Who Is A Prophet?
TEXT: Hosea 12:13; Numbers 12:1-16
This particular teaching, "who a prophet is and other teachings concerning the prophet" is motivated, inspired and propelled because of the deception that is in the world today. It is very important to know the reality of who a prophet is and how to relate with him. It is written in the Bible that many will appear before Jesus on the last day and say have I not prophesied in your name and performed miracles in your name, but He will tell them, "depart from me for I know you not, you that work and do iniquity." Luke 7:20-23.
Nevertheless, God has decided to operate and work with men and women he has chosen and anointed on earth to represent him. God can touch everyone at the same time and also bless all as he wants but he chose to use human instrumentality to do several of His things on earth. Hosea 12:13
WHO A PROPHET IS NOT
- Not one who has the gift of prophecy. 1 Cor. 12:7-9
- Not one who answers a prophet by title. Jer. 29:8-9
- Not one who dreams or sees visions. Joel 2:28
- Not a fortune teller or a revealer of secret things. Acts 16:16-18
- Not one who will ask for money before he will prophesy. Acts 16:19-20
- Not one who you can meet to know about the death of loved ones. Deut. 18:10-13
- Not magicians or those using certain things or books of power to make things happen. Acts 19:18-20.
- Not demon worshipers who deceive as if they work for God. Psalm 115:3-11
- Not a sorcerer or devil agents that can interpret the future. Acts 8:9-13
WHO A PROPHET IS
- A man chosen, ordained and confirmed by God like our spiritual father Apostle Joseph James. Eph. 4:11-12
- A man found in any ministerial office that God has appointed. Eph. 4:11-12
- A person specifically called in the office of a prophet. Jer. 1:4-9
- God's servant that you are found under his ministry like Dominion Faith.
- One chosen by God and confirmed by other real servants of God. Acts 13:1-3
You have to be extremely careful in following the teachings of your ministry and spiritual leader so that you don't find yourself entering into serious troubles that may destroy your life, family and business and finally find yourself in hell on the last day. Luke 7:20-23.