Thanksgiving With a Difference (Part 1)
TEXT: Psalm 66:13-16; 1 Kings 3:4-15
Memory Verse: "Psalms 126:5 They that sow in tears shall reap in joy."
Can you say thank you Lord with your mouth and act it with your hands? It is time to say thank you Lord for every good thing He have done for you. It is time to remember the past and say thank you Lord. It is time to remember many journeys without accident and say thank you Lord. It is time to remember divine protections and say thank you Lord. It is time to remember what God has done for your family far and near and say thank you Lord. When you have forgotten easily what the Lord has done in the past and refuse to show appreciation, you have lost the opportunity for the blessings in the future. People easily forget good things and remember bad ones. Someone said, feed a dog for three days and it will never forget you in three years, but feed a person in three years and he will forget you in three days. This is the nature of many people's relationship with God. Are you one of them? We will see it in this thanksgiving.
THE MEANING OF THANKSGIVING?
- Thanksgiving is an unusual, outstanding, excellent, uncommon and extraordinary sacrificial giving that cost you much in other to thank God in many areas of your life especially as the year ends and your life still remains intact with you. 2 Chro. 1:6-12
- Thanksgiving must be a sacrifice because it is a demand from a higher power to know your level of love, worship, commitment and service for him. IF YOU WANT TO SEE UNGRATEFULNESS, THE BEST PLACE TO LOOK FOR IT IS AMONG THR BUSINESS PEOPLE! They know the value of Money and material things more than God himself. Gen, 22:1-18.
- Thanksgiving is a sacrifice we do to avert the devastating plans of the enemy against our life, family and future. Have you ever thanked God becuase you did not bury your husband, wife, children or lost your personal life? Imagine if you died, would you be hearing this teaching today? Chro.21:22-26
- Thanksgiving is a sacrifice for new foundation we lay to build a strong and fresh future for our destiny. Heb. 6:10, Heb.13:16
- Thanksgiving is an act of showing our level of love to God, to show God how important He is in our life. Do you really love God for all He is doing for you? Show it!!! Luke 6:38
- Thanksgiving is a painful act of of giving and sacrifice towards God to show our appreciation to him for everything he has been doing and will still do expecially as we grow in our destiny. Have you ever taken the best thing you have for thanksgiving or gone to the bank ans take money from your account for Thanksgiving? Try Psalms 126:5-6
SEVEN GREAT REASONS FOR SACRIFICIAL THANKSGIVING
- Sacrificial thanksgiving shows that you are not ungrateful or foolish toward God's blessings over your life.Luke 12:16-21
- Sacrificial thanksgiving proves your true love for your God Psalm 50:5
- Sacrificial Thanksgiving shows your total submission to God Psalms 126:5-6
- Sacrificial thanksgiving shows your value and honour for God Gen. 8:18-21, Job 36:10-12
- Sacrificial thanksgiving will take you from where you are to another realm of God’s blessings Gen. 22:1-18
- Sacrificial thanksgiving will change your entire evil destiny and generation and give you great destiny that will surprise others. Gen.14:17-20
- Sacrificial thanksgiving will prove where you have chosen to keep your TREASURES whether on earth or in heaven. Matt. 6:19-21
SEVEN UNFORGETABLE BLESSINGS OF THANKSGIVING
- Generational blessings Gen. 12:1-3
- Victory over your enemies 2 kings 3:26-27
- Abundant and unlimited blessings Prov 11:24-25
- God's recognition Matt. 26:6-13, Mark 12:41-44
- Divine intervention and protection Psalms 121:1-8
- All round Family blessings Psalms 127:1-5
- Divine providence 2 Cor 9:6 and 2 Cor 8:9
What you give for any thanksgiving or at the end of the year general thanksgivig determines how WISE you are to begin the new year and also shows how much you want God to intervene in issues that concerns you. Thank God for what He has done and you will see Him do greater and better things for you. What do you want in life, give according to that level of your desire. 1 Chro 21:22-24.