Season of Thanksgiving and The Blessings - Part 3
TEXT: 2 CHRO. 1:6-12, Lev 22:18-25
Memory Verse: "Acts 10:4 And when he looked on him, he was afraid, and said, What is it, Lord? And he said unto him, Thy prayers and thine alms are come up for a memorial before God."
The true reason for sacrificial thanksgiving is to show God how much we love Him for all His goodness and mercy over our lives. Many sleep and never wake up. Many travel and never come back, even Families move out for a journey and perish on the way. Fire disaster has wasted some people and their wealth. Many businesses are just destroyed in one day. Thieves break in and waste people's lives. Children go to school and never come back. Natural disaster has wasted many cities thereby destroying many houses, businesses, homes and people, but God has been loving us, protecting us and showing us his everlasting mercy. Can't we sincerely use something very important to say thank you in this thanksgiving. God is the owner of all things in the world Psalm 24:1, why don't we behave as if He is the giver of all things we have. Gen.22:1-18.
IF YOU WERE GIVING TO THE PRESIDENT OF A NATION WHAT WILL YOU GIVE
- At the end of the year, many people go to their gods with special and costly things to say thank you. Some go to their directors to say thank you. Many government officials go to their superiors to say thank you, but God's people are always in ignorance about what God is doing for them, they forget that without God they will not only be miserable, they will die. Mal. 1.6-16
- End of the year thanksgiving is the summary of everything God has done in the year, preserving life, family, business etc, so we need to understand that God is waiting for us to tell Him thank you for all he has done from the beginning to the end of the year. Deut 16:13-17
- If you were giving to the governor, president, minister, king or any other important personality in your life, what will you give to him. Do you think so about God. Deut 15:21
- We quickly forget the good God has done in our life in times of trouble, we treat Him less than ordinary things. Real Christians remember what God has done for them and they sacrifice to Him in return. Psalms 66:13-16
- No one at the mortuary can wake up and give God thanks, now that you are still living, maximise this privilege and do something tangible in your thanksgiving. Luke 12:16-21
HOW MUCH DO YOU VALUE GOD?
- Men that disvalue God in their heart and attitude and refuse to give Him the right place in their life and always thank him has always ended in jeopardy Luke 12:16-21
- David could receive what Onan offered him and sacrificed it to God, but he said I can not sacrifice to God what cost me nothing. What is the cost of your thanksgiving this end of the year. 1Chro. 21: 22-26
- Is God really a beggar or are we doing all these thanksgiving for our own good and future, if it is for our good, why do we behave as if God is looking for something to eat or some money to use. Job 36:10-12
- Our attitude before the altar of God determine the type of heart God develope for us in everything of life. 2 Cor. 9:6, Gal. 6:7
- When you are looking for a great testimony in life, you must learn to do things that attract the attention of God like Abraham did. James 2:20-22, 1 kings 17:9-15
GOD IS NOT A DOG
- No one forced the widow into a sacrificial offering; you never expect someone to force you into obeying the word of God in thanksgiving. Mk. 12:41-44
- God always watch when you give him anything especially our thanksgiving offering after he has done so many good things for us. Luke 21:1-4
- If you need a generational blessing, it is only received through sacrificial offering and thanksgiving. Wherever the gospel is preached, this woman is mentioned. Matt. 26:6-13
- The thought that stopped you from your sacrificial thanksgiving will still bring you back to another lower level of regret in life. You always need God, if you think you don't need Him because things are good now, don't forget there is always a rainy day of need. Acts 4:34-37
CHANGE YOUR MENTALITY OF GIVING
If you begin early to plan your thanksgiving you will never give God a trash, you will give Him your GOLD. Never give the devil an inch in your life. Psalm 76:11