The Danger of Dying a Fool (Part 3)
TEXT: James 5:1-6, 1 Tim 6:7, James 4:13-17
Memory Verse: "James 5:3 Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. You have heaped treasure together for the last day."
Intro: The worst thing that can happen to a man is to go to hell fire from the church. Every instruction we receive from the word of God is to help us to arrive to our heavenly destination after our life on earth. The attitude of placing more value in material things more than God did not start today, but men are still dying in ignorance entering into hell fire every day for eternal suffering, because they chose to live In selfishness dying like a fool rather than obeying God. Prov 1:7, Gal 6:7-8
HOW TO LAY TREASURES IN HEAVEN
- Some of us need to see the revelation of Jesus, hell fire or heaven in other to change our attitude against God and his work. But our problem is that no matter what we see or experience many of us easily forget those things and still behave like fools, as dogs that goes back to its vomit and the pigs to his own dirty place. 2 Peter 2:20-22.
- Read the whole chapter of 2 Peter 2:1-22 at home, You will see so many who started this kingdom race but stopped on the way and destroyed because of selfishness. Psalm 78:9-11
- Sometimes ago our bishop started a TELEVISION and RADIO program, but it was stopped because of lack of support. People ask how can we lay treasures in heaven? Here is one of the ways of laying treasures in heaven that has just stopped. One man or two or three or even the department of men, women or youth can sponsor it. 1 Tim 6:17-19; James 2:14-26,
OUR TREASURES MUST BE ON EVANGELISM AND MISSIONS
- If MISSIONS IS OUR VISION we must fulfil our Motto: "MISSIONS AT ALL COST" but the level of your financial commitment determines our level of fulfilment in this vision God has given to us. Nevertheless when men refuse to do God's work, He raises other people to take their place. 2 Sam 23:8-23.
- God has just spoken to our Bishop to revive VISION 37 which has to do with Ezk 37:1-14, Rom 10:13-15, and he cannot do it alone. This time it has to do with "MISSIONS TO AFRICA 2017-2020" and this will require "MONEY TO WIN SOULS" but it is still human beings that will do it. OPERATION CONQUER A CITY and OPERATION CONQUER A NATION. Luke 8:1-3, Acts 4:32-37. Acts 26:12-19.
- Develop the attitude of VISION HELPERS, meet the bishop to understand the vision of this new move more and how you can help to conquer a city, nation or join someone or others to do something TANGIBLE, it is MISSIONS AT ALL COST. Acts 22:21, Acts 16:6-12, Acts 23:11
- We need CRUSADE EQUIPMENT to start holding EVANGELISTIC OUTREACHES to win souls to the kingdom. No ministry can survive or accomplish great things with the level of financial mentality and offerings we give in Dominion Faith. WE NEED A CHANGE, never to die a fool. 2 Cor 9:6-8
BEGIN WITH WHAT YOU HAVE TODAY
- Someone recently made a foolish statement saying, "When you watch over the television you see the real pastors sharing money to people". The question is how do they get this money? It is still people who give this money as partners for missions. Mark 12:41-44; Luke 21:1-4, Here you can see even a poor widow giving quality offering that attracted the attention of Jesus, and He did not say, take your money back, you are a poor widow. So if a poor widow could give, everybody must learn to give. Prov 11:24-25
- The ministry of Jesus and the apostle were full of people who were committed to see them fulfil their vision. But we have come to a time that people are lovers of themselves more than lovers of God. We must refuse to die as fools and decide to sponsor God's work. 2 Tim 3:1-4. Rom 16:1-7
CONCLUSION - I REFUSE TO DIE A FOOL
Refuse to die a fool, sponsor the work of missions, that is why Jesus died for you. Every member of this church must know that this is a missionary church and to be a real member you must be a part of missions. It is either we decide to fail or we decide to succeed. It is MISSIONS AT ALL COST. Mark 16:15-20, Heb 6:10, 1 Cor 15:58, 3 John 1:5-12.