How to Develop Your Potentials
Text: Luke 12:16-21; Luke 13:6-9
Many people have written themselves off because they think they cannot be able to achieve anything on earth. It is only man that condemns himself, God made every other thing on earth to be fruitful. When God created every thing that exists today on the planet earth, he asks all things to produce their kind and then told man to multiply, replenish, subdue and have dominion over all things on earth.
Anything you refuse to do now is a debt. You owe today to pay tomorrow.
I - DISCOVERING YOUR POTENTIALS
- The first chapter of Genesis was dedicated to the creation of all things and human beings alike. Gen. 1:1-3
- Each thing that God created has something in the inside that helps it to reproduce or multiply. We can call it SEED: while in man we can call it a gift, talent, ability, power, all these things are called potentials. Gen. 1:20-31
- The first thing God did after creating man was to test his ability, power and strength to see how he will use it. Gen. 2:15 - Adam Was Placed To Dress And Keep The Garden
- The second thing was to test the mind and reasoning power of the man. Gen. 2:19-20. Adam named every creature including woman
- It is difficult to know what you have never discovered nor to understand it. Judges 6:11-18
- Many people are suffering today because they have not discovered what God has planted into them to become a success in life. Prov. 26:12 Procrastination gives you a big debt we owe to pay after today.
II - DEVELOPING YOUR POTENTIALS
- When Adam started dressing and keeping the garden, God saw some ability and competence in him, he then brought all the animals to be named. Gen. 2:15, 19-20.
- The potential of reproduction in Adam would have been useless if Eve was not created. Gen. 1:26-28. No animal would have helped Adam because they are not in his like, they could not also help him to develop his potential because their seeds are not alike. Gen. 2:18; Prov. 28:19-20; Prov. 27:17.
- You cannot be what you are created to be until you begin to use what it is in you to develop what it is in him. Luke 13:6-9. I can say that poverty is man's inability to develop what is in him Prov. 6:6-11.
III - MAXIMIZING YOUR POTENTIALS
- You can fulfill your life before your departure on earth. Job 5:24-25; Col. 4:17; Matt. 5:13-16
- Nothing is fulfilled on earth until someone wants it fulfilled. Eccl. 9:10; Prov. 22:29; Matt. 5:17-20
- Success and fulfillment is the product of applying developed potential into proper use. Luke 12:16-21, 15:11-19