Youth With a Mission
TEXT: Daniel 1:5-9, 15-21; Gen. 39:1-23
Mark 8:35 is a perfect example of what every youth must meditate upon. When it is the kingdom, the cost must be maintained if we must achieve the ultimate goal.
THE YOUTH AND THE YOKE OF MEDIOCRITY
- Until the stone of ignorance and spiritual blindness is rolled off the youth, they will still remain in mediocrity. Dan. 6:1-3; Dan. 6:26-28
- If the youth have no vision for a great future, they turn around things that have no value.
- If the youth do not strive to be free from the grips of the world, they continue in wasting their lives and future. John 15:5; Gen. 39:7-10
- The gold of the youth is inside their heart, and their silver is outside the body, but they spend more time enjoying the silver that leads nowhere rather than searching and digging for the gold that lasts for eternity. Prov. 22:29
CAN WE STILL TRUST THE YOUTH TODAY
- Joseph shouted, "How can I do this great wickedness and sin against God and against my master?", even when it is what other youth are looking for. Gen. 39:2-21
- Daniel said, "I have purposed in my heart never to defile myself with the king's food." Food? Can you resist the pressure and temptations? Dan. 1:5-9, 15-21
- The three Hebrew children said "Even if God will not deliver us from your evil plans, we will never bow down and worship your idol." What is the idol you worship? Daniel 3:12-30.
- Jesus at the age of 31 said "My food is to do the will of Him that sent me and to finish it. What is the will of God that pressurizes your heart. John 4:34, Prov. 22:29
- Esther said, "Fast and pray for me three days to see the king contrary to the law, "If I perish, I perish." Do you value your life more than Jesus? Esther 4:16-17; Mark 8:35-38
THE YOUTH AND A LIFE OF IMPACT
- If prayer and seeking God is a life of impact, every youth must be involved in it. Daniel 6:10-27; Daniel 9:19-23
- If the life of the kingdom of this world gets rooted inside of the youth, they can never serve with the best of their life to enjoy the reward of the eternal kingdom.
- If Daniel, Joseph, Esther and others gave their life to preserve the kingdom and God's word what will be the standard of the youth today?
- The day of the youth is his youthful life and their night is their old age. If they cannot work while they are youth, what can they do when they are old? John 9:14; Prov. 20:29
- If Jesus started his work as a youth, why do the youth wait until they waste their youthful life? Eccl. 12:1-3; Eccl. 11:9-10
Any youth who refuses to work is dead while alive.