MINISTERING TO YOUR PASTOR - PART 6
TEXT: 1 Cor 9:7-14, James 1:22-25
MEMORY VERSE: Eph. 6:8 Knowing that whatsoever good thing any man doeth, the same shall he receive of the Lord, whether he be bond or free
The purpose of every teaching is for men to change and adapt to the right way of life. There are teachings that are meant for future and there are others that are meant for immediate application. We cannot say that this teaching is making IMPACT since we don't see people acting on what they are hearing. Do we then say that the hearts of men are already seared with a hot iron as "1 Tim 4:2.......Having their conscience seared with a hot iron" or do we say people have decided to live according to "2 Tim 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth." Obey the word of God and you will never regret it. God bless you.
HOW DO YOU SEE THE PASTOR
Sometimes it seems as if it is a curse being a pastor especially in nations where people do not value the servant of God. This problem of not caring for pastors did not start today; It has been an old issue but it is the deception of the devil to destroy the people of God.
- Apostle Paul wrote in 1 Tim 5:18 "For the scripture saith, Thou shalt not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the corn. And, the labourer is worthy of his reward. What else will the pastor do when people do not respond to teachings like this one and continue; it will only end up in misery. If you want to understand this very well read 1 Cor 9:9-11 several times until your eyes and heart are open to the truth of the word of God.
- The result of negligence of the servants of God only results to confusion, misery, frustration and finally discouragement. Neh. 13:10
- What is the difference between the prophet's children in 2 kings 4:1-4 being taken to slavery because their father was owing and a pastor's child staying at home while other church members goes back to school? This is same! But it ought not to be. What a torment of the mind and disgrace. How do you see it yourself? Would you be comfortable if you are in the shoe of the pastor? Certainly not! 2 Cor 9:14
DO YOU PRACTICE THE WORD OF GOD
Many churches celebrate their men and women of God and this increases their anointing for the breakthrough of the members. We need to develop many areas to value God's servants.
- When you attend several birthdays, marriage anniversaries, appreciation days and other special ceremonies made in honour of different servants of God in their churches and the blessings they receive, you will see that they are so great because their members value their man of God. What else can God's servants get from members more than these blessings to live long on earth and serve them better in ministry. Acts 10:2-4
- If you have any plan to bless your man of God; do not wait again, begin it right now when there are some needs for children to get back to school. This is just the beginning because there are other areas you will see and do something if you care and very soon the season of Christmas will come when both pastors and their families need blessing too. Prov 11:24-24
- Go close to the man or woman of God, ask questions like this, what can I do to help you? You will see many needs that require immediate attention. Many of them may not come to you by reason of integrity, but they have serious needs that are killing them inside in silence. Gal 6:6-10
In the conclusion of this teaching, if you have not started doing something directly with the man of God, then you did not understand this teaching of ministering to your man of God. Nobody can force you to do what you don't want to do, but you must know that God's servant has a future like you too.