The Blessings of Sacrificial Thanksgiving - Part 2
TEXT: PSALMS 107:21-32
INTRODUCTION: Sacrifice is what God demands when He wants to test our true love for him. He has given us life and everything to enjoy, but when he demands for anything, He watches our attitude in obedience to His command. Sacrifice does not reduce you or what you have, it rather increases you since the God of all creation is the one you want to make happy. Gen.22:1-18.
GOD IS BEHIND ALL YOUR SACRIFICIAL THANKSGIVING
- God wants you to have lasting wealth with a good foundation; Luke 6:38.
- God does not want you to lay a foundation that will be destroyed after you have labored; Matt. 6:19-21.
- Living according to God’s instruction gives you protection while others suffer terrible shipwreck or breakdown; Matt. 7:24-27.
- Nothing rejoices the heart of God like coming back to say thank you where He has visited you in times of trouble. Psalms 66:10-16
- When you see God as nothing, you give Him things that do not cost you anything, but when you value Him your worship cost you according to your value. Mal. 1:6-8
THE UNLIMITED BLESSINGS OF SACRIFICIAL THANKSGIVING
- Nothing can equate the blessings that God releases to us after our sacrificial thanksgiving; Matt. 26:6-13, John 12:1-8.
- No one has ever been involved in sacrificial thanksgiving without constant and surprising heavenly visitations. Gen. 22:1-18, 2 Kings 3:26-27
- Every act of sacrificial love in giving manifested in the honour of God brings much blessings; 2 Kings 4:8-37.
- Any destiny that is connected to God through sacrificial thanksgiving cannot be stopped by the devil; 2 Cor. 9:6-10.
- Men that have made great success have always connected their testimonies to sacrifice; James 2:20-26.
SACRIFICIAL THANKSGIVING - THE MASTER KEY TO GOD’S TREASURE HOUSE
- God never involves his children in unprofitable ventures; Heb. 6:10.
- If Jesus commended a poor widow for sacrificial giving, then no one is exempted from sacrificial giving; Mk. 12:41-44, 1 Kings 17:8-16.
- You may be born in poverty but poverty is not born in you, so demonstrate the nature of God which is giving; 2 Cor. 8:1-9, Mark 12:41-44.
- The quality of what you give speaks of your value for God the giver; Mal.1:6-8, Matt. 26:6-13, John 12:1-8.
- The mystery behind your sacrificial giving is in the seed you have sown; 2 Cor. 9:6-10.
- When you give your sacrifice, you make a vacuum for God to fill you with greatness.