Missions At All Cost
TEXT: Matt. 24:14, Mark 16:15-20, Eccl. 19:10, Matt. 28:18
Many people look at Missions as an easy work while it is one of the hardest works ever.
THE BEGINNING OF MISSIONS
- They must be a change of mind and life before you can change anyone. Gen. 1:15-20
- All nations must receive the gospel as Christ commanded. Matt. 24:14, Lk 10:1-2
- The first thing is to be ready to abandon all to the glory of Christ who died for us. Luke 5:11
- Missions is our vision - Missions at all cost. Luke 10:17
- You can never begin until you begin so begin right now. Isa. 6:1-9
- Defending your kingdom. Matt. 28:12-15, Acts 8:4-13, Esther 3:5-11, Acts 13:4-12, Job 20:15, Matt. 28:18-20.
WHO IS A MISSIONARY
A missionary is a man sent on a mission by a group or persons or an individual to achieve a particular purpose, but in the church context a missionary is a man or woman sent to somewhere outside his or her area of living.
- Acts 13:1-2, Mk. 16:15-20, Matt. 28:18-20
- Three dimensions of missionary calling:
a. Missions call from heaven. Isa. 6:8
b. Mission call from the earth. Acts 16:8-13
c. Mission call from hell. Luke 16:23-31
Knowing who is a missionary without going on mission, not supporting mission is like hearing about Jesus without having personal relationship with him.
THE PRIZE OF MISSIONS
- The Lord's deliverance from the plans of the enemy. 1 Tim. 4:14-18
- Hazarding life for the kingdom. Acts 15:25-26
- Stephen died preaching the gospel. Acts 8:1-4
- Many Heroes of the Old Testament knew the value of their king and what they need.
- 2 Samuel 23:8-23, Today Christ is calling us to be involved in the business that took his life. Luke 10:1-2.
RUNNING WITH VISION OF MISSIONS
- The power of prophecy in missions
- Running with the anointing of the leader or visioner
- Running towards the direction of the vision at a time
- Understanding the desire and the passion of the leader
- Always ask which step are we talking next