The Danger of Dying a Fool (Part 1)
TEXT: Luke 12:16-21, 1 Tim 6:6-10
Memory Verse: "1 Tim 6:7 For we brought NOTHING into this world and it is CERTAIN we can carry NOTHING OUT."
Intro: I REFUSE TO DIE A FOOL. The book of proverbs has much things to say about the wise and the foolish, the rich and the poor and how we should obey God to be wise and rich and how we should use our riches. Foolishness is simply our refusal to do whatever we suppose to do. Read entire proverbs before the month ends. The devil has stolen the hearts of so many people and made them slaves and idol worshippers through their material possession. The devil has always made men to desire material things and serve him than to serve God. Mark 10:17-23. He told Jesus to bow down and worship him and he will give him the kingdom of the earth and all the riches in it, but Jesus replied, "You shall worship the Lord your God and only him shall you worship. Matt 4:8-11. But today many Christians has left God and are worshipping their material possessions which is very bad. Rev 3:13-21.
IS GOD REALLY AGAINST RICHES? CERTAINLY NO!
- God wants all His children to be very wealthy on earth. He wants them to rule the world with their material possessions. When God created all things, He put all under the control of man to have dominion over them, so God wants everyone to be great and very rich ONLY FOR HIS OWN GLORY. Gen 1:26-28, Psalm 8:3-9.
- God specifically told Abraham I will make your name great and by you shall the whole world be blessed. So Abraham was great in all things. Gen 12:1-3, Gen 13:2 ; 6. God gives men ideas to be rich on earth and He want them to radiate these riches for His glory. Deut 8:18, 1 Pet.2:7-10.
- The death of Jesus on the cross did not only give us salvation from sin, but also riches and wealth on earth. So God wants all to be rich. 2 Cor 8:9
WHY DO GOD WARN US OVER TRUSTING RICHES?
- Read Luke 10:13 and Matt 6:24, before you continue. You cannot serve God and mammon. Mammon is MONEY. God has always warned his children on how they value riches more than Him. He wants his glory and honour first before other things can come in.Matt 6:33.
- Look at the man in Luke 12:16-21 having riches on earth but very poor towards God. Was God against his riches? No! He was only against his attitude to Him. God asked him, now that you will die, who shall possess what you laboured for? So is anyone who has riches for himself on earth and poor towards God. Luke 12:20-21.
- Men are always carried away by their material possessions and this makes them slaves and captives of what God has given them like this man who died a fool. Do you have durable treasures that will last forever so that you don't die like a fool? What is the level of your kingdom investment? Matt 6:19-21, 2 Cor 8:1-7.
- A man so desired eternal life that he started running to met him, he saw eternal life, talk with him, but he missed eternal life because of his possessions even though he met eternal life face to face. What and who is eternal life? Jesus is the ETERNAL LIFE. The man lost his life, his possessions and finally missed eternal life which he so much desired. Why? Because he so much adored his materials things more than God, he died a fool. What about you would you like to die a fool? Mark 10:17-23.
- God wants you to be rich, but be wise never to die like a fool because of your kind of offerings. Mal. 1:6-8. Calculate your offerings every Sunday in a month and ask yourself if the total of it can solve your personal problems in a month. Many do not come to service on Wednesdays, Fridays and yet their offerings on Sundays is so little. Does it means you are are among those who do not want the church to advance financially. Luke 21:1-4, Cor 9:5-15, Prov 11:24-25 ,1 John 2:15-17,2
CONCLUSION - WHY DIE A FOOL?
Where your treasures are determine where your life will end. If you only invest here your life will end here but if you invest much in heaven through God's work and his servants then you have made it to heaven. The world has no future in it, but so much demonic attractions and seductions that wants us to live according to it's dictates and deadly desires. What is the level of your offerings every service. Never die a fool like many in the past and some that still die like fools today. Psalm 49:1-20, Mark 12:41-44.