Thanksgiving With a Difference (Part 2)
TEXT: Mark 12:41-44, Mal. 1:6-8, Gal 6:7-9, Psalm 107:21-32
Memory Verse: "Psalm 107:22 And let them sacrifice the sacrifices of thanksgiving, and declare his works with rejoicing."
Thanksgiving is not what we do as if we are dealing with ordinary men thereby despising the altar of God. Every thanksgiving must cost us something that will attract the attention of God. Many prefer to spend any kind of amount with lawyers, police, accidents, medical doctors and many other troubles than to appreciate God to fight in their seen and unseen battles. God is waiting for you in this thanksgiving to see how much you love him. Cain and Abel are practical examples of what we call thanksgiving. Chose who you want to represent, either Cain or Abel. Gen 4:3-12.
GOD CANNOT BE DECEIVED
- Many people mock themselves and think they are mocking God. Though we don't see God physically but He is involved in our every day activities. God wants you to have great wealth with a good lasting foundation, and use it to glorify Him but many choose to despise both God and His altar and think He does not see. Whatever you sow you will reap. 2 Cor 9:6-8, Gal.6:7-8.
- All through the scriptures God has warned man of his relationship with Him in despise, but a lot of people put on deaf ears. Hear this saying, "He that does not hear, hears by problems or painful feelings. Luke 6:47-49.
- Living according to God’s instruction during thanksgiving gives you great protection while others suffer terrible problems, sickness, family disaster and heart breaks. Luke 6:46, Matt. 7:20-21, Prov 1:7
- Nothing rejoices the heart of God like coming back to say thank you when He has visited you in times of trouble. This is an opportuniy to show God you are not ungrateful. Psalms 66:10-16
- When you see God as nothing, you give Him things that do not cost you anything, but when you value Him; your worship cost you according to your value. Nevertheless whatsoever we do we have the reward. Mal. 1:6-8
- Where you spend your time, material things and money show exactly where your heart is. When you life is spent on earth without sacrificing to God, you face some consequences that you regret here on earth and in heaven. Matt. 6:19-21, Luke 12:13-21
SACRIFICIAL THANKSGIVING AFFECTS YOUR DESTINY
- No one has ever been involved in sacrificial thanksgiving without constant and surprising heavenly visitations. Gen. 22:1-18, 2 Kings 3:26-27
- Every act of sacrificial love in giving manifested in the honour of God brings much blessings; 2 Kings 4:8-37.
- Any destiny that is connected to God through sacrificial thanksgiving cannot be stopped by the devil; 2 Cor. 9:6-10.
- Men that have made great success have always connected their testimonies to sacrifice; James 2:20-26.
- When God delivers you from dangers, delivers your family during birth, keep you safe both during journeys and your movements all through the weeks and months and you carry a little thing and give for Thanksgiving during the week as a business man or woman, you are telling God you are ready to be swallowed by the next danger so that you spend your fortune for your freedom. Mark 12:41-44.
A MASTER KEY TO GOD’S TREASURE HOUSE
- The Royal Bank of Heaven is open 24hrs for everyone that always obey the voice of God in sacrificial thanksgiving. 1 kings 3:12-13.
- If Jesus commended a poor widow for sacrificial giving, then no one is exempted from sacrificial giving. Luke 21:1-4; Mk. 12:41-44.
- The quality of what you give in thanksgivig shows your value and honour for God the giver of all things. If you have special Thanksgiving with your family, it is different for general Thanksgiving, that means you prepare special after you must have done what others did. Don't deceive yourself. Psalm 50:10-15.
The earth is the Lord's and everything in it, including you, your family and business. There is no place you can hide anything that God will not see it. He knows the number of your hairs and the quantity of the blood in you. He knows your bank account number and the amount inside it. Never make yourself as the foolish rich man in Luke 12:16-21. Show God that you love Him and He will lavish His blessings on you. Psalm 24:1, Ps 91:14-16.