27; Luke 21:32-36
- There are many deceiving leaders today who parade themselves with the title apostle, prophet, evangelist, elder, deacon etc, but their mission is to destroy the faith of many in the church. Matt.24:5; 9-12; Matt.24:22-25.
- Never allow anyone in the name of a church leader or pastor to use sweet words to snatch your soul or anyone around you to hell. Some leaders or church workers come with the bible and sometimes claim to have seen some visions or revelations that concerns you. They will say, I have a special prayer for you, all these are lies and deception against the church of our Lord. 2 Tim. 3:7-14; 2 Peter 2:17-19.
C - LEADING TO ADVANCE THE CHURCH
- You can never advance in leadership when you oppose or stand against the the leadership of your church. Immediately you find yourself speaking against or opposing the church leadership, you are directly fighting against God, because Jesus is the head of the church. Psalm 105:12-15; 2 Peter 2:12-22.
- Reject anyone that comes to speak against your church or the leadership, for such is a witch. It is the easiest way you can open the door for the devil to attack your life, family or business and then when you are attacked the church is attacked. Then there will be all kind of problems, sickness, financial trouble in the church. Be warned never have company with such witches that oppose the church or the leadership. Numb. 12:1-6; Numb. 16:1-50; Matt.12:43-46; Luke 11:24-26
Never play with your soul no matter what is offered to you. You will seek it with great tears and may not come back again. The Christian life is more than any material thing. Ask yourself is this worth my soul. Mark 8:34-38; Luke 12:16-21; Matt. 6:19-21.