Season of Thanksgiving and The Blessings - Part 5
TEXT: Acts 27:1-44, Acts 28:1-10
Memory Verse: "Luke 17:15-16 And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, TURN BACK, and with a loud voice glorified God. And fell down on his face at His feet, GIVING HIM THANKS: and he was a Samaritan."
In the conclusion of this our teaching, we want you to think and thank. Many people don't think back and remember God's interventions in their lives. The recent train accident that claimed so many lives at Esseka teaches us a great lesson. Many corpses haven’t yet been recognized because they were completely destroyed. People are always filled with immediate challenges that they don't see what God has done for them in the past. They are full of unnecessary problems, full of foolish complaints and full of discouraging words that defile others, thereby they forget to thank God for anything in life. Psalm 66:13-16.
THINK AND THANK 1
- It is always very important to sit down and think back, to remember so many things God has done in our lives. Acts 28:1-10
- If God has healed you of headache, thank Him for that because many have died of headache. Many have died alone in their car while driving without being involved in an accident with another car. Ordinary bone of fish or meat has killed some people while eating their food. Many people have been in their houses and a car loses control comes in their house and kills them. Psalms 148:1-14.
- A story holds that once a man was in the bush cutting some palm fronds and one of the tires of a vehicle passing by jolted out and the vehicle entered the bush and killed him. There are so many things that look very simple that has killed many people but you are still alive and well. Can't you reason today and see the grace of God in your life and thank him. Luke 17:11-19
- Do you think you are married because you are handsome or beautiful, many like you with all their physical attraction and even their money are not married and you cannot thank God for being married. Psalms 124:1-8
- Let’s talk about children, many are looking for children but at least you have one and yet you don't see any reason to thank God. You that have many children can you one day thank God for their lives.
Is it that you are not wise or that the devil has blocked your mind from seeing the right thing to do? Learn to give thanks even for your own life. Matt 6:19-21
THINK AND THANK 2
- For the fact that your body is still complete is worth giving thanks. If you have nothing to thank God for, please visit all departments of the hospital, then go back home and reflect. You are not strong by your personal power.
- Many people are never cheerful even for one day. Their face is always gloomy. They always look angry ready to devour people. Have you ever wondered why a poor widow should give her all to God in the midst of rich people? Mark 12:41-44; 2 Cor. 9:6-11.
- Lets repeat this again, your heart either attracts God or pushes Him away. If you can eat, bathe, breathe, urinate, pass out excrement, see, walk and talk, and still not recognize anything good around you, then the question should be "Why are you very ungrateful towards your Maker?" Psalms 107:21-31.
- Elkanah with his family went up to SHILOH every year to do two things; TO SACRIFICE and to PAY VOWS. This was not their tithe, first fruits, peace offerings, freewill offerings and many others. Luke 6:38
- If you see no reason to thank God, you have accepted the lies of the devil and he has deceived you. You will soon see reason to cry without consolation from God. Isaiah 64:1-4, 1 Cor. 2: 9-10.
CONCLUSION - THINK WELL AND THANK WELL
You can decide to thank God or to rebel against Him but remember no living being can exist without the help of God, and you will need this help one day.