MINISTERING TO YOUR PASTOR - PART 4
TEXT: 1 Samuel 9:6-10
MEMORY VERSE: 1 Thesso 5:12-13 And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you; And to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake. And be at peace among yourselves.
Hear this true story of a man of God in Nigeria. Recently an estate was to be sold in Nigeria and a christian priced it for 800.000.000 Naira (Eight hundred million naira) and one unbeliever decided to buy it One billion Naira so that the christian will not buy it, then the christian bought it one billion naira. One billion naira is equillent to six billion cfa. The Christian came to the church and announced, this estate is for my General Overseer, for his future and family so that the church will not put their hands there. A big school was established there and many other things so that even when the man of God dies, his family will not suffer disgrace and shame like the prophet in 2 Kings 4:1-7. What do you think about this?
THE PROPHET'S OFFERING, WHAT IS IT?
The prophet's offering is the amount you decided to be blessing the man or woman of God weekly, monthly or periodically so as to connect your life, family, business and work to his or her anointing. It could be a material thing you decided to esablish to make the life of your man of God to last long. God has ordained it that those that preach the gospel should live by the gospel. 1 Cor.9:13-14, Gal. 6:6.
- Prophet's offering is what you have decided to constantly use to appreciate your spiritual father or mother. Gal.6:6, 1 Thesso 5:12-13
- Prophet's offering is the seed you decides to use to better or make your man of God happy. Matt.26:6-13 Acts 20:18-20
- Prophet's offering is that good plan you have made to change the status and class of your man of God so as to make his future great. E.g. Buy Land, build house, car, open a bank account and constant invest into it. 2 Kings 4:8-14.
- Until you begin to value your man of God, you will not see him as one qualified for any good blessing or greatr future. Acts 4:32-37, Acts 16:14-15, Acts 16:33,40.
- The anointing you don't constantly sow your seeds into it will never be a blessing to you. You may be by the corner of the river of anointing and yet very dry because of your selfish attitude. John 12:1-8.
THE MYSTERIOUS BLESSING OF THE PROPHET'S OFFERING
The great prophets of old operated their ministry on prophet's offering, as we have seen in several scriptures and Jesus and his disciples operated their ministry through the prophet's offering. Gen. 14:18-20, Luke 8:1-3
- Prophet's offering can restore your dead situation or bring great healing to your family. 1 kINGS 17:17-24
- Prophet's offering can explode your personal and family's financial life. Luke 6:38, Prov.11:24-25
- Prophet's offering will destroy your captivity and preserve you from future dangers when you constantly release it. Gal 6:6-10, 2 Kings 4:8-17
- People that despise prophet's offering are not wise, they have always suffered great things in times of trouble.Gal.6:7-10
- The anointing of the prophet will be distinguished in your life and family when you value the prophet and his calling. 2 Kings 4:8-37, 2 Kings 4:1-7.
PROPHET'S OFFERING CAN BE VERY SACRIFICIAL
- The widow gave a sacrificial offering and her life and family changed 1 Kings 17:8-16
- When you sow in tears, you will surely reap in joy. Psalm 126:5-6
- Lydia was an example of caring for God's prophet. Acts 16:14-15
- New Testament examples of caring for propet's of God Acts 4:32-37, 1 Cor 9:13-14
God never intended his ministers to be beggars. He has established some principles from the Old Testament till now. You have to avail yourself of this great opportunity and receive the blessing attached to the blessing of the prophet. It is your decision now either to value your man of God or to disvalue him.
God says, if the servants of God spend time to give you spiritual things, is it a big thing if they will reap from what you have? Hear this again, never think that any profession is greater than the pastor, and never think that there is anything TOO BIG to be given to the pastor. 1 Cor. 9:11-14, Gal 6:6-10