The Prophet's Offering (Part 2)
TEXT: Matt. 26:6-13; John 12:1-8
Memory Verse: Mark 14:4 "And there were some that had indignation within themselves, and said, Why was this waste of the ointment made?"
Nothing brings great blessing like appreciating God's servant placed over your life. God values everyone He has anointed because He sent them on earth to represent Him in every affair of human endeavour. Sometimes we see them ordinary because they look like us, but God has separated them for His service on earth. They are servants of God by ministering to people day and night, so you must learn to value them. 1 Cor 9:11-14
YOU MUST VALUE YOUR PROPHET
- Many people do not know as they value their prophet, the same value is for God. You cannot see God at any time, you can only see Him in the lives of His servants that He has chosen to serve you. Numbers 18:1-7.
- A servant of God you don't value cannot be a blessing to your life. It is the value you place on him that draws out the anointing to bless your life. 1Samuel 10:1-12
- The more you place value on your man of God; the more important he becomes to you. You will think more on how to preserve him and his family, and how he will live longer and never die before his time by suffering. 2 Kings 4:8-17
- Until you begin to value your prophet, you will not see him as a model, a hero or your mentor. You will allow him to be wasted as we see a prophet died in great poverty. What a curse upon his followers, may that never be your portion. 2 kings 4:1-4.
- Think about this, if you husband, wife, son, daughter, brother, uncle, cousin etc is your pastor or prophet, would you value him? Read Matt.10:8-14 and 1 Cor 9:7-14. JUDAS HAD NO VALUE ON CHRIST THAT CHOSE HIM INTO THE MINISTRY. He asked a question, WHY THIS WASTE? Many people see what is done for the pastor as a waste. Matt. 26:8; Mark 14:4-5, Deut 24:14-15, Deut 25:4, Luke 10:7, 1 Tim 5:18
- We will soon leave this world, what ever you give to your pastor, you will one day see it before you; not only in heaven, there will be a reward of it on earth. Gal. 6:6-10.
- The more you disvalue a servant of God the more greater problems come your way to destroy your income, business or family. Psalm 105.13-15
BUYING THE FUTURE FOR YOUR PASTOR
- It is very important to know that you can make your servant of God or his family live longer. The more you care for your pastor, the more you extend his life on earth. Never join those that think that a pastor must live miserable on earth.
- The children of the pastor are his future generation. If they grow up illiterates because their father is a pastor, it is a curse to the church. There must be people that are compassionate about the future life and family of the pastor. You can help preserve the future of the pastor. Luke 8:1-3.
- Lydia and the Shunemite woman saw it necessary to take care of the servants of God. Lydia forced the servants of God to come into her house and stay until their mission was over and the Shunemite woman spoke to her husband to build a place and equip it for the servant of God. Do you really have such a heart to build the future of God's servant. Acts 16:14-15 , 2 Kings 4:8-17.
- The relationship with the pastor is not one time encounter, it is for life until death separates you. His challenges on earth is not one time neither do you have only one time challenge. He is there for you and you are there for him. When his anointing begin to mean nothing to you, your love for him begin to diminish, that equally means that the flow of blessing from his life and ministry will cease from reaching you. Heb.7:7, 2 Kings 4:2-7, 2 Kings 4:17-37
Lets be real over this issue, does your pastor live well, do you care about him and his family? Anything you can do to preserve the life and family of your pastor attracts blessing. Nothing is too small depending on your level of income. 1 Thess 5:12-13