The Choice of Destiny
TEXT: Luke 12:16-21; Luke 13:6-9; 2 Kings 3:22-27; Matt. 28:10-15; Esther 3:8-11
Our labor on earth is controlled by heaven, so we must always invest in the kingdom business.
COVENANTING YOUR LIFE FOR ETERNITY
- The test of obedience from God was failed from the beginning. God's tithe. Gen. 2:16-17
- Cain could not honor God, it led him to murder and finally he was cursed. Gen. 4:3-8
- Noah's prophecy was accomplished when he obeyed God. Gen. 5:29
- Noah's sacrificial worship brought down heaven. Gen. 6:8-9. The importance of seed. Gen. 7:13
- After the flood the first thing that Noah did was to build an altar. Gen. 8:15-22 and he offered a sacrifice to the Lord and made covenant with him.
- The 10 lepers. Luke 17:12-19 - Only one person's healing was established.
MAINTAINING YOUR COVENANT WITH GOD
- God is complaining of your lack of care and commitment. Isa. 43:23-24
- Make covenant with true sacrifice. Malachi chapters 1 and 2
- God was addressing the Israelite nation but saying that the gentile nations especially Africa will give him a pure offering and not as the Israelites who started to offer torn animals for sacrifice and lame animals for sacrifice.
- Esau had no value for spiritual things - Rejected by God. Gen. 4:3-8
- Honor the Lord God - Make an account for God. Mal. 1:1-7; Gen. 4:3-8
- What you cannot give to a high personality don't offer to God. Mal. 1:8
MAKING A MEMORIAL IN THE KINGDOM WHILE ON EARTH
- 2 Sam. 23:8-23 - Many consider their life first before their God and his work.
- Cornelius, Acts 10:1-6
- Lydia - constrained the servants of God to come in to her house.
- Mary - poured costly oil upon Jesus - If you are waiting for another Jesus you will not see him. Pour your resources on God's work. Matt. 26:6-15; Ps. 50:5-6; Ps. 126:5-6
- Dorcas - Invested on people - you can invest in his work. Acts 9:36-43
WHERE IS YOUR NAME
- Women that followed Jesus - Luke 8:1-3
- Shunamite woman - 2 Kings 4:8-17
- Samaritan woman - John 4:25-30
- Simeon of Syria - Matt. 27:27-32
- Joseph of Aramathia